• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHESS YALL - The Tabletop Gaming Lounge

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
if you're really desperate for another play then you can count me in. however, these next three days are gonna be busy for me if you don't mind. side note: i probably haven't played chess in 6/7 years so i basically suck.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
It's the account that costs money.

You lost me. Making an account and playing games is free with pogo. There are exclusives that you have to pay for, but chess is free. And a few of the others that are on there that we'd be looking at are free such as Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk, Yahtzee, Battleship etc. etc. If there's a game we decide to play that costs money, we can always just find another site to use.

Years
You lost me. Making an account and playing games is free with pogo. There are exclusives that you have to pay for, but chess is free. And a few of the others that are on there that we'd be looking at are free such as Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk, Yahtzee, Battleship etc. etc. If there's a game we decide to play that costs money, we can always just find another site to use.

Strange, my old account cost me money.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
if you're really desperate for another play then you can count me in. however, these next three days are gonna be busy for me if you don't mind. side note: i probably haven't played chess in 6/7 years so i basically suck.

Sure. I think I'll be free enough to participate.

Sure, I'm not that good at chess, but count me in.

Well you know I'm in haha
I love chess xD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SIGN ME UP BOOOOYS. I am not a chess master, but I love it. :D

Alrighty we've got an even number and I've made a bracket! We'll be going at this round robin style to make sure everyone gets an equal chance. To get started you can either post here or vm/pm your opponents for round 1 and then once everyone gets done with those matches we'll move on to round 2 and then round 3, 4, 5.

Here is the bracket http://challonge.com/ChessIsYes

Years
I'm just messaging H.A.N. about our match now, I'll let you know how it goes once we get around to playing.

Edit: We'll be playing our game around the 11th

Last edited:
Years
In the meantime while we wait for round one to finish, can we shift the topic to games we've picked up recently?

I picked up Weiss Schwarz a couple weeks ago and am trying to find room in my schedule to play it with the other people I got into it with as well as finding a way to make it to a local league some nights so I can make sure we're playing correctly.

Anyone else picked up a new tabletop game of some kind? Or getting back into something you were previously into?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Honey's been evading my challenge :P

A couple of weeks ago the skype group I found finally managed to get into the first session of our silver age sentinels game. And hopefully next week I'll be able to get back into played the d20 that my friend created. He put it on hold so we could play another game he made back in january, and then since then I haven't been going because of my great grandma's stroke.

Pretty hyped to get back to doing all that fun stuff, I've already got a new character made who's basically a monk who has the power to naturally negate magic and other powers.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
i may have or may not have gotten checkers confused with chess in regards to how men are taken.. i thought you had to jump over to take men, it was rough. i went strong for a good four minutes though. gg sonata

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Honey's a goober. But hopefully she'll have better luck in the next round :P just waitin' on the pie and H.A.N. and we can get goin.

Years
Honey's been evading my challenge :P

A couple of weeks ago the skype group I found finally managed to get into the first session of our silver age sentinels game. And hopefully next week I'll be able to get back into played the d20 that my friend created. He put it on hold so we could play another game he made back in january, and then since then I haven't been going because of my great grandma's stroke.

Pretty hyped to get back to doing all that fun stuff, I've already got a new character made who's basically a monk who has the power to naturally negate magic and other powers.

MONK OP PLS NERF.

How is a superhero d20 like? I've never played a superhero one.

And what sorts of games has your friend been designing?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
MONK OP PLS NERF.

How is a superhero d20 like? I've never played a superhero one.

And what sorts of games has your friend been designing?

We use two d10s for all of our actions so a crit success and crit fail are 2 or 20. It gives a little more fairness to players who get crappy rolls like me. And then there's only 3 stats; body mind and soul. Body is for physical things obviously, soul is for most power based things like heat vision, shapeshifting, magic etc, and then mind is for pretty much everything else. It's pretty fun, but our gm has prtty much bailed on us.

My friend made his own system and his own world, gods, etc etc. It's completely from scratch and I could never do something like it haha. There's too much to remember. He's got 4 installations for the game so far.

Back