• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] Movie 21 dub title revealed

Years

"When a series of mysterious incidents threatens the people and Pok?mon who inhabit a small seaside town, it?ll take more than Ash and Pikachu to save the day!" - Blurb from Pokemon's official Twitter page.

The English title of the 21st Pokemon movie has been revealed as "The Power of Us". The movie, which aired in Japan earlier this month, will be having a limited cinema release in the US and possibly a few other countries. What are your thoughts on the dubbed title and do you have plans to see the dubbed version of the movie?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Why bother changing the name? The Power of Us sounds worse. I'm not that excited for this movie anyways. Especially since the next one is another Mewtwo shill

Last edited:
Years
Why bother changing the name? The Power of Us sounds worse. I'm not that excited for this movie anyways. Especially since the next one is another Mewtwo shill

I do feel the dubbers were lazy with this title, since it is almost identical to The Power of One. Wouldn't be surprised if the dub title for Movie 22 is even worse, since the Japanese title is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution".

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution... Code Lyoko Evolution... anyone spot a theme that when Evolution is in the title of a series/movie that its a major red flag for pure muk?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Does anyone know specifically which European countries the movie will be available in the cinemas?

Eresse

Gladion Trash
Years
I do feel the dubbers were lazy with this title, since it is almost identical to The Power of One. Wouldn't be surprised if the dub title for Movie 22 is even worse, since the Japanese title is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution".
They were probably trying to invoke nostalgia for the older fans, but it ends up just sounding lazy.

Years
I'm also wondering why they're going back with Mewtwo. Seems out of order.

They're only doing it to commemorate the first movie's 20th anniversary.

They were probably trying to invoke nostalgia for the older fans, but it ends up just sounding lazy.

It's still pandering, which makes me want to despise it. I hate how entertainment these days is all about quantity, cash-grabs and pandering to certain demographics, and less quality.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
What was the point of the new Lugia movie anyways? gen 2 has little relevance now a days.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Yeah, just like The Force Awakens when trying to invoke nostalgia for older fans just came across as extremely lazy by being a complete copy/paste of A New Hope (and I'm not being sarcastic about the comparison, BTW, I actually DO think the movie was very lazily written).

It's still pandering, which makes me want to despise it. I hate how entertainment these days is all about quantity, cash-grabs and pandering to certain demographics, and less quality.

I could tolerate pandering if they at least kept it within continuity of the main franchise (that why I'm fond of the Kanto Reunion arc, and wasn't fond of their constantly ignoring continuity in other parts of the show, or Metal Gear's trainwreck of canon). However, they're not even doing that, since The Power of Us is explicitly in the AU, same deal with Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution (and I fear that they're going to ruin the original Mewtwo as well).

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I don't understand why Lugia has such significance along with the lazy title. Hope the content of the film makes up for it.

Years
I like the name, it ain't that bad.
I think I'll give this a shot. The characters seem to be very interesting.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The Power of Us is a clear callback to the Power of One, I kind of like that. Though, "Everyone's Story" had a much better ring to it than this name. Eh, ah well! Doesn't bother me. I'll still watch it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
I don't really have a preference for either title (Everyone's story or the power of us), but the movie looks promising, and I hope it will not be a let down like the previous 3 movies were. I also like the premise for the movie with much more diverse set of characters instead of a smaller focus on Ash and his companions, finally looks to be innovative which we will greatly needed after the staleness.

Back