• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Hi, I'm a Fairy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well here's the favorite Pokemon pic! I deliberately tried to not choose Fairies for everything lol.
Spoiler:

You say you're too old to be on a Pokémon Forum. Define "too old" for me please?
Like I said on the first page, I don't really think there's a "too old" for Pokemon, it's just that I have this preconceived notion that in order to be a functioning adult in society, I need to abandon all my "childish" preoccupations. Which of course applies to no one else except for me. But I still love Pokemon and expect I'm going to for some time!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well here's the favorite Pokemon pic! I deliberately tried to not choose Fairies for everything lol.
Spoiler:

Like I said on the first page, I don't really think there's a "too old" for Pokemon, it's just that I have this preconceived notion that in order to be a functioning adult in society, I need to abandon all my "childish" preoccupations. Which of course applies to no one else except for me. But I still love Pokemon and expect I'm going to for some time!

I suppose my implied question wasn't forthcoming so I'll simply say it: How old are you? :tongue-poke: That's why when you say your not too old for Pokemon, I was trying to see if I couldn't subtly squeeze an age answer out of you. Guess you're as cunning as a Sylveon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Some more questions because I can't let a good thread die.

Favorite food?
Favorite dessert?
Favorite video game(including Pokémon)?
Why don't you use your Sylveon images when responding in M&G? Come across as too strong or not appropriate for an introduction?
Cats, Dogs, both or neither?
Buy or Rent?
Which Monopoly do you pursue in the game of Monopoly?
Are you sorry when playing the game Sorry?
Ever play Twister? If not, would you?
What's your suggestion for next year's theme for the Get Together?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Whats your favorite type of flower? :3
How long would you pet a Pikachu for?
How long would you pet an Eevee for? ^_^
What kind of ice cream would you feed to Kirby?
Do you like to use nice scented air fresheners for your bedroom so its smells pretty? ;3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
IT APPEARS I MISSED A FEW SORRY EVERYONE

Some more questions because I can't let a good thread die.

Favorite food?
Favorite dessert?
Favorite video game(including Pokémon)?
Why don't you use your Sylveon images when responding in M&G? Come across as too strong or not appropriate for an introduction?
Cats, Dogs, both or neither?
Buy or Rent?
Which Monopoly do you pursue in the game of Monopoly?
Are you sorry when playing the game Sorry?
Ever play Twister? If not, would you?
What's your suggestion for next year's theme for the Get Together?
I honestly like cereal
Ice cream!
I just think it looks a little too crazy. I don't want them to think that's what everyone on PC does lol
Both both both both love kitties and puppies both
Buy for sure. But I do rent a house out!
Monopoly? it's been 20 years since i played that.
Same with sorry, but i'd venture that no, I wouldn't be >:)
I have as a kid and heck yeah i would if I had irl friends!
Ummm... someone smarter than me can answer this one lol
c63BzDI.png

why do you have such a nice aesthetic tho? because I am living for this pink, sylveon pastelly flair you got going on.
THANK YOU! I honestly just adore Sylveon and I try to base my visual appeal around it. Bright colors, pastels, nice things like that just make me happy. :)

Whats your favorite type of flower? :3
How long would you pet a Pikachu for?
How long would you pet an Eevee for? ^_^
What kind of ice cream would you feed to Kirby?
Do you like to use nice scented air fresheners for your bedroom so its smells pretty? ;3
Begonias! Oh and Snap Dragons! Oh oh and Azaleas! And and and lots of flowers I love to garden.
As long as it would let me!
For slightly longer than the Pikachu cause it can't shock me lol
Kirby seems like a Cotton Candy ice cream lover to me
I do! Lavender, in fact. :)

First off, lol you and the different sylveon faces. Secondly what made you a sylveon fan?
Some people just have a Pokemon they love or feel represents them in some way. Sylveon is the one I feel like the most!
gMQGI4t.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not to be a thorn in the side but you skipped favorite video game(including Pokémon)? Your favorite game involve Pokémon or is it another franchise entirely? For me, it's hard to say(since I have soooo many interests) but if I had to pick a game it'd be X-Wing. Old school flight sim that had great single player(since online multiplayer wasn't a thing yet) and I'd purposely pick fights with Capital Ships since the most they could do to me was fire their Turbolasers. They didn't add Concussion Missile launchers until Tie Fighter was released sometime later(along with different classes of ships as well). TLDR: Star Wars universe for the win.

Btw, if you want an idea for Get Together next year, how about it be based on four corresponding Pokémon types: Fairy, Dark, Psychic and Poison. Fairy beats Dark, Dark beats Psychic, Psychic beats Poison and Poison beats Fairy. Mascots for each team can be determined beforehand but seeing as you'll likely leap and claim Team Fairy, it's only a foregone conclusion what the mascot would be.... **cough Sylveon cough**. For the other teams, I'm thinking Umbreon, Mew and Poipole.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh shoot, sorry! I've got quite a few favorites so I'll try to keep the list small-ish.

Monster Hunter, Hollow Knight, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, Elder Scrolls / Fallout, Kirby, and of course Pokemon!

Also yes Star Wars ftw! I've not played anything but Knights of the Old Republic 2 (which was also fantastic btw) but I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. I'll have to post pics of all my lego models one of these days lmao.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Oh shoot, sorry! I've got quite a few favorites so I'll try to keep the list small-ish.

Monster Hunter, Hollow Knight, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, Elder Scrolls / Fallout, Kirby, and of course Pokemon!

Also yes Star Wars ftw! I've not played anything but Knights of the Old Republic 2 (which was also fantastic btw) but I am a HUGE Star Wars fan.

X-Wing is OLD. The game itself came out 25 years ago or when you were 2-3 years old. See spoiler below for some gameplay video as you need a Joystick to play it. That's the 93 version that ran on DOS and Mac's back in the day. They re-released it with updated graphics

X-Wing 93
Spoiler:

X-Wing 95(ignore the commentary)
Spoiler:

I never played SWTOR but I keep getting told I should have. Like anything from Blizzard? Like Diablo(1-3), Starcraft(1-2) or Warcraft(1-3). We ignore WoW... lol.

Hmm one more question:

Walk, Bike or Drive?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I always liked Torchlight and Starcraft but only seldom played them. I had fun, but it didn't really hold my attention for long.

I walk if I'm able and drive if I can't. Walking is good for you! And I live fairly close (within a few miles) to a few locations so I don't mind it one bit. But in terms of going to work or school and stuff like that, I pretty much have to drive. I kinda basically live in the woods where everything is at least a ten mile drive. That would take me forever to walk lol. And we have almost zero public transport, which I'd gladly take if it, you know, existed. User Went can back me up on that, lol.

I've never been much for biking though. I don't know why! Even as a kid I never biked.

Thanks for the videos though! I'll look into it! n_n

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I always liked Torchlight and Starcraft but only seldom played them. I had fun, but it didn't really hold my attention for long.

I walk if I'm able and drive if I can't. Walking is good for you! And I live fairly close (within a few miles) to a few locations so I don't mind it one bit. But in terms of going to work or school and stuff like that, I pretty much have to drive. I kinda basically live in the woods where everything is at least a ten mile drive. That would take me forever to walk lol. And we have almost zero public transport, which I'd gladly take if it, you know, existed. User Went can back me up on that, lol.

I've never been much for biking though. I don't know why! Even as a kid I never biked.

Thanks for the videos though! I'll look into it! n_n

Starcraft's campaign was well done and it's story wasn't half bad(at least with Starcraft 1. It's sequel had its moments though). I suspect that RTS isn't your thing though but I find RTS to be better in multiplayer. Starcraft 2 added a new game mode in Co-Op where you take control of central Starcraft figures(like Raynor or Kerrigan) and battle the enemy AI with a partner(who also selects a commander). Commander you pick determines what faction, forces and abilities are at your disposal. If Starcraft doesn't appease you, I'd understand(RTS isn't for everyone) but at least admit that the following is awesome:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I like RTS games, just the same as I like FPS games. I just suck at them lol.

OwoRGS6.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I like RTS games, just the same as I like FPS games. I just suck at them lol.

OwoRGS6.png

LMAO, practice makes perfect as they say. I used to be really bad at them too but playing, even against the AI, can improve your gameplay. Granted if you ever plan to do Ladder or competitive gameplay, it might take to learning a few of the basics(like learning unit hotkeys and how to bind structures and units to callgroups so they can be quickly selected by a push of a button). Starcraft 1 is honestly harder on newbs than Starcraft 2 is as the sequel had a lot of quality of life improvements, including sending your starting workers to automine(you have to do that in Starcraft 1).

Maybe you and I can do Starcraft some time if you have it :P

Oh and what do you think of my Get Together idea?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Have you ate macarons before? :D What flavor did you like best?

Who was your favorite travel buddy of ash's?

Did you have a favorite stuffed toy as a kid? Or another favorite toy? What kind of toy was it? :)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Jo did you make these cool Sylvy response images?!

Back