• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cataclysm Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2023
...It's also a bit of a chore for new team members to read all the posts we've made while planning, so this thread will hopefully get them on roughly the same page as us.

Thank God! We've needed this lol

May you guys add a couple of things (if it's even possible that is).

* Mugshots
* Pokemon responding to Mega Rings

I only saw one ROM that has those, which was Pokemon Mega Evolution Aquamarine and unfortunately that game is in Spanish.

Check the planning thread, but I think it will have mugshots (from what I read).

Mega evolution should become more available, now that this--https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9342660#post9342660--is a thing.

And, for all the people praising the FR/LG graphics, the new tiles haven't been made and/or inserted yet (note, I don't know what they look like)

Trainer 766

May you guys add a couple of things ( if it's even possible that is ).

* Mugshots
* Pokemon responding to Mega Rings

I only saw one ROM that has those, which was Pokemon Mega Evolution Aquamarine and unfortunately that game is in Spanish.

I DO NOT make hacks, that post was mainly for anyone who's eager for release dates.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Could you guys do the opposite of this?

No, they should put Ash Ketchum in, but have him die.

Permanently.

That's why you have to save the world.
/s
I'm kidding. That would be hilarious though. Maybe I need to work on my sense of humor...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Thank God! We've needed this lol

Check the planning thread, but I think it will have mugshots (from what I read).

Mega evolution should become more available, now that this--https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9342660#post9342660--is a thing.

And, for all the people praising the FR/LG graphics, the new tiles haven't been made and/or inserted yet (note, I don't know what they look like)

What about Alola forms? Will that be a thing too?

Years
No, they should put Ash Ketchum in, but have him die.

Permanently.

That's why you have to save the world.
/s
I'm kidding. That would be hilarious though. Maybe I need to work on my sense of humor...

I agree with you.

50px-House_Redfort.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2023
What about Alola forms? Will that be a thing too?

I realize I wasn't clear.

I don't mean megas will be included in Cataclysm, because I really don't know (again, plz check the planning forum). My guess is it won't happen because someone will have to rewrite more of the battle engine, but I guess you could make a feature request in the planning forum (if there's nothing there already) and see what kind of response you get.

What I meant was that now that the tagged project exists, we may start getting more games with megas. I have no idea where the project stands on Alola forms; you'll have to follow the project to see where the devs are on that.

Years
Dizzy's gonna pee himself looking at this! Saying emerald is 'better'. Na, to be honest both are good, but if emerald was supported a WHOLE LOT more, maybe this would've been a emerald hack.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Wow, this hack looks absolutely gorgeous, the title screen in particular. These community hacks like Clover always seem to be really well done, I can't wait to see what the Beta/Final version holds.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
If anything in those screenshots are an eye popper, it has to be that Pokepad. I've seen several hacks that promised to bring a similar feature (Gold remakes with Pokegear.) and I just hope that this one comes out.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
This looks so freaking promising it gives me the chills.
I like the choice of using GBA-like Tiles and Sprites, the Pokepad looks nice and better than a PokeGear or a PokeNav and overall it feels like it's gonna be well built HackROM (that's an obvious outcome, considering all the talented ROM Hackers behind the project), I can't wait for a playable version, even if it's an Alpha!
I'll check the thread every once in a while, really awesome job guys, keep it going.

Trainer 766

This looks so freaking promising it gives me the chills.
I like the choice of using GBA-like Tiles and Sprites, the Pokepad looks nice and better than a PokeGear or a PokeNav and overall it feels like it's gonna be well built HackROM (that's an obvious outcome, considering all the talented ROM Hackers behind the project), I can't wait for a playable version, even if it's an Alpha!
I'll check the thread every once in a while, really awesome job guys, keep it going.

I am very sorry to say this, but if you have been following this project on Discord for a while now (which you did not because you don't have a Discord), the community hack is currently on a hiatus.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I am very sorry to say this, but if you have been following this project on Discord for a while now (which you did not because you don't have a Discord), the community hack is currently on a hiatus.
If I use Discord or not is irrelevant, but thanks for bringing the news. As long as it's not cancelled, it's not dead on my book and Hacks of tremendous quality like this one are worth waiting for anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back