• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhoumon: Another World Remix

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 21, 2020
Man, time sure flies by.
Our laptop broke and I was for atleast a whole month completely without internet.

Anyways, neato, stuff gets done.
I had a similar idea pertaining the starters, but I thought of it of being categorized as ''Easy->Normal->Hard-Lunatic mode'', judging by how difficult the specific starter puppet it question would be like.
Cool that you actually implemented four of them! :)

Also, I'm looking forward what you'll have to say about my long-ass suggestions that I've made during the past few pages (the ones you haven't addressed yet).
I know that my messages tend to be long, but the more input, the better, right?

Also, check your messages, I will write you a PM shortly after posting this here with helpful info (I hope).

Anyways, to everyone here, merry christmas and a happy new year. :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Whelp, I had a post explaining my progress, but that got deleted. Short summary.

Completed up to Brock, started adding Ten Desires characters. Gonna be something of a challenge because the movesets aren't 1:1, neither are the typings.

I'm also about to start playing around with Destroy and find a use for it that isn't 100% in favor of the user with no drawbacks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Could Destroy work like Hi Jump Kick? Make it do an absurd amount of damage, but KO yourself if it misses.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Could Destroy work like Hi Jump Kick? Make it do an absurd amount of damage, but KO yourself if it misses.
That could work...though if it were to work out that way, it'd need to have proportionally low accuracy and possibly lowest move priority. Or keep the move priority and give it a PP of 1 (which works because if it hits, 1 PP's far more than fair, and if you faint then you won't really be looking for second chances without a revive).

I mean...theoretically I could just make it like Fissure or Sheer Cold and leave it at that, but I don't really feel like that's going far enough with it. I could, though, because really, I don't have any personal stock in Destroy, given that it's basically just there for faux-difficulty purposes and since I'm pretty sure there are still other OHKO's in the game...well, I don't see much reason to have it. Really the only reason it is being kept is because people are asking for it. Objectively, though...it kinda is a Z-level move.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Isn't the only reason the move's in is because it's Flan's power? I suppose she already has Lævateinn, so don't feel like you absolutely need to keep the move.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well...as a signature I suppose it makes sense. But if that's the case then I think it's less about making it an OP guaranteed OHKO (which, on Flan, is absolute overkill anyway) and more about making it something that complements Flan's moveset. Or making Flan's moveset complement it. The original effect was something that you could put on literally any boneka and it'd feel perfectly justified because...it didn't really have anything to do with Flan to begin with.

So that's what I'll try to do. Make it into a balanced move that actually has reason to be Flan's signature.

...Which means back to the drawing board, but it at least has a basis now.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
The split isn't working. I am not sure if its because I need to use the patch you have on your hack or if the split doesn't apply to the NPCs. All I know is that Meiling should not be getting devastated by a faint attack from Rumia and Patchy surviving a bite if the split is in affect.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The split isn't working. I am not sure if its because I need to use the patch you have on your hack or if the split doesn't apply to the NPCs. All I know is that Meiling should not be getting devastated by a faint attack from Rumia and Patchy surviving a bite if the split is in affect.
That depends. I haven't had any problems yet, and I've yet to hear any other problems with it, so I'm gonna need specific. Namely, levels and evolution stages.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
That depends. I haven't had any problems yet, and I've yet to hear any other problems with it, so I'm gonna need specific. Namely, levels and evolution stages.

I personally didn't see any problem with the split at all. I finished the game a while ago after the split was added and it worked just fine for me. Now I'm just waiting for the next update so I can start anew.

It was a fun play-trough btw, I did cheat quite a bit though, I added the cheat to be able to catch trainers mons and it was just so much fun, it just turned trainer battles into legendary captures depending on the mons they had. It would have been so hard to beat the game without that cheat though, thanks to it I was able to beat Zmons easier or even capture them. When I really didn't want to fight someone or was really unable to win without grinding a lot I could just run away from them and they'd act as if I'd won the match, though that didn't happen much at all.

I know its not how Im supposed to play it, but it was really fun.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016

Something similar has happened to me before.

It was a while ago, so the numbers may not be 100% precise, but they should be close enough

My Patchouli, level 21 at the time (she's level 22 now, with 19 defense and 65 sp.def. That means she probably had 18~19 and 62~64 sp.def) had twenty-something hp left. I think it was either 27 or 24, but I can't be sure. She was fighting the lilyblack one of the fairies has on the bottom part of the road of reconsideration (the part where you have to walk down through the grass). I can't be sure of the level, but I think it was a level 23. She used faint attack, and my patchouli lived with 2 hp left. I find it pretty weird that a pokemon higher leveed than mine can attack her with a super effective move that hits her weakest stat and she doesn't die.

Wow, that was a wall of text. Also, don't ask why I was fighting a lilyblack with a patchouli.

On a side note, is EKogasa any good?

EDIT: So I got really curious and wen to pokemon showdown's damage calculator to make sure. I made the lilyblack have 0evs and ivs and a neutral nature, giving it 39 attack and 37 sp.atk. I put patchouli with a defense-boosting nature and 3 Ivs in defense (making it 19) and put her sp.def as 62.

When faint attack is a physical move, it deals 72-86 (144 - 172%) damage

When faint attack is a special move, it deals 20-26 (40 - 52%) damage, a perfect match for the situation earlier.

So there you have it. I've noticed that bite does a lot more damage than it probably should to my cmeiling, as well as razor leaf too, bt I don't have numbers on that.

Still curious about the verdict on EKogasa. Also, LAlice, too. What's a good moveset for them?

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Something similar has happened to me before.

It was a while ago, so the numbers may not be 100% precise, but they should be close enough

My Patchouli, level 21 at the time (she's level 22 now, with 19 defense and 65 sp.def. That means she probably had 18~19 and 62~64 sp.def) had twenty-something hp left. I think it was either 27 or 24, but I can't be sure. She was fighting the lilyblack one of the fairies has on the bottom part of the road of reconsideration (the part where you have to walk down through the grass). I can't be sure of the level, but I think it was a level 23. She used faint attack, and my patchouli lived with 2 hp left. I find it pretty weird that a pokemon higher leveed than mine can attack her with a super effective move that hits her weakest stat and she doesn't die.

Wow, that was a wall of text. Also, don't ask why I was fighting a lilyblack with a patchouli.

On a side note, is EKogasa any good?
Hm...that is a little worrying. I'll see if that persists in the next version.

Which reminds me...so, the only reason I haven't uploaded it yet is because the Ten Desires additions are not adding smoothly. Kyouko, my guinea pig for this, is producing strange, but rather expected results, likely due to the way Zs were implemented. Namely, that they don't replace smoothly. Moves work fine, as do the sprites and encounters, but the dex data (as I believe I was warned of in this very thread) doesn't save and catching them results in getting the data for another boneka from the same route.

As for EKogasa, her moveset's mostly based around debilitating the opponent. Her stats aren't bad all around and most of her heavy hitting attacks are Special (though her best stats are Attack and Defense). She's okay, and Parasol Star, her signature move, is a Ghost-type move with Flinch potential. So...sure. She's not bad and she has some pretty good stat coverage.

EDIT: Hm...that's...not good. Is it only Dark that's acting up like this? Because if so...hm...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016
Hm...that is a little worrying. I'll see if that persists in the next version.

Which reminds me...so, the only reason I haven't uploaded it yet is because the Ten Desires additions are not adding smoothly. Kyouko, my guinea pig for this, is producing strange, but rather expected results, likely due to the way Zs were implemented. Namely, that they don't replace smoothly. Moves work fine, as do the sprites and encounters, but the dex data (as I believe I was warned of in this very thread) doesn't save and catching them results in getting the data for another boneka from the same route.

As for EKogasa, her moveset's mostly based around debilitating the opponent. Her stats aren't bad all around and most of her heavy hitting attacks are Special (though her best stats are Attack and Defense). She's okay, and Parasol Star, her signature move, is a Ghost-type move with Flinch potential. So...sure. She's not bad and she has some pretty good stat coverage.

EDIT: Hm...that's...not good. Is it only Dark that's acting up like this? Because if so...hm...

I don't have numbers, but I feel as if razor leaf also did a lot more damage than it should to my cmeiling and cirno, since it OHKO'd them, while my patchouli lived.

Also, might be a stupid question, but we can keep our progress even after updating, right?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't have numbers, but I feel as if razor leaf also did a lot more damage than it should to my cmeiling and cirno, since it OHKO'd them, while my patchouli lived.

Also, might be a stupid question, but we can keep our progress even after updating, right?
You can, yeah. As it stands, none of the changes or flags that I have set will interfere with old saves, so everything should work fine after the update.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016
You can, yeah. As it stands, none of the changes or flags that I have set will interfere with old saves, so everything should work fine after the update.

Are you supposed to be able to go back to the outside world as soon as you enter muenduka by toching the rock at the top portion? Because if so,the level change is quite absurd (trainers around level 22, now wild pokemon at level 25). Aren't you supposed to talk to yukari or something to go to the outside world?

Also, is there a way to go back to gensokyo after going to the outside world?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Are you supposed to be able to go back to the outside world as soon as you enter muenduka by toching the rock at the top portion? Because if so,the level change is quite absurd (trainers around level 22, now wild pokemon at level 25). Aren't you supposed to talk to yukari or something to go to the outside world?

Also, is there a way to go back to gensokyo after going to the outside world?
Yeah, I mentioned this.

When you get back to Kanto [from Muenzuka]...strange things will happen. So for now until V3.5, I'll say that this hack goes up until the end of the first Gensokyo portion...The "Homecoming" scene's gonna be revised so that it works when you come downstairs and your mom says slightly different things, that'll be in the next patch. As for Yukari, this part also works as a bit of direction. The only way to get back to Gensokyo is to go through the Gap Zone, which you can't do until you get cut. This'll kind of clue the player in to the idea that they need to progress in Kanto until they get said HM.

As for Yukari, don't worry, I have plans for her.

Also, I tweaked the trainers in the latest (unreleased) version. Everything up to Brock's edited to be...doable, but I'm kinda itching to have people try it out because I'm not sure if I made it too doable. Though the Forest is harder. Just added a little bit of variety to some of the teams.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 4, 2016
Yeah, I mentioned this.

Also, I tweaked the trainers in the latest (unreleased) version. Everything up to Brock's edited to be...doable, but I'm kinda itching to have people try it out because I'm not sure if I made it too doable. Though the Forest is harder. Just added a little bit of variety to some of the teams.

Ah, alright. Guess I missed that. Well, I'll try going forward, still.

PatchouliKnowledge

Witch of the Spring Haze
Years
I can confirm, assuming no one has done so already, that on Mac with Wine at least, renaming the file what the original modified ROM was will still allow you to access the old saves with the changes. How it would work for Windows, I don't know. Still, I love Another World when it's not in Kanto, which is thankfully only part of the game. To imagine it minus the parts that make it kind of a buggy mess sometimes is awesome. Physical/special split is always nice as well, giving several characters new life (coughYuyuko)...

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Wow, this is really cool! I loved these hacks, despite their problems, so this is really neat. I did some edits to World Link on my own time, so I figured I could just list some of the changes I've made (as an inexperienced hacker, with some help from some friends) and see if you liked any of them.

-Zeroes and Last Words were both standardized to 680 BST, and both were attainable via sun/moon stone respectively. My idea with them is that, if both were options, Last Word would be a continuation of what makes that mon unique, while Zero was trying something completely different (if zero was the only option it'd just be like a last word though)
-I did something similar with Finals and Advents--Standardized to 600 BST, Finals were the same typing but a different usage (FMeiling was a bulky, slow 'mon, for instance), while Advents changed the typing but generally stayed similar to their base. (AMeiling was Fighting/Steel, for instance)
-Completely changed the starters--They've varied across my revisions (mokou/kaguya/eirin, rin/yuyuko/komachi), but currently I've dropped the type triangle and went for Hoshizako/Kedama/Dolls, with Kedama having been edited to evolve into the (nerfed) Watasukis, and all 3 of them having been buffed slightly.
-(planned) Last Words would be exclusively distributed to IN characters, while Zeroes would be given to those who had LWs but lost them.
-(Planned/half-implemented) Dex edits, Name edits (EKeine (H)>HKeine, as an example)
-Standard trainer nerfs/edits

This is because of the Zeroes being located in the Limbo slots. RSE throws a fit if you try to catch them, while FRLG just does weird things. If you're going to put standard mons in, you need to make them gifts. However, FR supports extending the main dex, if you're into that.

All this being said, massive props to you for taking on such a massive task. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Picked this up a week or two ago, and its good to be back in Touhoumon. So far, things have been going smoothly, enjoying the physical/special split, but there has been one problem. When trading Boneka holding the last tag, they have not been evolving. Have Last Word Boneka been removed alonside Zero Boneka? or is there some sort of glitch when trading using only one computer?

EDIT: I tried to trade-evolve an Eirin into DEEirin, and it flat out told me "that pokemon cannot be traded right now", so I assume trade evolutions are not working in general?

EDIT 2: Physical/special split may need some adjusting, dragon type moves dont seem to work with the proper offensive stat. Ex. my Kasen's "Dragon Fever" (120pw) is doing a third of the damage "Earthquake" (100pw) does against targets who take neutral damage from both ground and dragon attacks

Hope to hear back on this soon, thanks for breathing new life into Another World!

Last edited:
Back