• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Running out of Steam

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm out of steam, y'all, it sucks. I really want to create but... I'm not inspired? Motivated? I have no ideas? I can't parse the ideas I have? I dunno what's going on. Anyway. Help me talk it out. Talk out your own roadblocks. idk. What are you getting stuck on? Can you identify why? How do you get the train going again?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Tbh, the only thing thats holding me back is time. I literally have no time to do these things that I really wanted to do and that sucks so bad.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I'm a bit stuck on what to do ATM. I'm working on spells now, but I couldn't tell you what I'm doing after that.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Time holds me back a bit. My last exam is tomorrow, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Sometimes brainstorming can be a little difficult too.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I've got so many ideas running through my mind at any moment, finding time to sit down and work on one really is hard. And then theres actually finding time to work on anything in general... Its pretty disheartening but through the fire lies the prize as the saying goes.

Years
Perhaps it's time for some kind of a collaborative effort? Split the work among many people? At least for those who have no steam rather than no time, but maybe it could still be okay then.

Years
My main problem is turning my ideas into words which is why I've lagged behind. I'm still raring to go it's just making it happen.

I do find though that on occasions when you're stuck for an idea, talking to people is a big help.

Reactions: ZKE

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Whenever I'm creatively stuck I pull a Hemmingway by using my body as a multiliter shotglass. It's the human equivalent of turning it off and on again.

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
Similar situation to gimmepie. I've got a list of names and some minor stats to go with them, but the process of developing unique backstories and transitioning them into actual characters against the backdrop of four different regions and weaving them into the overall history of my main region is... exhausting. I'll write out something today and then a few hours from now or tomorrow I'll look at it and decide to scrap and rewrite.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think it's difficult to know where to keep going. I know stuff about my world but I'm not sure in which end to begin. I've found that the setup in the 30 day challenge is too advanced or simply doesn't suit me well. I want to feel more free and try to just get ANYTHING typed up, not feel restricted, so I need to find a strategy that works for me.

Years
I think it's difficult to know where to keep going. I know stuff about my world but I'm not sure in which end to begin. I've found that the setup in the 30 day challenge is too advanced or simply doesn't suit me well. I want to feel more free and try to just get ANYTHING typed up, not feel restricted, so I need to find a strategy that works for me.

Take a six-sided die, assign each number a topic and write about whichever topic you roll.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I get stuck by procrastinating. I procrastinate a lot. Like I procrasinate on doing necessary things by working on projects, and then procrastinate on those projects by like watching youtube or something. It annoys me so much but I don't know how to fix it.

Years
I get stuck by procrastinating. I procrastinate a lot. Like I procrasinate on doing necessary things by working on projects, and then procrastinate on those projects by like watching youtube or something. It annoys me so much but I don't know how to fix it.

Make yourself start.
Honestly the only way to stop procrastinating is to force yourself over the line.

Setting yourself little "rewards" for finishing tasks can help too.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Make yourself start.
Honestly the only way to stop procrastinating is to force yourself over the line.

Setting yourself little "rewards" for finishing tasks can help too.

Yeah that's what I do. It's even harder when it's with a group though. Didn't think of the rewards, I might try that out.

Back