• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mushrooms absolutely do not go on pizzas

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I love mushrooms so they can go on my pizzas. Gimme. =)

Fine with most vegs, meat, olives as well. Indifferent to pineapple - if it is on say a Hawaiian pizza I'll eat it, but it is not a topping I would choose. Not really had any sort of fish on my pizzas.

Reactions: Kai
Years
Mushrooms don't go on my pizza, but I can't stand mushrooms in general sooo. They make me want to gag. :(

Pepperoni is my one true topping for pizzas. Sausage is a close second. I would probably eat most meats, including fish and seafood. For veggies, I can't even say I dislike them because I'll eat things like artichokes, tomatoes, spinach, and garlic (yes, cloves of garlic) on pizza - I just hate things like onions, bell peppers, olives, and the aforementioned mushrooms.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
On the contrary, my favorite pizza topping combos always include mushrooms. :>

I'm pretty open with other toppings, I switch it up a lot, but unless it's loaded with only tons of pepperoni, the mushrooms are always there.

Years
Pepperoni, ham, chicken, bacon, beef... all the meats really, pineapple and most vegetables are fine. Keep mushrooms, olives and seafood off of my pizza.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
what shouldnt go on pizza: pine apples because i dont like pine apples and they look nasty with their yellow color and there very slimy sometimes. no pine apple

what should go on pizza: pepperoni and lots of it because i love to eat meat lol i guess im just a guy isnt that right guys ?? xD

Years
i like hawaiian pizza ):
most toppings are good! mushrooms, broccoli, olives, i'll take almost anything unless it's seafood haha

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Mushrooms are the best! It's the only topping that consistently goes on my pizza. I've been experimenting for six years (working at a pizza place), so I'll share my findings:

1. The only seafood that should go on pizza is tuna. I saw someone mention it up above, and I absolutely agree. Chuck some mixed herbs, basil leaves and fresh tomatoes, and you've got a wicked pizza.
  2. The only fruit that should go on a pizza is fresh tomato. PIZZA IS MEANT TO BE SAVOURY, SO WHY WOULD YOU PUT PINEAPPLE ON IT?! That said, pineapple on a BBQ Chicken is alright because it breaks up the tanginess of the BBQ sauce; this is probably the only case where I won't judge you for it.
  3. At some point in your life, you should try Yiros pizza. It's actually really good.
  4. Either put chilli on your pizza, or don't. I hate it when people tell me "just enough so I can taste it"; what's the point of that?!
In case no one can tell, I'm not serious. You can have whatever you want on your pizza.

For me, personally, I don't like my pizza having 'crunchy' toppings, so my ideal pizza looks something like:
  • Tomato sauce base with a little bit of sweet chilli mixed into it.
  • Less-than-usual amount of cheese, lots of mushrooms, and finely chopped capsicum (peppers) and onions. If I don't have time to chop up the capsicum and onion, I'd prefer to not put them on at all. They just ruin the texture of the pizza for me.
  • Herbs, garlic, chilli flakes and a little bit of jalapenos. I know, having both chilli flakes and jalapenos is weird, but I like it because you get both the spiciness of the chilli and the taste of jalapenos on the pizza.
  • Fresh tomatoes to break up the spiciness of the pizza! Diced or sliced, it's all good. The former loses a lot of the tomato flavour, but the latter makes the pizza somewhat soggy, which leads to my last point.
  • Crispy base. This helps to counteract all the other elements of the pizza which might make it soggy, and also I love crunching on the crust. It's just a satisfying feeling.

Years
Who doesn't like pizza? It is too varied not to like unless you can't eat bread.

When I ate meat I liked Elizabeth's stuffed pizza overflowing with with mozerella, pepperoni, steak, Italian sausage, bacon and tomato sauce. Now that I have phased that kinda stuff out of my diet, I stumbled upon a surprisingly delicious frozen pizza at Lidl with gorganzo cheese I think and fig, so fruit can work on a pizza. There is a certain Trader Joe's French pizza with truffle mushrooms that is rich too. Usually a pizza with hints of eggplant is also flavorful.

Whatever you put on your pizza though, the real key is the crust. I prefer em big when possible. That is really what made the Elizabeth's pizza. The top had crust on it too, bread from top to bottom like two slices of pizza pressed together and all of the cheese and goodies spilling out from the sides. Gimme that dough, there's never too much crust. I love a deep dish or a Sicilian, and when you find a crust stuffed with cheese *mouthwaters* Oooo boy!

Years
I love pizza, but it makes me super sick. I'm very, very lactose intolerant. :dansad:
My favorite pizza toppings are onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and spinach.

I'm not a fan of mushrooms, or generally pineapples.

However, I've had a pizza with barbecue sauce, bacon, cheese, and pineapple..surprisingly delicious tbh.

Back