• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Jpan's hacked engine

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Does anyone know a way to install Jpan's hacked engine in Firered without deleting original events?
I just wanna apply Overworld and Wild shiny hack. Will they affect original script if I add them via Tool?

And also, when I apply Overworld hack and open the ROM with OWM...it shows profile BPRE instead of JPAN.

Also, will it be safe if I choose variables 0x408f for dynamic Overworlds?(I don't want hero switch)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Apparantly you can, at least that's what it states in the version_changes document.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 5, 2023
Apparantly you can, at least that's what it states in the version_changes document.

Spoiler:
But OWM can't seem to read profile if I apply over world hack by tool

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
You may have to repoint the overworld tables. JPANs engine repoints OW table pointers to 0x1A2000, so it might check pointer table location to discern between BPRE and JPAN.

Back