• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
This game occasionally freezes, I had the same trouble with the Tate&Liza battle when Bronzong came out. I had save states and it eventually worked though. You should save often just in case the game freezes again.

Also, I don't think the IV tester guy in the Battle Frontier works.

About that guy, i thought the same thing..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
Another suggestion:
In my opinion is better to have little update that fix one problem at once instead of having huge update and have to wait a lot playing a game that is bugged.
I say that because now I can't make money with amulet coin so I'm poor.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
For people telling me the bugs, not to sound like a jerk, but some of them might be problems with the battle engine I'm using as well. If the glitches that you found in Theta Emerald EX are also found in the Emerald Battle Engine, it's not my fault. If the glitch happens in Theta Emerald EX and NOT in the Emerald Battle Engine, then I'll look into it. Also, instead of people complaining, how about you help try and find the problem? That's how I made this ROM hack, so help make this ROM hack as glitch free as possible!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
For people telling me the bugs, not to sound like a jerk, but some of them might be problems with the battle engine I'm using as well. If the glitches that you found in Theta Emerald EX are also found in the Emerald Battle Engine, it's not my fault. If the glitch happens in Theta Emerald EX and NOT in the Emerald Battle Engine, then I'll look into it. Also, instead of people complaining, how about you help try and find the problem? That's how I made this ROM hack, so help make this ROM hack as glitch free as possible!

I read back thru some of the replies to make sure, but nobody's really complaining, infact most replies are nothing but praise (as it should for this well made hack). I just assumed that as the creator of the hack, you might want to know about issues with your own game, as a reference. I had some issues/oddities I planned on posting but I don't know anything about hacking this game myself, so I'll just leave it be I guess.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
If it's any help, I narrowed down the cause of the bag + Pokédex getting messed up - it's the battle tents: https://youtu.be/KH9wpPV1Qrk
Can't think what'd cause it... I can't test whether the Battle Frontier facilities do this too since I've not reached them yet. But you tested those out, so it must be something to do with the battle tents?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Umm.. I patch the game I get to the start screen and then when I click new game I get a black screen

Years
Lol LCCoolJ5 I wish that you gave us 100k instead of 50k starting out. I'm using so much money on pokeballs because I WANNA CATCH THEM ALL :D

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Can anyone help me? Right when I start the game after patching, I get a black screen and it doesn't do anything else afterwards. I can't even get to the point where it says start new game. Thanks for any help and tips you can give me.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 25, 2017
>release a buggy game
>people praise your work but also let you know about the bugs
>tell people it's not your fault and to fix the bugs themselves
JUST

I have to agree with you.
I waited six month for this hack and He said that was 100% complete and bug-free.
But trying it, I run into a lot of bugs and the minimum that i could do is report them.
I understand LCCoolJ95, because he wanted to free himself from this hack rom but there's still
some work to do.
I really hope that everything goes well because Pokemon Emerald Theta EX could really be one of the best hack rom.
Thanks again LCCoolJ95!

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023

Fix them ourselves? But when you released it you ordered everybody to leave it alone unless you gave your express permission to edit the work. You were very clear about that with the "DO NOT EDIT THIS" post.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Lol LCCoolJ5 I wish that you gave us 100k instead of 50k starting out. I'm using so much money on pokeballs because I WANNA CATCH THEM ALL :D

if more money is what you need, you can use an Emerald Gameshark code or you can buy a Luck Incense or find Amulet Coin.

Does anyone know if Hidden Power in this game (regardless of IV) is a flat 60 base power like Gen 6 onwards?

I'm pretty sure it is.

Back