• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I am very close to a demo for the Kit. All I need is storage, daycare, and menu options.
---------------------------------
Update:
  • You can now turn off the 4 move limit for actors(you, its the term used in the Ace database). This is for people who did not like the traditional system and prefer a selection system

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
there is a storage facility out there but its for items and money only so i guess u'll need a storage for pokemon aswell

looking at your scripts for party leader i couldnt see a way to choose gender or anything are you looking into a fix for this?

Crystal Noel

Years
there is a storage facility out there but its for items and money only so i guess u'll need a storage for pokemon aswell

looking at your scripts for party leader i couldnt see a way to choose gender or anything are you looking into a fix for this?
Gender selection works fine. Just change the graphic of the actor it uses. I just use male as default for the sake of screenshots.
I am planning on just writing a storage script. I already have Item Storage. I don't know if I have a bank script though. I isn't that big though since banks only exist in Mystery Dungeon.

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
  • Maps are now connected by a sliding transition by walking off of the map.
  • Events now have a line of sight that once they see you they are triggered. Perfect for trainers and people to who halt you from advancing.
  • Daycare. Can desposit Pokemon, level them up, teach them new skills and the game will actually promt you to delete them :). Pokemon can also breed and eggs can be given out through events.
  • I found a screenshot taker that actually works!!! :)
  • Working on a nice Gen III tileset. It is derived from the Essentials one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Yes, this is getting better and better! You have more and more scripts that Essentials has! I can't wait for this to come out!

Crystal Noel

Years
Yes, this is getting better and better! You have more and more scripts that Essentials has! I can't wait for this to come out!
This designed so that you have a lot for control over stuff that Essentials hardcoded in. You can also use third Party scripts.(Some may be incompatible because of the scripts used) I even added the ability to have an ATB bar to the HUD for battles allowing you to use Victor's ATB script(Victor's has the best compatiblity with Animated Battle the script that animates the Pokemon).
Other non-Pokemon scripts that could be used if desired are:

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
Wow man! I can't wait to delve into this once you get a demo out. I'm not too keen on the depth of Ace, but let's say you release a demo of this and I were to start building a game off it, if you updated this kit would I be able to transfer my game I started earlier to the newer version of your kit?

Crystal Noel

Years
Wow man! I can't wait to delve into this once you get a demo out. I'm not too keen on the depth of Ace, but let's say you release a demo of this and I were to start building a game off it, if you updated this kit would I be able to transfer my game I started earlier to the newer version of your kit?

Yes, I will never remove features. There may be times were you would have to restart the adventure when you update. All you have to do is use the Debug Tool to get back to where you were.:)

howcome the sphere grid sript would not work?

The way actors are assigned to the grid is done in script not through notetags, making the caught Pokémon throw an error when you open their Grids.

Crystal Noel

Years
ah fair enough :P
how is progress anyway?

I am working on the Day-Care and Breeding currently depositing Pokémon and the eggs inheriting of Moves, Stats, Nature, Abilities, and Shininess. Since the way the original Masuda method works and different language Pokémon not really being able to work with the kit. I am considering using the Multiple Regions functionally to create my own version dubbed the "Crystal Method" where it has a higher rate if they originate from to different regions. Of course it is in the editable region of the script and can be removed, changed, or tweaked.
Also because of the rumor of the Light and Sound Types I added them into the Kit as extra types. I haven't retyped any Pokémon or moves yet.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Could you record and upload a video of one of the systems (such as the battle system), so that we could get a better idea of how the different things work. Screenshots don't convey enough, when it comes to something like an entire game-kit.

guitargodd97

Video Game Creator
Years
This kit is really exciting to me, mainly because I had been waiting for the Kit by CNG to be made and I had all but given up hope on ever making a Pokemon game in Ace and then this came along! But yeah, it would be awesome if we could see a little vid on how some of this stuff is looking.

SolarPhantom

The Fox Overlord
Years
I can not wait for this to come out cause im trying to make a Pokemon game, but im using rmxp and its Pokemon essentials and that's inefficient as heck.

so what is left that you need to finish this off? i want to see if i can help.
And whats in the video i must say this to you. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Everything looks great except for the battle system and save screen.
(The battle system doesn't look like pokemon at all.)

Other then that, you're making good progress! Keep it up!

Crystal Noel

Years
Everything looks great except for the battle system and save screen.
(The battle system doesn't look like pokemon at all.)

Other then that, you're making good progress! Keep it up!

The battle system is set up so that the user could change the battle perspecive with ease. (The only issue is moving the HUD, but that is easy.) I made backgrounds so that the perspective could be about anything. Also trainers did stick around in Colosseum and XD.
The save screen actually looks like what shows up on the bottom screen in the 5th gen games, but with more info. If you want I could make a HUD for it. My Background HUDs script allows that.
I focus is that the core engine itself works. Appearance tend to be a secondary concern. Also, because of their functionality I use a lot of Yanfly scripts for menu features. Meaning that it takes the layout of what Ace uses by default but with slight modifications. (The Status menu got overhauled a lot, though)

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
It has been a while since the last update. I have had a lot going on in my life this month.
Update:
  • The Day Care system had been completed
  • Many moves from Gen I are now in the Kit
  • The Light and Sound Type have been added to the Kit and are completely optional to use.

CrossZero

Master Bonder
Years
WOW is awesome, but the problem is the tile-sheet limit, so there could only be like 10 houses and the roads, etc.

But i love this proyect, it has a lot to improve, but by today, is exelent.

Hope you finish it, cause in a spanish forum, some one was making something like this and never continued it.

Hope you finish it​

Crystal Noel

Years
WOW is awesome, but the problem is the tile-sheet limit, so there could only be like 10 houses and the roads, etc.

But i love this proyect, it has a lot to improve, but by today, is exelent.

Hope you finish it, cause in a spanish forum, some one was making something like this and never continued it.

Hope you finish it​
I have plans to have the connected maps draw their tiles from their native tileset instead of the one of the map that controls it, allowing for multiple tilesets on the overworld.

Back