• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 21, 2018
This hack has been abandoned for quite some time, LinkandZelda won't be seeing any of your messages.

Years
This must be like a dream come true for you... I'm so jealous X3 But seriously, it looks amazing. Excellent work!

Thanks, SpindaBoy!

I'll post one more here, and the rest will go in this Drive folder.

Encounter! Youngster
That's more like it.
I borrowed the chord notes and the drum line for the beginning from HGSS because they did that part so well.
I changed up the instruments, added more notes, and fixed the existing drum line.
I also added pans and, of course, rebalancing (not complete).

I also found out that all the issues I had with my headphones were because I didn't have the audio drivers installed on my PC. So now I don't have to have my volume at 12 and my music editor doesn't crash if they get unplugged! :D

This hack has been abandoned for quite some time, LinkandZelda won't be seeing any of your messages.

easyaspi314 used
Free Gift He Didn't Have to Give!
The opposing HeavyMecha's Oblivious
prevents appreciation!

If I truly cared if LaZ saw this, I'd be spamming PMs and VMs.
If he sees it, he sees it. If he doesn't, he doesn't. I'm not going to hunt him down and force him to see this.

And hacks have always been like this. They can be time-consuming. And there is no set dev team. It happens all the time, they go out for a few months or even more than a year and suddenly come back.

Stating that it is dead is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am mostly putting this here for others to enjoy. Instead of being so negative, have you tried listening to it? Hype is what caused ORAS.

Maybe this summer, I'll make my own IPS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 6, 2017
How did you implemented pokegear will you ever make tutorial for doing it
Do you have a discord server for your hack?

Years
How did you implemented pokegear will you ever make tutorial for doing it
Do you have a discord server for your hack?

For all we know, LaZ is currently dormant.

I just want to let you know that the Pokégear is only used for the map and for switching between the GBA and GBC music (GBP). And it shows the time. The Phone and Radio do nothing.

I wish the Phone would act like the Vs. Seeker so I can grind on something other than Level 15 Slowpoke and Zubat (f***ing Azalea town), but yeah.

So if you are expecting to find a way to put something like the Match Call system in FireRed, you won't be able to. If you really want it in your hack, use Emerald.

----------------------

Don't want to actually post any more things, so I'll add on.

I have an idea for a funny encounter conversation for a female Saturn admin (we need more Saturn girls lol):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
How the real time clock is implemented in this hack?
I tried in the GBA clone Revo k101 plus (which has RTC, works fine with emerald roms etc) but Liquid Crystal didn't detect it at all :(

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks, SpindaBoy!

Maybe this summer, I'll make my own IPS.

Hopefully we can see a revival of this hack if that's the case. There's so much that needs to be fixed in this hack.

1: That battle with axel being back to back with Silver in Azelea Town needs to be fixed.

2: the berry system needs a complete overhaul, especially with regards to the ev reducing berries and apricorns. Since fire red lacks berry trees and ev reducing berries didnt exist until emerald hopefully there'll be something to fix those mechanics in particular.

3: Since we have official sprites for the apricorn pokeballs due to HG/SS they can hopefully be implemented proper. I'd much rather buy timer balls directly from a shop then be forced to get only one or two a day from Kurt anyway.

4: Updated moves and abilities are a must, perhaps changing how some abilities work entirely in the process to make them usable within the hack such as allowing Run Away to enable one to not only escape wild battles easilly but to also allow a switch even if caught in Wrap/Bind/Fire Spin and Mean Look/Spider Web. Theres loads of other abilities that are so useless for battle that could do with an overhaul if at all possible.

Those are just my ideas, assuming you take over the hack in the future. I doubt that it'd be possible to do that let alone impliment my suggestions but hey, one can dream.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Is there a move relearner in this game?
Where is bulbasaur
Where do you get moonstones, which pokemon evolve with a moon stone, and where do you purchase other evolutionary stones?
How do you raise the happiness of a pokemon, and how do you find out how happy a pokemon is with you? I'm trying to get umbrion
The person in the underground tunnel that give your pokemon a haircut I think? is no longer there.

Years
Is there a move relearner in this game?

Yes, and it is pretty OP.

Once you go to the Ecruteak Pok?mon Center (which I assume you have already done), there is a cutscene with Bill.

Once that is over, any Pok?mon Center will let you go to the back left corner and there is a free machine. So all those Heart Scale moves are free.
lc move relearner.png
Where is bulbasaur
All locations are documented here.
Where do you get moonstones, which pokemon evolve with a moon stone, and where do you purchase other evolutionary stones?

There is one in Dark Cave (the cave off of Route 31). The normal Pok?mon still evolve by a Moon Stone, and Haunter evolves into Gengar that way as well.

There are some dudes around that sell you evolutionary stones. One is in Blackthorn, another is in the Lighthouse, and another is in Violet City. There are more, but I am only gonna give you that. They all have the same sprites.

How do you raise the happiness of a pokemon, and how do you find out how happy a pokemon is with you? I'm trying to get umbrion

The same way you always do.

FRLG has a subtle way of showing happiness. If you use an item when not in a battle aside from a TM, the closer the Pok?mon goes to you the more they like you. It isn't 100% accurate, though.

I can't remember where the Soothe Bell is though.

The person in the underground tunnel that give your pokemon a haircut I think? is no longer there.

Should be. Hmm.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
damn, I'm gonna have to start checking this thread more often

Hey Guys
Where's the Pokedex of this fabulous game?

https://pastebin.com/6h3vwkDx

for every Pokemon location. Ctrl+F + input the Pokemon you want to find it quickly

Im still waiting for post 4 & 6 gen evolutions in a next update

if you mean Pokemon from gen 4, 5, 6 and onward, I don't think there will be any. There was enough trouble cramming 3 gens reasonably in Kanto, Johto and the OI, the game can't handle any more gens, and if we added 4, we would have to add all of them

1: That battle with axel being back to back with Silver in Azelea Town needs to be fixed.

I've never had trouble with those battles though. Make sure you have at least 3 Pokemon around 20 lvl and catch many Pokemon so you can use a bit of strategy... I had an Ekans with Intimidate and an Onix wall and it worked pretty well

Last edited:
Years
if you mean Pokemon from gen 4, 5, 6 and onward, I don't think there will be any. There was enough trouble cramming 3 gens reasonably in Kanto, Johto and the OI, the game can't handle any more gens, and if we added 4, we would have to add all of them

Hmm. I think that post gen evos could work, even if we don't have the rest of the gens.

That and the upgraded battle engine would be a good improvement.

i've never had trouble with those battles though. Make sure you have at least 3 Pokemon around 20 lvl and catch many Pokemon so you can use a bit of strategy... I had an Ekans with Intimidate and an Onix wall and it worked pretty well

My team is almost always at level 16-18, and what are you going to grind on? Zubat and Slowpoke are your best options, as everything else is just too weak.

And the fight is really hax oriented unless you overlevel and/or force yourself to use certain types.

Taking out Quagsire practically requires a Grass move or he will wall out your team and heal to full with Lefties.

The only Pok?mon that have Grass are Bayleef and Bellsprout. The first one is a starter, and you're out of luck if you were smart and didn't pick it. The second one is frail, and has trouble outspeeding Quagsire. Now, if you can get a Grass type move, such as Bellsprout's Vine Whip, you can 2HKO it. But if Quagsire uses Ice Punch, which he isn't guaranteed to do, you're screwed. If you don't, good. But that isn't likely. If you don't have a Grass-type, your best bet is to just wall it with a Water-type. But you don't have Leftovers.

Electabuzz has Static, which paralyzes your team if you use a contact move. The solution may be to use a non-contact move, but most non-contact moves are special and guess what? Electabuzz has Light Screen. Also, there aren't any physical Ground-type moves that I know of at this point in the game, and all Pok?mon at this point with Ground are physical attackers using special moves. Paralysis really hurts, and lets Electabuzz set up. A Grass-type can resist, but your Grass type is likely weakened already.

Oh, and he also has Leftovers.

Growlithe is a joke. Water Gun, gg.

Bagon has no weaknesses at this point in the game and hits hard with a 120 power Normal-type move with no drawbacks because of Rock Head. Without a resistance, there are going to be a few lives taken here. 7

Basically, I don't want to raise a Grass-type (unless it is a Treecko) or a Rock/Ground type just for this battle, because I rarely have a case to use them. Grass and Rock/Ground have way too many weaknesses for my taste. I usually use a Flying, Water, Fire, and I get good coverage by that alone.

Oh, and forget about grinding Grass. Zubat, the most common encounter, is a pain for Grass-types, and Bellsprout can't touch it (Vine Whip is quad resisted, and Wrap is weak. It is also immune to PoisonPowder).

Lastly, if you are in a Nuzlocke, this is much worse than Clair and Whitney. Especially because grinding is a chore.

Years
Hey, umm. I saw LaZ updated the OP like 4 days ago. Does it mean something?

Yes.

It means LaZ updated the OP like 4 days ago. ??

I don't see any obvious changes, and there's no new build at the moment, but LaZ is available on IRC and romhack.me. Here is a Link to the Link's IRC.

BTW, your profile pic is
tmp_25849-magnificent-1240831136.png
(Yes, i made that myself)

Last edited:

Sedkeon

Pokemon trainer
Years
Hello!!
Please read my comment LinkandZelda!
OMG you guys are so good! I loved this experience so much!
You can make this ROM hack top 1 hack ever!
I'm playing it on my phone, it's so light and doesn't require internet and shit.
I got to island 3 and I was supposed to go into the science complex but there was only water... So I guess that's the end of the ROM for now..
May I suggest some things please?
1- when I was playing I felt that the graphics where from Pokemon Emerald which is my favorite Pokemon game. Pokemon emerald hack doesn't work on my phone... I don't know why, but Liquid Crystal work perfectly for me, so please keep programming on Pokemon red fire pleaseeee!

2- I wish you had all the new Pokemons and you add some quests to the legendaries. My best Pokemon is Sylveon, I wish I could play it on you Hack. But I'm not gonna throw a suggestion like this on you and not offer to help. My programming is very basic but I think if you show me how to do it, I can program most of the new pokemons, like adding descriptions, their normal and shiny forms ( cause some people only catch shiny pokemons, like me, so I use shiny cheat sometimes ). I think I can help you adding their stats too.
3- i suggest that you invite more people in helping you.. I read that u are busy in work... But you can let some other people help you and make this beta become complete perfect ROM.
4- there was an NPC who said that "I tried to make my Charizard evolve to mega Charizard" I think that is actually a teaser that you gonna add the new generations and mega evolution?

5- The female character. I think you can make her look much better <3

I finally wanna say that you guys are awesome and I hope I didn't ask or expect too much you. You must be busy in real life (this make my heart cry when I say this). For now on I will only look for completed roms cause my heart broke when this one stoped at science complex xD I was planning to search for the legendaries and find their stories and puzzles (I love your puzzles btw)

If you come to France I will be your tour guide, I don't know u but I love you!

Can you name of the Elites "Sed"? That would be me! He will have 6 pokemons lvl 100 with different types (fire, water, grass, dragon, dark) all his pokemons have high effort points and if you add the new generation replace dark with fairy and the fairy type will be Sylveon and it gonna be the strongest Pokemon of my team (don't judge apparence).
I will always check for an answer thx!

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
Love this game, First playthrough has been rad so far, and I did get the pokedex for 3.3.447 but was wondering
1. Are there any pokemon I can't get?
2. Are there any pokemon I should keep an eye out for?/What are the harder pokemon to get?
3. I'm playing on a raspberry pi 3 running retropie via mGBA, and can't get the RTC working, any advice on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Years
Love this game, First playthrough has been rad so far, and I did get the pokedex for 3.3.447 but was wondering
1. Are there any pokemon I can't get?

I think the Torchic line (or it may be Treecko) and Deoxys.

2. Are there any pokemon I should keep an eye out for?/What are the harder pokemon to get?
Find it yourself:
Spoiler:
Locations given:
Spoiler:
3. I'm playing on a raspberry pi 3 running retropie via mGBA, and can't get the RTC working, any advice on how to fix this?
I don't know. :(

The_Zeikku

Don't step into the grass! Wild Pokémon live in th
Years
I know, right? Plus, the wilds outside Union are underleveled, Union Cave just seems to not spawn anything after the lost item event, and grinding Zubat and Slowpoke is annoying.

I would've rather had that battle in place of when Zane taunts you outside of Union Cave (obviously, adjusted in difficulty).

Or had a double battle with Silver. That would've been pretty cool.

Edit: Did you try listening to my remixes (top of this page)? I want to know what you truly think.

I will listen to those remixes.

The idea for the Axel and Silver battle was that the lack of healing between the battle would add a sense of difficulty - Azelea Town has always been an easy section of the game, with the well, gym and Silver battle giving out relatively easy EXP. One more battle doesn't change things too much and if Axel knocks you (the player) out, you won't have to beat Silver again anyway, right? In addition to this, Zane is already in Azelea's gym as a seperate challenge. The back-to back battle isn't actually that hard, but we may split those battles a little better in future. Ideally I'd like to incorporate hard trainers in a way that specifically try to make nuzlockes harder ;).

I wouldn't say the wilds in that part are under- levelled but more that there are more trainers that reward EXP which in turn makes your party Pok?mon higher than the surrounding ones. This is known and even some wild Pok?mon locations will be tweaked.

I've spoken to Linkandzelda recently and we're still commited to completing the project. As young adults, we have a lot of real-life commitments and will post updates in future :). However, on the end of my discussion with him, I decided to be post a let's play/ development diary on my new YouTube channel soon, so if you subscribe, you'll be able to see the latest Liquid Crystal videos and discussions. This is a way for people to directly ask questions and post suggestions, and to also show that we still love this project even if updates are hard to follow up on at this moment in time. Videos will go live by Saturday. I'll try to post them in the thread as they are uploaded :).

Years
I will listen to those remixes.

The idea for the Axel and Silver battle was that the lack of healing between the battle would add a sense of difficulty - Azelea Town has always been an easy section of the game, with the well, gym and Silver battle giving out relatively easy EXP. One more battle doesn't change things too much and if Axel knocks you (the player) out, you won't have to beat Silver again anyway, right? In addition to this, Zane is already in Azelea's gym as a seperate challenge. The back-to back battle isn't actually that hard, but we may split those battles a little better in future. Ideally I'd like to incorporate hard trainers in a way that specifically try to make nuzlockes harder ;).

I wouldn't say the wilds in that part are under- levelled but more that there are more trainers that reward EXP which in turn makes your party Pok?mon higher than the surrounding ones. This is known and even some wild Pok?mon locations will be tweaked.

I've spoken to Linkandzelda recently and we're still commited to completing the project. As young adults, we have a lot of real-life commitments and will post updates in future :). However, on the end of my discussion with him, I decided to be post a let's play/ development diary on my new YouTube channel soon, so if you subscribe, you'll be able to see the latest Liquid Crystal videos and discussions. This is a way for people to directly ask questions and post suggestions, and to also show that we still love this project even if updates are hard to follow up on at this moment in time. Videos will go live by Saturday. I'll try to post them in the thread as they are uploaded :).

You legitimately fooled me for a moment, Zeikku imposter. :|

Back