• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
This was my reaction to that video:
Spoiler:

That was awesome. And cool song in general. That opening guitar riff was flip-the-coffee-table awesome. Everyone should hear that.

BTW, you said they made songs about animes. What else have they done songs for?

Apparently this is one is based on Gurren Lagann (I wouldn't know, I never watched it)

Hm... speaking of music, what's your favorite piece of music from FMA?

Years
Holy ♥♥♥♥, I would, but... I can only do the vocals; I can't do the arrangement yet. Need new sheets. The only full song I can play is the Teen Titans theme. I'll get back to you for the Brotherhood songs. Summer is winding down and I have less practice time as I spend these last two weeks ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the return of school.

Years
The "Brothers" track from FMA is definitely my favorite. The Russian version especially gives me chills but Vic's English version is another heart-wrenching piece that is just magnificent to listen to. It really is a masterpiece imho.

Years
So I've been wanting to rewatch Brotherhood for the third time lately. It's something I just can't ever get tired of. ; A; How many times have you guys read through/watched the series, be it Brotherhood or the original?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was humming the soundtrack in my head at work today. xD

I'd love to rewatch it. I've seen it at least 3 times. I miss it.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
After finding a way to get the content that the American Netflix has (which should be about 8 times as much as the Danish one), I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it had all of Brotherhood, so currently in the process of watching it for the third time.

Also, I really like how they basically reveal that the government are the evil ones through the freezing alchemist in the episode, but cover it up by making him such an insane and immoral character. Blade mentioned it when we watched it last time, but I didn't really get it because it had been waaay too long since I watched through it the first time.

Oh, and regarding the music. It's a tough call between Again and Hologram, but I've found myself listening to the latter the most, so I'd probably have to say Hologram. The band has also made a bunch of other great pieces, so yeah :D

Years
So I've been wanting to rewatch Brotherhood for the third time lately. It's something I just can't ever get tired of. ; A; How many times have you guys read through/watched the series, be it Brotherhood or the original?

I never finished the original; it got too uninteresting for me about halfway through. Brotherhood, I never totally re-watched the series, but I do occasionally flip back to certain episodes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I re-enabled my netflix account, and saw that both the original and the Brotherhood series is still there. I'll be sure to rewatch the original again because why not? the first few episodes are really what got me hooked. <3

Aisu, I think if you rewatch a few episodes before the one you stopped watching at, you might be able to get back to it again. I was also going to say "skip it" but confusion may ensue. haha.

Years
I never finished the original; it got too uninteresting for me about halfway through. Brotherhood, I never totally re-watched the series, but I do occasionally flip back to certain episodes.

im late ugh but

You found the original uninteresting? I admit I wasn't insanely into it back then but all the eps I saw were awesome. Brotherhood did improve the pacing immensely, though.. and we got to see different lands outside just Ed and Al's hometown + Central. Yay Wall of Briggs!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
Favourite characters: Roy, Lin, Ed, Izumi.

How many times have you watched Brotherhood?

Like... once. Not even done with it yet, I've got like three more episodes to go. ;v;

We all have characters we dislike, be it a little or a lot - who is your least favorite character in FMA and why?

Envy or 'Father'. Hated both of them and it didn't help they were two of the antagonists of the series. The plot twist with Envy at the end was kinda interesting but didn't change my opinion on him. Envy was just annoyingly cocky and all sorts of things that I won't mention while 'Father' was unlikable in general. Though now that I think about it, I hated most of the Homunculi with the exception of Greed and Gluttony.

And now that I think about it, Kimblee was a jerk as well. Like wow. :(

/throws more answers into post

Spoiler:

As for my favourite opening, it'd definitely be Hologram. Hands down. There's something that I love more about it than any of the other openings. They're all great though. :)

And now that I'm done, I think I'll go watch the last three episodes even though it's getting kinda late. Everything's worth for FMA. :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: Aslan
Favourite characters: Roy, Lin, Ed, Izumi.

How many times have you watched Brotherhood?

Like... once. Not even done with it yet, I've got like three more episodes to go. ;v;
Welcome to the club...! :D I'm quite fond of your signature and its quote, too. What were your thoughts on the final few episodes?

I'm quite like you in that I knew about the anime for the longest time, but only really sat down with it & marathoned it late at night before a final exam... And then made this club and had several signatures because I was that obsessed with FMA. It's definitely a series one can enjoy on your second, third, even thirtieth watch.

I have to ask if you watched the first episode again after completing the series. Dunno, it's something I do with ever great anime. I try to spot any foreshadowing.. or just realize how far the main characters have developed.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Yeah I loved the final episodes! I had one of those 'DEM FEELS' moments when the credits started rolling, haha. As for the final episodes themselves, highlights would definitely be the final battle, Dr Marcoh fixing up Roy/Jean (I wanna say his name is Jean but I might be thinking of AoT here? I'm talking about the guy who was paralyzed after the Lust fight early on though.) and of course the god that was Ed's marriage proposal. I also had a asdfkgl; sort of moment when I heard Hologram being used in the ending credits. I was so happy at FMA for doing that. <3 The pictures used at the end were really cute as well.

And heh, I knooow. I was in the middle of studying for an English exam when suddenly my friend IMs me about FMA: Brotherhood. Then I get a VM about it so I was like 'why not?' I ended up studying for my exam, did it, then dragged my friend out who has literally the first episode of everything on their phone and we decided to take a look together. You should of seen her face when I told her I'd never watched FMA or anything remotely close. XD

Can't say I have. I usually only rewatch episodes/series if I didn't get it the first time around (see blindly watching into FLCL without reading the description). Maybe I'll try rewatch the first episode sometime though. :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
You should definitely watch the first episode sometime! I usually don't feel like most anime pull this kind of thing, where they reveal something you otherwise wouldn't know until the end of the series, but in such a subtle way that it isn't something you'll catch the first time. But FMA did that in the first episode, and I found it to be really cool when watching it for the second time.

Also yeah, his name is Jean, but he's more commonly referred to as Havoc. To be honest, the fact that they made Roy blind really took me by surprise. For someone who had such high ambitions and who I'd honestly been rooting for to become Führer sometime, it was a bit disheartening to see his chances getting diminished in such a way, but it certainly didn't bring his hopes down. Can't say I was ever really too concerned about Havoc's condition, since we honestly didn't see an awful lot of him in Brotherhood, but I believe his role was marginally larger in the 2003 series. I really can't remember though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: Sonata
Favorite character(s): Envy, Father, Roy
Answer a topic: If I was a state alchemist I would want my name to be The Iron Maiden. I'd use alchemy to make armor and then also make iron maidens around the enemies.

I hope you all like feels, I've got a nice little video for you.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=551817654919986

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome Sonata! Funnily enough, one of my classmates started singing "do you wanna build a human?" at the mention of Frozen earlier today. They're pretty into FMA as well!

Anyway I went ahead and skimmed through parts of the first episode but I got a lot more than I did the first time I watched the series. Also looked at parts of some other earlier episodes. And here I was originally thinking that Lust/freezing alchemist guy was gonna be the main antagonist. so much for that idea

I had the same reaction. I was like "what nooo he's supposed to be fuhrer fma stahp". Admittedly Havoc didn't play much of a role at all but I still couldn't help feeling sorry for him.

And to get into the Christmas spirit, I decided to change up my Ed theme to something more wintery. I'm honestly tempted to rewatch FMA over the Christmas break now. :'D ... even though its only been 2 months since I've properly finished it

Years
Ah god I'm so sorry. I've had a huge falling out with some of the clubs I'm in, it seems, since I tackle so many other things here as well. Please forgive me lovelies. Members list should finally be updated. Welcome Sophie and Sonata!!

And rewatching FMA never gets old. I've seen Brotherhood 3 or 4 times over now and each time get so excited to go through it all, heh. The story and characters alike are too captivating to get bored.. ever. :)

Back