• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Cappuccino: A randofused inspired crystal mod

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Small Crystal Cappuccino Deluxe Edition

Taking inspiration from crystal_'s Randofuser, this completed mod takes the original pokemon from gens 1 and 2 and fuses them with pokemon from the rest of the series.

After playing a few randomisers for gens 1 and 2, I missed the "hand of god" so to speak: some sort of planning and care so movesets wern't all screwy (like fighting a pokemon with no damaging moves) or gym leader teams that gets RNG'd with no good pokemon. So I went through every pokemon and fused them individually with a pokemon from a newer series. This mod was created on the rare afternoons I had free over the course of a year in Notepad++ using the crystal disassembly.

What "fusing" in this contexts means:
  • A pokemons base stats are averaged between the two
  • A pokemons moveset and TM learn lists has been curated to be a mix of the two (however egg moves are unchanged)
  • Evolution methods are averaged (if they're based on level) or chosen between one or the other depending on which is more appropriate
  • The sprite is of the original base pokemon
  • The colour is based on the second newer pokemon
  • Pokemon are fused with others with the same stages of evolution (i.e pokemon with 2 evolutions are fused with others with 2 stages)
  • Pokemon with split evolutions usually have a 1 stage pokemon on one of the branches
  • Pokemon are semi-randomly fused based on one of my previous randofused games

Other things this mod includes:
  • Moves have been updated to their newest base power and pp
  • Difficulty has been increased across the board, although wild pokemon levels and the battle tower have not been affected
  • Gyms and special trainers have more Pokemon and stronger movesets then regular trainers
  • More wild pokemon diversity and density
  • Ability to catch all pokemon in one game
  • Fairy Type added along with 3 fairy moves from the newer generations
  • TM's are now reusable
You should try this mod if:
  • Enjoy randomisers in general
  • You prefer gen2 in all it's oldschool glory
  • Prefer mods with little to no storyline or map changes
  • Enjoy the feeling of not knowing what pokemon are in the next route
  • Thought the original crystal was too easy and like difficulty bump patches

All work on this mod was done by me. Special thanks to crystal_ for their randofuser and youtube channel for giving me many hours of joy.

Please let me know if you run into any issues, bugs, or if anything seems out of place.

Download: View attachment crystalcappuccino.ips

Pastebin of Spoilers.

Base stats and typings here: View attachment base_stats.zip

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_032025.jpg
    IMG_20181217_032025.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20181217_032004.jpg
    IMG_20181217_032004.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20181217_031937.jpg
    IMG_20181217_031937.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20181217_031919.jpg
    IMG_20181217_031919.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20181217_031845.jpg
    IMG_20181217_031845.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20181217_031800.jpg
    IMG_20181217_031800.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20181217_031823.jpg
    IMG_20181217_031823.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I really like rhebides of this and will definitely give it a shot. Pokémon Fusions have always caught my attention, especially with how we have only a few of them. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Hope you enjoy Inner Rhymes!

I updated the ips in the OP. I've added Fairy typing and went through the movelists and trainers again to fix some mistakes and make them better in general. I'm going to try and get a full playthrough done over the break.

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
Years
Can we get some documentation on what changes have actually been made to which Pokemon? I know part of the novelty is supposed to be the mystery, but with something as significant as basically reworking each Pokemon, I find myself wanting to know what I'd be getting into before investing in playing the hack :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Can we get some documentation on what changes have actually been made to which Pokemon? I know part of the novelty is supposed to be the mystery, but with something as significant as basically reworking each Pokemon, I find myself wanting to know what I'd be getting into before investing in playing the hack :P
Everything has been changed on every pokemon: base stats, attack lists, typings, colours, evolution levels and methods... There's over 2000 lines of changes! I can post them if people want, but it'll be a few posts :P.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Everything has been changed on every pokemon: base stats, attack lists, typings, colours, evolution levels and methods... There's over 2000 lines of changes! I can post them if people want, but it'll be a few posts :P.

I'd actually appreciate that to be quite honest. Maybe you could upload the changes via pastebin?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2020
Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and New Years! I've thrown up some information in this pastebin https://pastebin.com/6aY8nMvv. I didn't keep much in the way of notes, so this is pure database copy/paste.

You can derive the pokemon they're fused with by looking at the last half of their names, and I've also included level up moves and level up requirements. I've also placed moves at the bottom so you can see if there's any base power changes.

Let me know if this helps, and have fun!

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
This looks interesting. Thanks for making it.

Is there any way you could share base stats and new typings?

Back