• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] PGE and other tools

Years
Hey everyone,

I have a small issue with PGE. So I expanded the number of pokemon in PGE and I give them stats, level up moves/tms, pokedex description, and everything you would need for a pokemon. But once I do that I go into another editor like advance map to put the pokemon in a route but, It doesn't even show up in the list of pokemon as if I didn't put in new pokemon. I really want to figure this out asap.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 6, 2021
PGE recognizes that you've changed the amount of Pokemon, but Advance Map has the static gen 1- 3 hardcoded in. To force Advance Map to recognize your Pokemon changes, you'll have to do a bit of hex editing.

Open up your hex editor of choice, and open your version of Advance Map in it.

For Advance Map 1.92
Go to D027C

For Advance Map 1.95
Go to 77DD5

Change
Code:
9C 01
to your reverse hex number of Pokemon.

As you can see, 19C in decimal form is 412. That's the amount of Pokemon in gen 1 - 3.

That's it. You should now see your Pokemon show up in Advance Map.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2020
PGE recognizes that you've changed the amount of Pokemon, but Advance Map has the static gen 1- 3 hardcoded in. To force Advance Map to recognize your Pokemon changes, you'll have to do a bit of hex editing.
I'm having this same issue, but with PGE. For some reason, my advance map recognizes gen 1-6, but my PGE only recognizes gen 1-3. I don't know how this happened exactly, but it makes it difficult to edit the game sometimes.

Back