• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
So this old guy's Pikachu in Maroon City has no name when I trade my Roselia and the mail mentioned Baulder. Weird.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Really nice hack dood, really like that repels give you the option to use it again or not like in black 2 and white 2.
I only have one problem though, my Luxio didn't evolve when it reached lvl 30, sooo is this a problem or am I just doing something wrong or is something wrong with the rom I am using. I know this is still in beta phase so im just tryin to share this "bug".... yeah xD.

PS: English is not my first language so sorry if I have mistakes in this reply.

EDIT:
So I found out that luxio was originally gloom, how I knew this because I checked luxio's pokedex no. and it matched with gloom, since gloom evolves with a leaf stone I had to cheat in a leaf stone just to check it out, then used it on luxio and it evolved into luxray so yeah.. i figured it out. You have to fix this bro. Still a awesome hack though :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I want to check the base stats and typings of all the Fakemon so I know what is worth catching and how strong they will be when they evolve, but YAPE doesn't work with this patched ROM. Please can you add a document of all the Fakemon (with typings evolutions, base stats and abilities) in future downloads please?
I second this. Pinecrab is just a physically defensive behemoth that can attack from both the physical and special ends, and I'm really curious about its stats particularly.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Sorry for the long absence, I haven't been hacking much lately but I'm still working on cyan! :) I don't have much to show today, except for a little preview of another big event involving team rocket:

J59r6OQ.png
Nice screenshot, chrunch, but I want to see more! How is progress going these days?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 26, 2016
So I was browsing some fakemons at DeviantArt and come across of Larfuse line and probably Ruffski. The resemblance is not that far.

I like your tiles. Kinda refreshing by looking at it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I've found few bug:

• Kelprawn hasn't is own avatar in box and party, he looks like Venonat
  • Sealob hasn't is own avatar in box and party, he looks like Venomoth
  • Ruffski hasn't is own avatar in box and party, he looks like Tangela
  • There are two different Beautifly in the game: one is number 16 on the dex, while other's number is ??? (I evolved the second one from a wild Silcoon..)
  • The Pikachu obtained from the in-game trade in Maroon city hasn't a name (he's named /Pikachu)

I also think that adding a wild pokémon list (including those you can obtain from the egg shop) and an evolution list would be really useful.

I love the design of the fakemon, by the way. They're really well done ;)
I'm aware of the missing icons, they will be fixed in the future. Just fixed the Beautifly problem, thanks for that. :)

If I get the time to, I'll make sure to include a list in beta 3. Most of the Pokemon have the same evolution methods as the main games however, and almost all fakemon evolve by level.
You spelled Ruffski wrong, and yeah its Venonat and Tangela's box/party sprite all right...

Anyway i found a few bugs:

- Purrloin line, Cubchoo line (i'm not sure about beartic, i haven't checked it yet) dosen't have their own cries
- Fumystic line dosen't have their box/party sprite [Fumystic's box/party sprite - Larvesta | Fumeseous' box/party sprite - Volcarona]
- Tirtouga's box/party sprite dosen't have an animation in the party menu (if you don't choose Tirtouga)
Fumystic/Fumeseous aren't obtainable yet, so no there aren't icons for them. Not sure that you mean by the Tirtouga one, If you don't choose it you shouldn't have it...
Really nice hack dood, really like that repels give you the option to use it again or not like in black 2 and white 2.
I only have one problem though, my Luxio didn't evolve when it reached lvl 30, sooo is this a problem or am I just doing something wrong or is something wrong with the rom I am using. I know this is still in beta phase so im just tryin to share this "bug".... yeah xD.

PS: English is not my first language so sorry if I have mistakes in this reply.

EDIT:
So I found out that luxio was originally gloom, how I knew this because I checked luxio's pokedex no. and it matched with gloom, since gloom evolves with a leaf stone I had to cheat in a leaf stone just to check it out, then used it on luxio and it evolved into luxray so yeah.. i figured it out. You have to fix this bro. Still a awesome hack though :)
Sorry about that, looks like it's something that I overlooked. Fixed for next beta. :)
So I was browsing some fakemons at DeviantArt and come across of Larfuse line and probably Ruffski. The resemblance is not that far.

I like your tiles. Kinda refreshing by looking at it.
I do remember there was someone who had permission to make some artwork of Larfuse, Ruffski on the other hand wasn't made for cyan, I just got permission to use it.
I second this. Pinecrab is just a physically defensive behemoth that can attack from both the physical and special ends, and I'm really curious about its stats particularly.
Pinecrab's stats are as follows:
HP: 80
Attack: 95
Def: 115
Sp. Attack: 75
Sp. Defense: 70
Speed: 50

It is possible I might end up slightly modifying some base stats for fakemon in the future though, right now some of them are a bit overpowered. ;)
Nice screenshot, chrunch, but I want to see more! How is progress going these days?
Thanks! I'm still working on it, at a much slower pace though. Not as much time combined with a lack of motivation.

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
Years
Fumystic/Fumeseous aren't obtainable yet, so no there aren't icons for them. Not sure that you mean by the Tirtouga one, If you don't choose it you shouldn't have it...

What I mean is this.
PokemonCyanBeta2TirtougaNoAnimationParty_zps03f561a9.gif

Also Tirtouga and I think Archen don't have their own cries.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Is there a zip file for this? Looks amazing. But my app only reads zip files, not rars :(

You need to patch the rar file to a clean Firered rom before you can play it.

Im a fan of your hack :)
Hope you can finish it and release beta 3 soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • US
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
This hack sounds super sick, I may just have to download it and give it a try. If I like it, I may do a let's play on it :D

Years
how can i use this? it is ips, i am trying to use it on a emulator of gba. and they only read .gba files so is there a .gba version of this that i can play?

Last edited:

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years
how can i use this? it is ips, i am trying to use it on a emulator of gba. and they only read .gba files so is there a .gba version of this that i can play?

{D:}:|o_OI'm assuming this is your first time playing a hack?

Go to this link and dowload Lunar ips:http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/

Lunar ips takes .ips files and patches them to a BRAND NEW (and in this case because it is a FireRed hack, a FireRed) Rom. I will not give you the link to that as that is not allowed on PC. But once you download Lunar IPS, the Cyan patch, and the FireRed Rom, you can then patch the file to the Rom and play on Visualboy, VBA4iOS, No$Gba, etc.

Hope this helped. ^^^^

Years
no this isn't my first. i have many hacks on my computer that work fine on my emulators. i am using an imac and emulators like desume and vga. i also have openemu.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
no this isn't my first. i have many hacks on my computer that work fine on my emulators. i am using an imac and emulators like desume and vga. i also have openemu.

I'm thinking that person has inferred that you have not patched a hack before? Upon reading your statement, it seems as though you have downloaded pre-patched games. If I'm making a wrong assumption, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. But if you need a quick tutorial on patching for .ips, then that post should do it.

GTV

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
i haven't been this excited since I got a 3DS. keep it up yo. I wanna join team rocket and also the fairy pkmn u got down pretty good, I just hope spitezz is coming

And on a positive feedback, the FANMON not fakemon blew me away, Twejay is an awesome beginner class catch.

ive gotten 4 badges. now i shall wait fer the next update

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
Definitely is looking like a solid hack. Might just wait for beta 3 to play it though. Good luck.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Definitely is looking like a solid hack. Might just wait for beta 3 to play it though. Good luck.
If I may suggest it, why not go ahead and play through it now? Solid? The game is already awesome and takes a decent chunk of time to finish, despite there only being 4 gyms. The Fakemon are beautifully designed overall and, equally as important, balanced (maybe even a little too balanced :P). Add in the exceptional graphics, and I say this will be a top-notch hack when completed, if not already. Chrunch has done great with it so far. You can pick up where you left off when Beta 3 is released, so go ahead, play it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back