• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone expect a game this year?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Like the title says, did anyone expect a game this year?

Personally, I gave up expecting after February, after that countdown to "Pok?mon Day", which was actually overhyped, due to the countdown and rumors. I did check for any leaks or rumors, but nothing really showed up, except that image of Route 21 (Kanto) in late March, I looked at it and was pretty much like "Meh, maybe fake" and left it at that, when the news broke for reveals on May 30th and the leaks for "Let's Go Pikachu" and "Let's Go Eevee" appeared, my interest picked back up and when they were officially revealed on May 30th, my excitement for LGPE began.

Years
I think it was around April without any news that I figured we'd get a side series game at best, and I guess that's kinda true, though LGPE will be more like main series games than spinoffs. Then again, I don't think we heard any news about USUM until sometime in June last year, so maybe I shouldn't have given up so soon.

And to be honest, I think this is 100% the right move for them, since it gives both casual and longtime fans a chance to play something on the Switch, and it gives the main series team at least another year to work on the 2019 release.

blue

gucci
Years
Not for the Switch, and definitely not a Yellow remake. I figured since in the past there had been gap years, this would just be another one of them since we'd already had a mainseries game confirmed for 2019.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Not really. Ultra Sun/Moon was only just released very late last year, so I haven't had expectations for anything.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I was expecting a spinoff, and gen 8 2019 (maybe more hoping there with the latter, so they had more time to develop it after USUM, and for a new console). Guess we got a spinoff (Quest) and a weird sorta-spinoff? thing with LGPE as well! It's not gen 8, so I won't say I'm wrong. :V

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I expected one yeah. They've put out a game basically every year since like 2009, and there's been little reason for them to stop doing that given the fact that Pokemon main series games always drag in huge sales figures. They certainly don't care about ending a region's time in the limelight early, given how things went with Kalos.

What I didn't expect though was that we'd be getting a game that is a sort of Yellow remake that borrows from Pokemon GO a bit, and that (unless I'm misinformed) Game Freak's plan for the future for the main series is to make one LGPE style game and one more traditional style game.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What I didn't expect though was that we'd be getting a game that is a sort of Yellow remake that borrows from Pokemon GO a bit, and that (unless I'm misinformed) Game Freak's plan for the future for the main series is to make one LGPE style game and one more traditional style game.
I think this is correct too, but it does depend how well LGPE sells and all. Time will tell on that!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So we will be getting...

Let's GO Johto
"" "" Hoenn

and so on IFF Let's GO P/E sells? SMH... sometimes they're better off simply pooling their resources on one product and taking the time to make it right rather than following in EA, Activision and other greedy as F&^& gaming corporations have been over the last 20-25 years.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The japanese kids will buy anything these days if pokemon brand is on it. Don't understand why GF seems to get desperate sometimes, they can be lazy about a game and still make enough sales

Back