• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explosion in NYC Port Authority bus terminal

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
There was an explosion reported at NYC's Port Authority bus terminal about.... oh an hour ago?

From what I'm seeing a 27 year old man with what was said to be a suicide vest and multiple explosive devices was headed into the station when a bomb in his pocket went off per-maturely. He is reported to still be alive and in custody.

This is a link to some supposed footage from CCTV, as well as some live info (not sure if correct as I've just stumbled on this from a link in a different video, so take with a grain of salt. Only info I can find so far other than reporting that suspect is in custody)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Has anything conclusive been said about the suspect from the video?

He has currently been charged under NY law with; criminal possession of a weapon, supporting an act of terrorism, and making a terroristic threat. He probably will also receive federal charges.

Ummm, his name is Akayed Ullah. He is a 27 year old male who came to the US in 2011 from Bangladesh. It is being said he carried out his failed attack in response to US airstrikes against IS. He is currently in the hospital in serious condition. His wife and 3(I think) year old son are in Bangladesh being questioned by US Authorities.

Maybe if we're lucky he'll just die in the hospital. Problem solved.

Back