• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Dragon Type?

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
Years
Hey trainers! I would like to know, what is YOUR opinion on the best dragon type?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah, I moved this into Pokemon Polls because it's not X/Y specific and would fit nicely in there.

Moved.

Best Dragon type is Zekrom. because I said so

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
Years
Ok, so I'm looking for Pokemon in the dragon type to add to my team. Can't decide between Altaria, Salamence or Hydreigon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
You can't beat the original dragon type... Dragonite all the way!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There's a lot, but one that's standing out in my mind right now is Garchomp.

Garchomp has a very intimidating design overall, which, I feel, is very suitable for a Pokémon like this one. If I were to meet a big dragon in real life, I'd likely keep myself away for a while until we're more familiar with each other and whatnot, as they could likely be dangerous, in some way, and having a cute or approachable look probably would not help in that regard. Really fond of what they did here, all-in-all.

In terms of battling, it could generally be quite an assist. Its Attack is pretty high, and so is its Speed. To top it all off, it's got access to some decent moves as well, such as Swords Dance, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and so forth, and with those, it becomes a lot easy when utilizing. Have used it plenty of times before, personally, and it's always been able to live up to expectations.

Due to similar reasons as above, I'm also pretty fond of Haxorus; it's got fierce look, and also some decent battling skills. Few others would be Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Flygon.

Years
If we're talking usability, Garchomp. Even today the thing is still ridiculously powerful and has moves that allow it to hit hard and fast, and it has Swords Dance with two very good STABs.

Dragonite is probably second though, with Multiscale and Dragon Dance - i've seen plenty of ways people use that one.

Back