• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tower Girls

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
What are Tower Girls?
C4gJrJZ.png

Tower girls themselves are adorable chibi princesses. Tower Girls the RP is a dungeon exploration based roleplay in which you travel throughout a tower of truly unknown heights, all in hopes of creating and expanding your harem and power which will consist of these adorable princesses.

How it works

We'll have two discords, one in which we talk normally about the RP, and the other in which the real action will take place. In the second discord, I'll provide a basic (and most likely crude since I've no real artistic skill to speak of) map of the level you're on, with only a few branching paths at first. Over the course of 2 or so weeks, you'll explore the floor room by room with my guidance (i.e. you'll tell me you want to go in room 1 and I'll tell you that there's x, y and z in there and you can write out a post about it, or save it for after you explore another room or two or until you find a princess. note; you won't find a princess in every room, or perhaps even on every floor). When you enter a floor, I'll tell you how many princesses are on the floor as well as any fancy new armor or other special items. At the end of every second or third floor there will be a mini-boss, which will be a special princess.

I understand not everyone will be in the same time zone, so this sounds a little out there in terms of giving equal opportunity to the players, but since I myself also have a rather hectic work and sleep schedule, I'll make sure that opportunities are distributed evenly. Depending on the number of players, I'll wait a certain number of days in between rooms and also give a week at the end of each month for everyone to catch up with at least a single post detailing their escapades through the floor. I also will hope to provide my own summary post at the end/beginning of each floor, alongside any growths in the relationships between the characters and their harems.

The "Plot"

Spoiler:

As I already said, your journey as a whole revolves around rescuing (possibly fighting, depending on your affinity for one and other) as many princesses as possible in order to expand your harem. You'll be creating a knight (male, unless you're really looking for a challenge) and in the beginning, we'll only be using the princesses in the image above, due to the original content of Tower Girls being mostly nsfw. Which means, this rp should be rather fast paced. If popularity demands it, I'd be willing to find some people willing to create more sfw versions of some of the other characters (or I could allow players to create their own personal princess after collecting a certain amount).

There's a number of details which pertain to the varying interactions that can occur between knight and princess, princess and princess and also how to raise the various levels of the princesses (as well as yours) and gain their respective boons for the love and lust stats when maxed out.

The Signup

Mo3jAH7.png

Wealth and lust are set to 1, while you have 8 stats to distribute between the other 2. Raising lust is not a good thing, as when it's filled it can cause any number of hindrances between you and your princesses. For example, if your lust meter is filled and you have a princess with full lust as well, you'll 'disappear' for 4 rooms of exploration, meaning you could potentially miss out on a whole floor of the tower. Also, for the sign up, dowries will be replaced with any one single use item, whether it's a healing potion, love potion, or whatever, as long as its a single use and I give it the ok it's good to go (or multi use if you explain its purpose and it's not OP). Also, I suppose I should state I'm only looking for 4-5 players for this'n.

Last edited:
Years
This looks really fun! I'd be interested in joining for sure. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is why you give 8 points to distribute between love and power, when there's only 3 combinations of points: l-5 p-3, l-3 p-5, l-4 p-4. Other than that, the rest of it looks really neat!

Edit: Is the actually roleplaying taking place on the forums or in the discord thread?

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
This looks really fun! I'd be interested in joining for sure. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is why you give 8 points to distribute between love and power, when there's only 3 combinations of points: l-5 p-3, l-3 p-5, l-4 p-4. Other than that, the rest of it looks really neat!

There's actually a few things I hadn't put full enough thought into yet and as such didn't include them, the stats being one of them but I figured I should somewhat explain how your sign up would work beforehand haha. I'm also really trying to decide if I could find the energy and drive to edit the lewd sheets of towergirls so I can add in some of the ones from other expansions easier because they're all just so cute, and I want to try and make use of a section that was only included in the nsfw versions which are kinks/fetishes. Just trying to fully realize the concept and figure up how I should utilize it without falling.

the actual roleplaying will be taking place on pc. on the discord we'll set your path through the levels together, and then here you'll write out everything that occurs. So you enter a room and I'll tell you what's there, then you'll move on to the next room and write about it after you've got a chain of rooms or write up a post relatively soon about how you go through that one room.

I suppose I could always set the players up like the companion sheet is and say for your boon you have one special piece of equipment at the start and your modifiers are things you....? More thought is needed.

cpkLLdF.png
02MuUt6.png

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Real quick, I wanted to question the "two Discords" detail, just on account of Discord's channels being organizational tools in themselves that could distinguish between out-of-character conversation and dungeon-crawling; it'd likely be more convenient for players to only join one chat for one roleplay.

Sorry if it seems like a bit of a pedantic question, especially since you seem to be stirring up some discussion on this idea. And I wish I had more to contribute, but it's unfortunately pretty late here. I'll keep this Check on my mind, though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Real quick, I wanted to question the "two Discords" detail, just on account of Discord's channels being organizational tools in themselves that could distinguish between out-of-character conversation and dungeon-crawling; it'd likely be more convenient for players to only join one chat for one roleplay.

Sorry if it seems like a bit of a pedantic question, especially since you seem to be stirring up some discussion on this idea. And I wish I had more to contribute, but it's unfortunately pretty late here. I'll keep this Check on my mind, though.

I'm definitely still thinking about several things in relation to the rp, due to it still being simply a check. I don't actually know a ton about Discord's potential due to only really going on for a few minutes a day so I can drop updates or chime in on whatever comes up around that time, although I do have it constantly open. I know that with the few chats I am in, everything moves slow enough that things aren't instantly buried beneath a sea of other comments, and if they are, pinning messages is an option that's available. But when thinking about using the separate channel exclusively for mapping/exploring, my intentions would be to use that more or less solely for the map of each level, the movements of each character through the dungeon, and possibly character/princess level or status updates. This is assuming though that we have enough discussion or activity in the main chat for the rp - which I won't say isn't likely, but it's not really unlikely either, I just like to dream. Since all of the roleplays go through the main pc-rp discord, I don't know that it would be big of a deal for creating a secondary channel, but it's not the biggest of deals in the world since we can always just pin updates and the current map to the channel.

I'm happily open to any suggestions that would help potential players feel more comfortable or makes everything simpler for all included :) I'm going to wait until my next day off to put up any sort of OOC, so there's time at least until next Wednesday (when I'll receive my next week's schedule) to really plot everything out in the most efficient, interesting, and most of all fun way to experience the RP as a whole

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
This looks adorable and silly...

At a quick glance over, it looks like more of a "game" than an actual Roleplay, but I could certainly see how one could use it as material for a roleplay so as per the usual i'll critique it harder when an actual solid thread exists. But as for an answer to the question that all interest checks ask. Yes I am interested. :D

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Yeah, I definitely think one chat with multiple channels would be the most accessible. A channel dedicated to status updates sounds pretty cool too.

Actually, if the Discord is mostly a supplement to what occurs in-character, you could always apply its uses to the out-of-character thread unless exploration in real time to you is part of the main appeal. But few roleplays utilize their OOCs (aside from shit-posting, nahaha) and you could be the first!

Regarding a chat room or otherwise, I have two suggestions for balancing floor-exploration opps and lowering the chance of any stress that could come from "claiming." The first: requiring an in-character post every 1-2 rooms before being able to enter a different one or different ones. In the case this becomes tedious, my second idea: you could take a boardgame-y approach where a player rolls a die to determine how many rooms they visit on one floor beforehand.

I also have a question on the knights and their kingdoms. Are they initially from the preexisting ones; were they knighted by the corresponding ruler(s)? Have they founded their own kingdoms prior to saving princesses, or do they, by becoming associated with a kingdom/marrying a princess of a kingdom, become a ruler of the preexisting ones?

Aaand one more, probably an obvious one: The princesses our knights find are up to you/"chance," right? Just so I don't get too attached, okay

Anywho, any updates on the mechanics or other details, I'm excited to see. With cute girls, you can do no wrong. I can't remember where I heard of 'Tower Girls' before, but a fan-roleplay adaptation will be equally as fun, I'm sure!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Yeah, I definitely think one chat with multiple channels would be the most accessible. A channel dedicated to status updates sounds pretty cool too.

Actually, if the Discord is mostly a supplement to what occurs in-character, you could always apply its uses to the out-of-character thread unless exploration in real time to you is part of the main appeal. But few roleplays utilize their OOCs (aside from shit-posting, nahaha) and you could be the first!

Regarding a chat room or otherwise, I have two suggestions for balancing floor-exploration opps and lowering the chance of any stress that could come from "claiming." The first: requiring an in-character post every 1-2 rooms before being able to enter a different one or different ones. In the case this becomes tedious, my second idea: you could take a boardgame-y approach where a player rolls a die to determine how many rooms they visit on one floor beforehand.

I also have a question on the knights and their kingdoms. Are they initially from the preexisting ones; were they knighted by the corresponding ruler(s)? Have they founded their own kingdoms prior to saving princesses, or do they, by becoming associated with a kingdom/marrying a princess of a kingdom, become a ruler of the preexisting ones?

Aaand one more, probably an obvious one: The princesses our knights find are up to you/"chance," right? Just so I don't get too attached, okay

Anywho, any updates on the mechanics or other details, I'm excited to see. With cute girls, you can do no wrong. I can't remember where I heard of 'Tower Girls' before, but a fan-roleplay adaptation will be equally as fun, I'm sure!

I'll tackle these I order.

I think most people have more or less moved on from the ooc threads besides character creation and pinging people so I would rather use discord for it and just use the ooc as another way to ping and update people's stats and princesses and etc, if for whatever reason discord magically falls apart our progress will be saved in another place as well. I do think the somewhat real-time exploration of the dungeons are a bigger part of the draw, since it is something different from people are used to, making it slightly more interesting in a mechanics sense.

I was thinking about putting a 2-3 room limit between posts. If you want to post about every room, more power to you, but there'll be a requirement of 2-3 rooms per post depending on the contents of each. And once you have some princesses under your belt, you might even have some rest posts where you simply explore your relationships with each. Also, the order that characters enter the dungeon and each floor will be dependant upon both their strength, current inventory, number of rooms previously explored and the number of princesses you have. That way, it's not exactly all up to chance on who gets to explore each floor first, nor will it always fall onto one peraon, unless they're extremely un/lucky, depending how you want to look at it.

Once the ooc goes up, I'll tell about the kingdom's you might hail from. They'll all have been destroyed by the start of the op though, and you'll be rescuing the princesses to claim the right to build your own kingdom basically. Amd dpnt feel the need to tie yourself down to only one princess ;) some of them will be more than happy to share

More or less yes. There might be items available eventually to help get the one you really want, or like I said earlier I might allow for custom princesses eventually once you get a certain number of your own.

If you go onto 4chan.org/tg you'll more than likely find at least one thread at any time dedicated to towergirls. And since tg is more or less sfw barring a few instances, you don't have to worry about scarring your eyes or those of others.

Hope everything made sense since I'm at work typing on my phone haha.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I understand; I think Discord dungeon-crawling could make for a fun gimmick in itself. And if the out-of-character thread will still have some sort of use, in the end, it's all good.

2-3 rooms sounds perfect, actually; I thought in-retrospect moving multiple rooms at a time would benefit that first method, hence the "1-2." If there's definitely a "formula" of sorts for how many rooms a character can explore in one go, I'd agree it be funner and fairer to use that over chance. Apparently I want more die rolls in my RPs, lol.

And character relationships are always important, so rest points are appreciated.

POLYGAMY: THE GAME. Diplomacy through the power of love. But cool, cool; can wait until an OOC to consider background.

And custom princesses, how did I miss this

I should def check some threads out, then, see what's going down. Don't worry, you explained everything well!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Looks like my next day off will be saturday, so you should expect to see the ooc thread up sometime around then. maybe a day or two before even if we're lucky.

Back