• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Progress update ...

If you guys have been following my Discovery thread, you know I've lost that ROM and as of right now, it is currently cancelled.

Some people see this was posted in 2014 and still haven't seen a beta release.

Well there is actually quite some progress on this fella.

My last actual update on the hack was over a year ago.

My favorite time to work on ROMhacks is when I'm underway. I have more time to myself in my free time and it gives me something to do.

I have all the interior and exterior maps created and all the sprites I need and the ideas I need to push the beta.

With this, I will confidently state:
July 22nd, 2017 I will release Beta 1 for Pokemon: Fat Kid.

That's a weird date, huh? Well it gives me enough time to wrap things up and give you guys the best Beta 1 I can give you. The first beta will have two major cities, three major towns, two caves, and twelve routes ... and a scooter to help the Fat Kid get around to all the attractions!

I'm sure you guys will enjoy it and I can't wait to release it. Thanks for reading.

Posted on August 2014 still don't except for a release for awhile.

How do you like them apples?

Also ... here is a silly event that I recorded awhile back:

[hd]Oevi2MHSvlo[/hd]

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
I just realized I never actually shared with the public the "evolution" states for Porygon.

Now, before you go clicking spoilers, you have to understand the concept.
Porygon will have its own unique leveling system.
There are six stats in the game: Heath, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.
Well Porygon much like your outdated Windows XP system has many updates available. In this case, they are evolution-like.
Going to any PC in the game, you can change the state of your Porygon at any time.
Feel like leveling your Porygon as an Attack version for awhile to boost the E.V.s you get from that? Or maybe you want some new Attack moves ... ?
The thing that is special about this is that it makes you have to pay attention and actually work on a Pokemon rather than mindlessly spamming A on your favorite Pokemon moves.
For example, if I choose the HP Porygon, I'll only HP-associated moves. Moves that heal me or cure me of status effects, etc. If I choose the attack Porygon, I'll only get Attack moves associated with the new Porygon.
So if you don't pay attention with your Porygon, you'll quick E.V. the hell out of a certain stat and your moveset could easily be filled with just one stat. Defense is great, but we wouldn't want to end up with Metapod as our main Pokemon, would we? It's all about balance.
The PC provides you with some information. It shows you Porygon upgrade, it lists off four of the possible moves it can learn, and it also tells you WHEN those moves can be learned (i.e. HP moves are learned every 5 levels, attack moves learned every 7 levels, etc.)

Alright well that's the big idea behind Porygon. Feel free to ask any questions. Here are the Porygon upgrades as well as their Pokedex entries:

Spoiler:

If you haven't figured out by reading some of those, specific Porygon upgrades will be used in key events in the game. However if you do choose to get rid of your Porygon, the game will continue on just without as many rewards and fun sidequests.

As a reminder, these Porygon upgrades will be apart of the new Tech type pokemon in Pokemon Fat Kid.

In other related news, I've been working on romhack in what free time I have (on deployment) and so far things are looking well. Just finished another 1000 line script which is always ... fun.
No seriously, it was fun! : D

Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
I was already hype, but the Porygon starter sold me!
Bring me the chubby kid, I'll make him great!

Le pug

Years
I'm sorry gang, I have eluded you once again. I feel shitty about it because I have been wanting to release this one for awhile. I love Fat Kid a lot. I know people love Discovery and I understand why but Fat Kid is just a joyful experience. It is on the edges of being complete and I'll take the time to finalize everything however just understand I've been gone for eight out of the last twelve months on submarine deployments so I've been busy and when home, I don't have time to work on it since I have a toddler and a wife to work with. I'll be home in February and so we shall see then! Thank you for your continued patience and I appreciate the interest. It definitely gives me motivation!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hold on, Fat Kid is almost complete? As in the full game?

Either way, good luck with real life, and don't forget to make back-ups of Fat Kid!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm sorry gang, I have eluded you once again. I feel mukty about it because I have been wanting to release this one for awhile. I love Fat Kid a lot. I know people love Discovery and I understand why but Fat Kid is just a joyful experience. It is on the edges of being complete and I'll take the time to finalize everything however just understand I've been gone for eight out of the last twelve months on submarine deployments so I've been busy and when home, I don't have time to work on it since I have a toddler and a wife to work with. I'll be home in February and so we shall see then! Thank you for your continued patience and I appreciate the interest. It definitely gives me motivation!
Reading this just made my day! Dang! Fat kid is close to completion! woohoo! Man, I am so hyped! Take your time!

Le pug

Years
Status update: Hey gang, as I wrap up my last deployment for awhile, I should have more time to finish up Fat Kid. I had a lot of time during this last deployment and I used it to work on Fat Kid over other things. I got a lot done and when I get home, I'll make the finishing touches on a few bugs and scripts that I need to fix that I can't 'cus programs aren't available to me out here (forgot to bring them RIP). Anyways, there is a lot of good content in the game. It is supposed to be a comedy hack so there is a lot of humor in it but there are a lot of cool features that I'd expect in a functioning pokemon romhack. Think of it like if I had ever made a real pokemon romhack that wasn't discovery but like the 10-year-old boy story but instead you are playing a fat kid and it is mostly comedy lol. I think it's great and all the people at work that watch me work on it think it's great and I'll show them just a quick example script and I hear nothing but laughs and positive reviews so I expect a lot of joyful times from you guys as you play through it. Thanks for being patient! Shouldn't be too much longer. The first portion includes seven grass routes, two water routes, two towns, two cities, two gyms, one cave, one power plant (like a cave but not) a safari zone, and some side zones and buildings, including a pokemon tower. As soon as I'm home, I'll post some screenshots as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
^ The end of the first post says "I expect it to take no longer than two weeks of corrections when I get home but don't hold me to it because I'm crappy at meeting deadlines."

Also, asking for release dates is against the rules here.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Also the Tech type is in effect woo... its good against its own kind and more uncommon types and weak against starter types and from what I have inserted, it is pretty balanced in terms of not making your porygon evos OP and not making it too weak either.

Years
Status update: Hey gang, as I wrap up my last deployment for awhile, I should have more time to finish up Fat Kid. I had a lot of time during this last deployment and I used it to work on Fat Kid over other things. I got a lot done and when I get home, I'll make the finishing touches on a few bugs and scripts that I need to fix that I can't 'cus programs aren't available to me out here (forgot to bring them RIP). Anyways, there is a lot of good content in the game. It is supposed to be a comedy hack so there is a lot of humor in it but there are a lot of cool features that I'd expect in a functioning pokemon romhack. Think of it like if I had ever made a real pokemon romhack that wasn't discovery but like the 10-year-old boy story but instead you are playing a fat kid and it is mostly comedy lol. I think it's great and all the people at work that watch me work on it think it's great and I'll show them just a quick example script and I hear nothing but laughs and positive reviews so I expect a lot of joyful times from you guys as you play through it. Thanks for being patient! Shouldn't be too much longer. The first portion includes seven grass routes, two water routes, two towns, two cities, two gyms, one cave, one power plant (like a cave but not) a safari zone, and some side zones and buildings, including a pokemon tower. As soon as I'm home, I'll post some screenshots as well.

Yay! Can't wait!

Back