• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Anime-Style Challenge (Revival)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
This challenge takes its inspiration from the challenge that was originally posted here, https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365891 ,but was locked due to inactivity. The challenge is the many rules that are meant to create an experience in the games similar to the journey the anime characters go on. Note: if you want to do this challenge it may help to look at the original thread, but I am slightly altering some aspects of the challenge for this version, to make it more interesting.

RULES:
Spoiler:

Challenge completion points:
Spoiler:

EXTENDED CHALLENGE: If you have the ability to do so,you may trade/transfer your BFL to another game and embark on a new journey there. If you want to do that just post a new sign-up saying so.

Sign-up sheet:

Username:
Game:
Optional Rules/Tweaks?:

My Sign-Up:

Username: Armaada J
Game: Soul Silver
Optional Rules/Tweaks?: I HAVE to hatch any eggs I receive and revive any fossils I receive. I'll also use the randomizer to give myself my BFL as a starter and enable evolutions. And my Bro For Life will be.... VULPIX!!! Yeah I know he's catchable in this game but he's so far down the line it makes more sense to get him as a starter. For balance purposes he'll replace Cyndaquil. Plus Vulpix is awesome.

I'll post updates when I can, and I'll try to write it as more of a story, to fit with the anime theme.

Completed Challenges:
Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I saw you post about this in the challenge ideas and I decided to start it on my own.
Username: AlmightyBreloom
Game: Y
Optional Rules/Tweaks?: Allowed to heal in battle, as long as the Pokémon that is being healed is not currently battling. This makes more sense because even though they don't show potions, often times Ash would retrieve a Pokémon and when it went back out they would say "It seems that ______ has recovered energy!" or something like that. Also, my BFL is a Growlithe, kinda amusing because yours is a Vulpix

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I saw you post about this in the challenge ideas and I decided to start it on my own.
Username: AlmightyBreloom
Game: Y
Optional Rules/Tweaks?: Allowed to heal in battle, as long as the Pokémon that is being healed is not currently battling. This makes more sense because even though they don't show potions, often times Ash would retrieve a Pokémon and when it went back out they would say "It seems that ______ has recovered energy!" or something like that. Also, my BFL is a Growlithe, kinda amusing because yours is a Vulpix
Added!

UPDATE #1
Spoiler:

Years
Username: LRachelR5
Game: Moon
Optional Rules/Tweaks?: Allowed to heal in battle, as long as the Pokémon that is being healed is not currently battling, held items are allowed. My BFL is Mimikyu. In terms of evolution, if I get a number between 1 and 5 I will evolve pokemon and if I roll between 6-12 I will not evolve a pokemon. And in terms of team departures between a 1-8 I will not release a mon and between 9-16 I will release a mon

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
UPDATE #2
On our way back to Cherrygove, Kyuubi and I add two new members to our team: Specs the Hoothoot, and Joplin the Geodude. Specs was captured when she started chasing us down the road. Joplin was in a larger group of Geodudes and was being bullied, so we brought her along. After some team building excersises (read: grinding), we set off and reached Violet City. We'll begin training tomorrow and then take on our first challenge: Sprout tower. (Also, all of my pokemon are female. Girl power I guess)

Team so far:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Forgot to mention both Specs and Jolpin can evolve. Haven't decided yet whether Joplin can evolve a second time.

Last edited:
Years
Pilot:
Spoiler:

Episode 2
Spoiler:

Team Recap:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Team Recap:
]Neto the Growlithe(BFL)-Male Lvl 22
Ryu the Pikachu(Can't evolve)-Male Lvl 22
Saur the Ivysaur(Can't evolve)-Male Lvl 24
Protein the Machop(Can't evolve)-Male Lvl 22
Mars the Tyrunt(Can evolve)-Male Lvl 22​
[/QUOTE]

Wow, it'll be interesting to see how you manage with so few evolved mons.

Years
To be fair, most of them are quite decent. I just kinda wish I could get rid of Machop. He can't evolve at all and I only got him for the gym, and I don't really want to box him

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
To be fair, most of them are quite decent. I just kinda wish I could get rid of Machop. He can't evolve at all and I only got him for the gym, and I don't really want to box him

Well if you roll for a departure at any point, Machop might decide to take a vacation ;)

Years
In the Last Episode:
Spoiler:

Episode Three:
Spoiler:

Team Recap:
Spoiler:
Boxed:
Spoiler:
Departures:
Spoiler:

Years
In the Last Episode:
Spoiler:

Episode 4:
Spoiler:

Team Update:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Departures:
Spoiler:

Years
Always up for interesting new challenges, and this is definitely one.

Username: KimbosUnova
Game: FireRed (will do a different sign up for every version of the game I do, using a Pokemon from that generation)
Optional Rules/Tweaks: Not using the move rule, as it just seems a nuisance rather than making anything more difficult. BFL for this game will be Electabuzz (if this is deemed cheating because he doesn't have the option to evolve, I will swap to Seel).

The first update will come soon.

Years
UPDATE
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

BOX
Spoiler:

DEPARTED
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
UPDATE #3

My team and I confront our first challenge: Sprout Tower. It proves to not be much of a challenge as Kyuubi and Specs easily handle the Bellsprouts we encounter, and the few trainers with Hoothoots are taken care of by Joplin. After defeating the Elder we are deemed ready to challenge Falkner. I decide to bring Kyuubi and Joplin with me for this battle. The first fight is Kyuubi vs Falkner's Pidgey. Pidgey causes some trouble with Sand attack, but Kyuubi keeps up an assault of quick-attacks, and eventually takes it down. The next fight is Joplin vs Pidgeotto. Despite being Falkner's ace, it is taken down quickly by Joplin's rock throw. And so we quickly earn our first badge. Upon leaving the gym, I get a call from Elm, who informs us that he's giving us the egg from earlier. Now with my team being 3+an egg, I head south, my next stop being Azalea town. On the way, we find a Mareep that had lost its herd, so we brought it along with us and named him Fleece. (he won't be able to evolve :( ).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Minor Update: We made it to Azalea town after trekking through Union cave. Next update will cover our encounter with Team Rocket and challenging the 2nd gym.

Team So Far
Spoiler:

Years
In the Last Episode:
Spoiler:

Episode 5:
Spoiler:

Team Recap:
Spoiler:
Boxed:
Spoiler:
Departures:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
UPDATE # Whatever

Upon reaching Azalea town I learned that Team Rocket was chopping off slowpoke tails at slowpoke well. Since I find that to be really fucking dark for a pokemon game, I decided to do something about it. I was briefly accompanied by Kurt, before he....tripped or something and was taken out of the fight. Sure, make the ten year old do everything. Anyways Fleece and Kyuubi cleaned house, leaving only the Rocket Exec in charge of the cave operation. Again, these rockets put up very little of a fight. While freeing all of the Slowpokes however, we found one that seemed uninterested in staying in the town. Odd behavior for a Slowpoke, but I decided that I would bring her along with us, and named her LaZ (pronounced Lazy). After some training in the well, I decided we were ready for our second gym challenge.

I decided I would use Kyuubi, Specs, and Joplin, as they all had advantages on bug types. Getting through the gym trainers wasn't too tough. Then came the actual battle with Bugsy. I started off with Kyuubi, and he sent his Scyther. I had hoped that Kyuubi could steamroll this gym with Ember but Scyther got a quick attack in that did more damage that I was comfortable with. So I switched in Joplin and crushed him easily with Rock throw. 4x effectiveness ftw. Kyuubi and Specs cleaned up Bugsy's Metapod and Kakuna with ease. I'm hoping that the next few gyms provide more of a challenge. Anyway, we got our 2nd badge, and decided to head through Ilex forest. However before we could leave, we encountered Jackass again. Of course he had to battle us, I think he may be a masochist. Anyway the first fight was Specs vs Gastly. HE was probably all smug thinking he had an advantage but I'd had the Foresight to let Specs keep Foresight on its moveset, and annihilated him with Uproar. Next up was his Croconaw. I was hoping that Fleece could handle him due to his type advantage, but Croconaw was just a much higher level. Fortunately Fleece got him to a low enough hp that Kyuubi could finish him with quick attack. His Zubat didn't do much better. As he left I felt a kick from inside the Eg. It must be hatching soon! Anyway, next time, we'll head into the forest.

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Blue
Optional Rules/Tweaks?: I'll be hacking in Rhyhorn as my Bro For Life and enabling trade evolutions.

Years
POKEMON ANIME CHALLENGE-LEAF GREEN-Part 1
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
I'm still going, but here's my progress so far.

Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

Back