• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2 - sequels to Ruby and Sapphire!

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
Years
J5yhJCc.png
Sequels to the original Ruby and Sapphire...​

There's no fancy presentation, yet.​

~Introduction~
Hey there! My names RB11, and I've been working on this hack for a few months now. Ruby and Sapphire were two of my favorite games, and I feel Emerald never did justice as a sequel. So I went and made my own sequels, similar to the style in BW2. I hope you enjoy!

~Story~
I'll go into the story in more depth later, but for now here's a short version (not final):
Fifty long years after the events in Ruby and Sapphire, Hoenn is going through change. Slowly, drastic urbanisation and big cities are taking over Hoenn. However, as life goes on, a new gang has appeared. Team Aqua and Magma's defeat, kept them away for years, until secret members of them joined forces and resurfaced to form Team Delta. On a hunt for the mystic Rayquaza, they intend to mysterious elements, located in some of Hoenn's most treacherous areas.
But what could be their motive?
You, a 12 year old boy from a small town named Oldacre, set out on a quest to defeat the gym leaders and conquer the Pokemon League - whilst shutting down Team Delta's attempts to take over Hoenn. But one question remains:
Will you triumph?

~Features~
  • Brand new Hoenn to explore!
  • New graphics, but keeping the style true to RS
  • PS split (incomplete as of now)
  • Certain Pokemon changes in the Pokedex!
  • Brand new characters and sprites never before seen!
  • Story different to RS
  • Remixed RS music and new themes!
  • Different theme for each Gym leader (planned)
  • HGSS sprites for Pokemon/trainers!

~Screenshots~
As of 2018:
oUjm651.png
BMmrdwQ.png
W5K7a2J.png
5eJblmA.png
mD22wh4.png
b5WlWds.png

13Sbz3k.png
xHz6osF.png
4e5V7lx.png
P8mfdCS.png
spPCYCF.png
wwqSTnH.png
SMRiWDw.png
kmyekf2.png

~Credits~
-Diegoisawesome
-GogoJJtech
-Spherical ice
-Tajaros
-Le pug
-Advance map + xse creators
-Certain sprite makers (name not found)
-Me
-Various tutorials that have helped me along the way
-Everyone in Pokecommunity for being so inspirational! You're awesome :)

~Downloads~
Coming ... very soon.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I like the look of this, pretty interested in playing it when there's a fleshed out release.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
To be honest, this looks... pretty awesome. If you can pull this off, this will be big time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I don't care much for the main character's pointy hair, but other than that, it's looking good. One question, how can it be Hoenn if it's different? Also, if it hasn't been decided yet, I vote for no post gen 3 Pokemon to be included.

RB11

Years
Looks great cant wait until a beta is out.
Thanks, more will come soon!
I like the look of this, pretty interested in playing it when there's a fleshed out release.
Cheers, great to hear that! :)

Can I be a beta tester?
Yeah sure, when it's ready I'll PM you the patch.
To be honest, this looks... pretty awesome. If you can pull this off, this will be big time.
Thanks Crizzle, means a lot! Love your hacks btw :)
I don't care much for the main character's pointy hair, but other than that, it's looking good. One question, how can it be Hoenn if it's different? Also, if it hasn't been decided yet, I vote for no post gen 3 Pokemon to be included.
Thank you! Hoenn will be expanded as a region, meaning new areas will be added as well as old ones. In this way, it makes R2 and S2 much larger games! In terms of post Gen 3 Pokemon, I'll see, there may only be a few added here and there.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I must admit I've always liked the idea of a sequel to Ruby and Sapphire and what you've shown so far doesn't look too bad! Looking forward to seeing where you can take this.

RB11

Years
I must admit I've always liked the idea of a sequel to Ruby and Sapphire and what you've shown so far doesn't look too bad! Looking forward to seeing where you can take this.
Cheers, I'll try my best!

Mini Update:
Trainer dialogues, scripts, and more battle scenes!
oyTQvVx.png
hJGU8Xv.png
uMJV8ZZ.png
sHVAlLo.png
6acUclL.png
xa1iP1V.png

Hope you enjoy!​

Years
Decent hack showed up~pretty charming the way the screenshot looks.I am sure everyone will be looking forward to play this!
Only one thing I want to remind you is that to make a custom pokedex,I mean dont add 721 pokemon in one hack..

Geodude6

It's just me.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Really cool-looking! Super excited. A couple questions:

1) How many Pokemon will be catchable in this hack? Ballpark.
2) About how hard will this hack be?

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
Years
Really cool looking hack! The tiles of this hack is good and fits really well to a gen 3 game. This is what I was really looking for in a hack! Just a question though, are you gonna implement the B/W repel system and Decaps. the names in the game?

Years
Color me interested!!!! Anyways, will you add physical special split? It's a must for me ;)

Oops, didn't read the features carefully, and apparently, this has it! Nice!!! Really can't wait

RB11

Years
Decent hack showed up~pretty charming the way the screenshot looks.I am sure everyone will be looking forward to play this!
Only one thing I want to remind you is that to make a custom pokedex,I mean dont add 721 pokemon in one hack..
Thanks a lot! 721 pokemon was never on the radar anyway, so yes there will be a custom dex.
Really cool-looking! Super excited. A couple questions:

1) How many Pokemon will be catchable in this hack? Ballpark.
2) About how hard will this hack be?
1)I don't have exact numbers, but during the main story around 200 will be obtainable. The others will be available post game (I'm going to add a very big afterstory)
2) Hard games are big in demand atm, but I'd say it'll be semi hard. So that means no easy battles, and parts which will challenge you. I may release a third version which will be a lot harder, but we'll see :)
Really cool looking hack! The tiles of this hack is good and fits really well to a gen 3 game. This is what I was really looking for in a hack! Just a question though, are you gonna implement the B/W repel system and Decaps. the names in the game?
Thanks, the BW repel system is already in, I'll update the main post so everyone knows!
As for Decapping, certain patches haven't worked, but I'll try my best to do it. The originals had it so I may stay true to them, but I'm not sure yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
One more thing. I take it you're going to be working on both hacks (ruby and sapphire) simultaneously? Wouldn't it be better just to stick with one? I mean there aren't enough differences (unless you're going to add them) to decisively choose one over the other. Why double your workload just to accommodate someone who prefers blue over red lol..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Team Delta... Sounds a lot like it's from the Fanfic I started writing forever ago. Coincidence, or did you read it?

Back