• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I have a person event problem. I created an incredibly complex maze of breakable rocks and boulders. When I tested it, not all of them loaded. I'm guessing it's because of too many events in one space? How can I get them all to load?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I have a person event problem. I created an incredibly complex maze of breakable rocks and boulders. When I tested it, not all of them loaded. I'm guessing it's because of too many events in one space? How can I get them all to load?
To the best of my knowledge, you can't -- if there are more than 16. I'm fairly certain that there's a hard limit of 16 OWs on-screen (on-map?), including the player-character.

If you're using FireRed with JPAN's hack, then some very complex tile scripts (where the rocks are tiles instead of Person events) could help, but I'm not sure if that would work. Even if it did, the boulders would still need to be Person events.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I'm very new to pokemon ROM development, but not new to game development. I need help with something simple (at least it seems that way).

I'm having trouble finding a way to get Advance-Text and my Emerald ROM to show all of the speeches from all NPCs (computer people) in the game.

It used to say that I had no INI file and I had to make a new blank one. I was not about to do that so I researched and found a thread here at pokecommunity from sandchair or whatever and he posted an INI file for Advance-Text Emerald speeches, but not all of them, and some still in gibberish / encrypted code.

His INI file is really annoying and not 100% finished, and I'm working on a pokemon game of mine... I can't really edit all of the needed speeches properly...

So much would be appreciated if I could get an INI file that contains all of the speeches or some other way to get all of the speeches and edit them. Whatever way it has to be done, I will go do it. Just give me the help, please :)

EDIT: And I also would like to know if the Emerald Title screen is editable, and if the intro scene with Birch is editable (changing the example pokemon from Lotad to something else)?

Last edited:
Years
Could someone explain how to script a battle where someone walks up to you and says something then a battle happens(like when you battle gary half of the time). I don't know how to combine trainerbattle and applymovement.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I'm very new to pokemon ROM development, but not new to game development. I need help with something simple (at least it seems that way).

I'm having trouble finding a way to get Advance-Text and my Emerald ROM to show all of the speeches from all NPCs (computer people) in the game.

It used to say that I had no INI file and I had to make a new blank one. I was not about to do that so I researched and found a thread here at pokecommunity from sandchair or whatever and he posted an INI file for Advance-Text Emerald speeches, but not all of them, and some still in gibberish / encrypted code.

His INI file is really annoying and not 100% finished, and I'm working on a pokemon game of mine... I can't really edit all of the needed speeches properly...

So much would be appreciated if I could get an INI file that contains all of the speeches or some other way to get all of the speeches and edit them. Whatever way it has to be done, I will go do it. Just give me the help, please :)

EDIT: And I also would like to know if the Emerald Title screen is editable, and if the intro scene with Birch is editable (changing the example pokemon from Lotad to something else)?
You can search for text. So find the text you want to replace in the game, then search for it in the program. There is no complete INI file.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Yeah, Apart from how to change the boxes on PCs

How do you add offsets to headers, specifically the one that allows NSE to read them in the same table as the other OWs.

It's kinda annoying when I get repeatedly ignored >.<

Anyway, I downloaded Sappy but when I try and run it, I get a runtime error 339. It says Component 'vbalCbEx.ocx' is not registered; a file missing or invalid. What's going on? How do I fix it?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

Anyway, I downloaded Sappy but when I try and run it, I get a runtime error 339. It says Component 'vbalCbEx.ocx' is not registered; a file missing or invalid. What's going on? How do I fix it?
What is going on is that the "Component 'vbalCbEx.ocx' is not registered"

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years

Look, I'm sorry if you got ignored, but apparently no one has an answer to your question. Reformulate it, and explain it better, maybe people will be able to help you then.

I do however have an answer to your sappy question. You probably downloaded this sappy? That sappy only works if you have a previous version of sappy installed, because it misses all the runtime files. So, to get this version to work, first install this version (version 12) from WaHack. Then download the first version I mentioned (version 15), and run that one each time you want to use sappy. You now have a working sappy for Windows 7 and Vista :D

What is going on is that the "Component 'vbalCbEx.ocx' is not registered"

You. Should keep quite if you have nothing useful to say.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
It's working now :) Thankyou Lyzo!

Do you know how I can extract .mid's from a .gb or .gbc file?

Fortunado

Prof. Hemlock is busy now...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
How do you set a step-count limit, such as the one in the Safari Zone?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
How can I change the pallete of the bag and the trainer card trainer, without it messing up?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Save it directly from IrfanView as a PNG, after decreasing the color depth to 16 colors. Do not select a transparent color.

That much works, but some problem occurs when I paste the original sprite over the post-IrfanView sprite in MS Paint that makes it go from 16 colors to 32. I even tried making the original sprite 16 colors thru IrfanView and that didn't work either. Hmm...

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Yeah. I decreased to 16 colors in IrfanView, did the pallete thing where you switch black with the background color, saved, opened in Paint, pasted original sprite over it. Comes out to 32 colors for some reason.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
So decrease the original sprite to 16, copy it, edit the pallete by switching background with black and black with background, save, open post-pallete in Paint, then paste the pre-pallete over it? I think I did that but no luck so far, unLZ keeps saying it's not Indexed.

michaeltheiii

Need help learning Hex Editing
Years
Quick unlz-GBA Question

I'm using unlz-GBA. I understand how to find free space and tell it where it should use it at, what I don't understand is when most people do it, it shows a screen saying Success or something like that. Mine doesn't do that, and therefore doesn't save. Help?

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
Hello everyone. I'm having a frustrating problem with the warps in Advance Map. I'm editing a Fire Red ROM. My problem is when I try to go through the warp the screen goes black and there is no music (the game appears to have frozen/crashed). I'm %100 positive the warp events between the two maps match up (by clicking goto on both maps). I've tried matching the tile sets of the maps exactly but the problem is still occurring. I asked this question a while back and no one knew what was wrong. Well if anyone has any suggestions on what I can try to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
OMG!
I get this error when starting a program! I can see that it says something but I can't read it help!
COMDLG32.OCS-Portable-App-Err.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back