• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Can I join? I have 9 shinies at the present time.

In my Gold version:
dpmfsa130.png
dpmfsa228.png
dpmfsa166.png
dpmfsa173.png

In my Sapphire verson:
dpmfsa335.png
dpmfsa363.png
dpmfsa329.png

In my Diamond version:
dpmfsa403.png
dpmfsa453.png

Currently hunting:
3. Voltorb in Emerald
2. Raikou in Crystal
1. Bagon in Sapphire

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I haven't read all the posts I have missed. But I have been doing some chaining for a shiny Buizel. Suki caught one before she even reached the second gym so I am after one as I think they look good.

I will catch up on the posts when my internet is back at home which I am hoping is soon.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
ARG!!!!!

So I stayed up till 3am getting this pachirisu chain to 40 then both me and my ds went to sleep. I wake up and spend an hour resetting the radar and nothing....but I'm not ready to give up so I'm running back and forth in the grass and accidentally run to far and the wiggle patches go off my screen which leads to BROKEN CHAIN! now I'm just plain angry but I guess I'll go buy some more super repels and start a new chain QQ

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Hey, is chaning only possible with the radar? Because I walked around in the house where you can find Rotom, and where only Gastlys appear.
After 65 Gastlys (which is more than 40^^) I´ve saved and shut my ds down.
So, only with radar?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hey, is chaning only possible with the radar? Because I walked around in the house where you can find Rotom, and where only Gastlys appear.
After 65 Gastlys (which is more than 40^^) I´ve saved and shut my ds down.
So, only with radar?

lol..

Only with the Radar, and only it short grass. Prof. Oak gives you a Poketch App when you visit the Pal Park after the E4 and it shows how many Pokemon you've chained and your 3 highest chains.

You can still walk around in the Old Chateau or Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower for that matter, and go old-skool and wait for a shiny to appear. Because they still will, but you aren't chaining, and chaining's influences are with using the PokeRadar alone.

So no "find 40 Gastlys without Radar and have better chances at finding one". In fact you could encounter 8192 wild Gastlies using the Random method and still not have a shiny. You just have to rely on pure luck and finding as many as you can within the shortest amount of time for full effect.

Oh, yeah, if you have any questions, just ask, and maybe a fellow shiny hunter can explain further on this.

As far as my progress goes....

I'm almost up to 25 Misdreavus in the chain again. I despise Eterna Forest. It needs it's name changed to "bad grass selection".

What's funny, is that the same grass formation that broke my chain the other day yielded a Misdreavus this time.

Gotta try and get to 40.... it just takes so long being this careful..... I want to get to 40 because I have another dentist appointment tomorrow and when that's done I'm going straight to bed to avoid any pain I might have, just like last time. So no playing Pokemon unless it's a lot later that night.

(I may have forgotten something or whatnot, I can't breathe because of allergies and I've been outside in the hot sun. :P )

Years
Hey guys, I've been a fan of this Club for a month now and I have decided i would enjoy joining. So speaking of joining, can I? I have Pokeradar shinies such as shinx, luxio (evolved from one of many shinx), ponyta, electrike, weepinbell and victreebell (evolved from weepinbell). I also have shiny heatran and deoxys from GTS, seem legit. I am also hunting shiny Uxie in Pearl and will soon hunt the gamestop deoxys.

BigfootTheUnbeatable

Phillies World Champions 2008!
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Can I join or what?
I've noticed that the owner has'nt been on in like a year so is there like a co owner that can let me join. I'm about to have my brother trade me over his Shiny Totodile because he doesn't want it.

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Hey guys, I've been a fan of this Club for a month now and I have decided i would enjoy joining. So speaking of joining, can I? I have Pokeradar shinies such as shinx, luxio (evolved from one of many shinx), ponyta, electrike, weepinbell and victreebell (evolved from weepinbell). I also have shiny heatran and deoxys from GTS, seem legit. I am also hunting shiny Uxie in Pearl and will soon hunt the gamestop deoxys.
I have read over this topic, the WHOLE thing, and I don't think traded shinies are aloud anymore. I'm new here, too. I've only posted about four times. Welcome. ^_^

I gave up on RSing for Turtwig. I don't like Turtwigs, anyways. I'm RSing for Charmander on Fire Red instead. As for Diamond, I am waiting until tommorow and I hope I'll have a good swarm. Today I had swinub in route 217, I think. It's snowy there, so it's hard. Today, I'll spend the day EV training Kagayaku, my shiny Nidoran.

Years
Thanks! BTW is it possible to reset for that Gamestop Deoxys for a shiny? I really want a knowingly-legit yellow DNA PkMn. Good luck with Char-Char though!

Edit: How do I insert pictures and quotes? I would like to post a shiny patch for starly & weepinbell, along with them sparkling after the cry. Thanks AGAIN!!! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I'm not sure if the event pokes can be shiny, I've heard conflictig things but I've only ever had 1 event that I forgot to sr for(look back a page or 2 for people scolding me about it). I'm getting the gamestop deoxys and this time I'll SR for a nature and IVs I like

Years
Ah, you see! Nobody knows this! And it's just my luck, not knowing if I can get it shiny 1 day away! Man, now im not sure what to do... Well at least I can SR for a 31 IV in every stat-Modest Deoxys... I still want meh shiny though... :(

Years
What do you mean? Is it still possible for GameStop Deoxys to be shiny via SR? Thanks for the GL though, if only I could get some luck for Uxie. Anyone have any ways to help me insert pictures and quotes into my posts?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Can I join or what?
I've noticed that the owner has'nt been on in like a year so is there like a co owner that can let me join. I'm about to have my brother trade me over his Shiny Totodile because he doesn't want it.

The most frequent Co-Owner as of late is MetalMario. Give him time, I'm sure you'll be accepted.

I have read over this topic, the WHOLE thing, and I don't think traded shinies are aloud anymore. I'm new here, too. I've only posted about four times. Welcome. ^_^

Correct. Unless the rules have changed since I joined, traded shinies do not count.

Thanks! BTW is it possible to reset for that Gamestop Deoxys for a shiny? I really want a knowingly-legit yellow DNA PkMn. Good luck with Char-Char though!

Edit: How do I insert pictures and quotes? I would like to post a shiny patch for starly & weepinbell, along with them sparkling after the cry. Thanks AGAIN!!! :)

Dunno exactly what you mean by pictures and quotes.... To quote someone just click the "Quote" button by their post. If you want to quote multiple people, click the "+" button beside it and on the final one you want to quote, click "Quote". Rounds'm all up in one shot, like so.

I'm not sure if the event pokes can be shiny, I've heard conflictig things but I've only ever had 1 event that I forgot to sr for(look back a page or 2 for people scolding me about it). I'm getting the gamestop deoxys and this time I'll SR for a nature and IVs I like

This is looking more and more truthful, I'm certain that someone would've gotten one by now. My friend has been doing it a lot too, but what's strange is that he says his doesn't change nature. Similar to yours (seemed to do).

What do you mean? Is it still possible for GameStop Deoxys to be shiny via SR? Thanks for the GL though, if only I could get some luck for Uxie. Anyone have any ways to help me insert pictures and quotes into my posts?

We don't know yet if the GS Deoxys can be SR'd for as a shiny because no one has it yet. I'm doubtful though, if they can code Darkrai to not be shiny, they can code Doexys to fail, too. :(

Meanwhile, back that the ranch....

38 Misdreavus so far, and like I expected, I got a shiny while chaining, which is also a free pass up a level!

It's male, Timid! Exactly what I wanted, but from the stats, it may not be too promising. I ran a Lv. 10 Timid through an IV calculator with 00 and 31, and this one just so happens to have the 00-esque look to it. =(
But, the IV calculator wasn't spectacular: there was only a 12 point difference between 00 and 31, so I may be better off than what I think.

Now, to finish off these final 2 and get me somemore.

GL everyone.
Sorry to hear your sad tale Tabatha. I've been there before. It's crushing.

Years
Well, DDD thanks again, but if you can get different natures... And apparently Kishu has accepted me so I should be good... (again, I'm new, but I think its good...) And for pics I mean how to show them to others in my post like Dark Steelix Lv. X with his many shinies. Last, I tried to do the quote thing, but something went wrong, so I didn't try it again.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Well, DDD thanks again, but if you can get different natures... And apparently Kishu has accepted me so I should be good... (again, I'm new, but I think its good...) And for pics I mean how to show them to others in my post like Dark Steelix Lv. X with his many shinies. Last, I tried to do the quote thing, but something went wrong, so I didn't try it again.

Oh, yeah, that. I'd like to know how to do that too!

I assumed at first that if you got different natures, just like with the PBR Pokemon, you'd be able to get it shiny. But since no one I know has or has mentioned anyone getting a shiny TRU Darkrai.....

It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo's touched on the coding. The Legend Dogs in FR/LG are programmed to have very poor IVs. Seems like it was 0's in 4 stats..... o.o'

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
i havent hunted pokemon in days, the last time was slakoth, not counting the one fishing i did with magicarp lol. i mgiht get back into but im been kinda lazy lately dont know why.

Years
Oh, yeah, that. I'd like to know how to do that too!

I assumed at first that if you got different natures, just like with the PBR Pokemon, you'd be able to get it shiny. But since no one I know has or has mentioned anyone getting a shiny TRU Darkrai.....

It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo's touched on the coding. The Legend Dogs in FR/LG are programmed to have very poor IVs. Seems like it was 0's in 4 stats..... o.o'

Hear that Dark Steelix Lv X??? We need your help! In other cases, can those IV's EVER be 31, and can you reset at a place tofind the dogs,then reset to get them shiny? or do you have to start from right after you fix the machine and get the national dex???

Edit: Bam. I got the quote thing. I'm on FIRE!!!! (Help, it burns :))

Last edited:
Back