• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Hi, I'm a Fairy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What are your plans for your BDay? Mine are to lay at home and sleep.
Good god, if I could do that, I would be soooo happy lol. But I'll probably have a nice day out with people. My mother-in-law is a great baker and, as I mentioned in an above post, my dad supports my Pokemon card habit so, who knows? ;)

Do you agree with me that Korrina is hot? X3 (nice to see another girly girl les person on here *high fives ya*)
Yes and yes.
R852Mg6.png

Last edited:
Years
How did you started to like the fairy type?
Do you have been into other forums before you joined pokecommunity?
You consider yourself too much positive?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
How did you started to like the fairy type?
Do you have been into other forums before you joined pokecommunity?
You consider yourself too much positive?

The moment they were announced! I've always liked fae and folklore like that. Their mischievousness and playfulness. The connection with nature and magic. It's something I've always felt drawn to and intrigued by, since there's such a unique duality to them. I don't necessarily relate to the spirituality of fairies, but I love what their contemporaries represent. :)

I have been on other pokemon forums! But I'm not active at all, haha. PC was the first forum I ever joined!

This is a tough question for me. I don't believe I'm actually a positive person offline. I'm anxious and nihilistic and tend to catastrophize things. I'm also a little catty! I only project the positivity and light hearted naivity I wish I had onto PC and my online persona. Is that identity too positive? Probably. But I enjoy being online in a medium in which I can respond to things with time and thoughtfulness so my immediate, innate cynacism doesn't show through. I like pretending to be a bubbly, optimistic person. I like being happy and making other people happy. I'm afraid that is not something I can do with ease offline.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
What are "body mods" exactly?

Favorite drink(s)?
Body modifications! Can be temporary things like hair dying or more permanent things like piercings or tattoos. They can get pretty extreme like dermal implants and tongue forking. I've got a few!

Favorite drink is probably apple juice! I like strawberry milk too.

Since when you do art?
I've always done art! It's been an intrinsic part of my life since my earliest memories. It was only a few years ago that it really stopped being a hobby and started being a job for me, though. :)

My image of Sylveon is forever tarnished...
c2OkIvf.png

bwahahaha

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
tumblr_inline_p9x5fvq2YH1qmb63e_100.gif

Hi pal. So, question, what's your favourite thing to eat? Because I think I totally forgotten if you've already said so.

tumblr_inline_p9x5fuDon11qmb63e_100.gif

Also, what's your favourite game to play? It's Monster Hunter, right?

Final question: We are both like Ying and Yang... why do we get along so well? Like seriously in another life, we might of been like brother and sister

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While Sylveon is your spirit animal, does that imply it's your favorite Fairy Type or do you happen to like another Fairy Type Pokemon even more?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Hi pal. So, question, what's your favourite thing to eat? Because I think I totally forgotten if you've already said so.

tumblr_inline_p9x5fuDon11qmb63e_100.gif

Also, what's your favourite game to play? It's Monster Hunter, right?

Final question: We are both like Ying and Yang... why do we get along so well? Like seriously in another life, we might of been like brother and sister

I have too many things I love to eat, haha. I'd have to rank sushi pretty high up there though!

Yup! Right now it's Monster Hunter. But Animal Crossing is also a close favorite. So is Pokemon X/Y!

Well I think you said it perfectly. We are the yin and yang. The day and the night. The everything and the nothing. We simply could not exist without one another. <33

While Sylveon is your spirit animal, does that imply it?s your favorite Fairy Type or do you happen to like another Fairy Type Pokemon even more?

Good question! Sylveon is actually my favorite Fairy, but I've gotta give some love to Clefable, Aromatisse, Alolan Ninetales, and Diance. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
what do u think of an unconditional basic income (basic income guarantee),
so for example every citizen gets like 1k bucks every month guaranteed

don't know if it was already discussed in here and i got no idea where to put it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
what do u think of an unconditional basic income (basic income guarantee),
so for example every citizen gets like 1k bucks every month guaranteed

don't know if it was already discussed in here and i got no idea where to put it
XLw5mwq.png

Never thought I'd get asked a question like this, haha. Definitely nothing along these lines have been asked yet!

Personally, I would love to receive 1k every month guaranteed. (Actually I kind of do considering I rent out property but that certainly isn't "free money"). :p

But I don't really think it's feasible for the US.

How did you started to get interested in art?
What is your favorite color?
If you could stop an apocalypse, what would you do first?

I've always been interested in art! It's how I've always expressed myself non-verbally, so it's just been second nature to me.

PINK

Good question! The memer in my says grab my cricket bat. But realistically I would probably be one of the quicker ones to die, lol. I'm one of those "lay down and be resigned to my fate" types. Or I'd just go 100% hedonist and writhe in all of the awful things I've been suppressing for the past decade. >:D
JvuDg66.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
This is a bit personal so I?d understand if you decline to answer but you stated you?re a recovering Heroin/Opioid addict. May I ask what caused you to get into such drugs and what advice would you have for those considering ?trying? such drugs?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
This is a bit personal so I?d understand if you decline to answer but you stated you?re a recovering Heroin/Opioid addict. May I ask what caused you to get into such drugs and what advice would you have for those considering ?trying? such drugs?

Not a problem. I posted it in my OP because I'm comfortable with talking about it. I've been sober for many years now and have made peace with the things in my past. I'm glad people like you are willing to open a dialog about it even though it's uncomfortable.

I originally got into opiates as a rather benign escalation of doing progressively harder drugs as a teenager. It started as youthful indiscretion, I'd picked up smoking a bit of weed, drinking, you're normal stuff. But, the pills were readily available to me and I have a highly addictive personality. Combine that with a severe lack of self esteem, newly divorced parents, penchant for escapism, and some crazy daddy issues, and it quickly progressed into my first recreational pill popping! I had a 300mg oxy habit for a long time. I also live dangerously close to one of the busiest and most active drug trafficking ports in America, so the supply was easy. Anyway, after some time I couldn't afford the pills anymore and jumped ship to heroin. it was that simple. Got arrested. Life was destroyed. And I made the choice to get sober and do something with my life.

As for advice I could give? Well, there's three places you end up when you're using. In a hospital, in jail, or in a body bag. These three things are unconditional, universal, and absolute. Sadly though, it's something already well known by anyone already taking them. Through experience I can say that this simple post here won't stop anyone from doing a damn thing. Taking drugs is a choice, but becoming addicted is not. Addiction is a symptom of a much grander, more nuanced problem that I cannot begin to fathom in another person. Who am I to try to sway anyone when I don't know their story? People are extremely complex. And, while I had my reasons for making the choices I did, it's not my place to determine what other people do. All I can do is share my experience and be present for anyone who does want help.

Though I guess I can give y'all practical tips like opiates make you itch like CRAZY which is something they don't tell you during the whole "heroin kills" essay. So yeah.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
When you couldn?t afford the pills, did you contemplate doing violent crime/robbery to feed your addiction(same for Heroin)? I don?t normally bring up personal issues, notably my own, but seeing as you?ve been up front about something that I?d deem off limits until much later in my life, I figure I?ll share something that just happened to me last night.

I walked over to a local pizza chain(Little Caesar?s, probably heard of it?) and I was wearing a Hawaii shirt my brother got me during his trip there for his Honeymoon. Anyways, as I?m walking up to the door, a heavy set Indian guy comes up and sucker punches me thinking my shirt was military. Repeatedly battered me until he ran off. I call the cops and find out this guy has a major screw loose and is a meth addict. Furthermore he?s known by local authorities, hence he?s got a record longer than I?d tolerate as a citizen. Anyways, my question to you is at what point do you say enough is enough and a person with a Drug problem shouldn?t see the light of day? Namely if you had committed crimes, how long would you throw yourself in jail and at what point would you revoke the right to be a free citizen?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
When you couldn?t afford the pills, did you contemplate doing violent crime/robbery to feed your addiction(same for Heroin)? I don?t normally bring up personal issues, notably my own, but seeing as you?ve been up front about something that I?d deem off limits until much later in my life, I figure I?ll share something that just happened to me last night.
Yes. I've done that and much worse and I've made amends to those I've hurt physically, financially, and emotionally. I don't want to go into much detail.. only because I really don't think it's appropriate for a Pokemon forum plus now we're talking about the other people who got caught in the crossfire of my addiction. It's not fair to them.

I don't think people really understand the gravity of what you as an addict are willing to do to get your next fix. There's this preconceived notion that junkies are only violent to get "high". I, and people like me, couldn't find that further from the truth. Well into my addiction I had stopped getting "high". I would wake up feeling so fucking awful that the moment I got a dose, I'd be at my new normal. Then I could go about life like usual, pretending I didn't have a problem. It was achieving that normal that drove me to do awful things. Not an ambition to escape.

I walked over to a local pizza chain(Little Caesar?s, probably heard of it?) and I was wearing a Hawaii shirt my brother got me during his trip there for his Honeymoon. Anyways, as I?m walking up to the door, a heavy set Indian guy comes up and sucker punches me thinking my shirt was military. Repeatedly battered me until he ran off. I call the cops and find out this guy has a major screw loose and is a meth addict. Furthermore he?s known by local authorities, hence he?s got a record longer than I?d tolerate as a citizen. Anyways, my question to you is at what point do you say enough is enough and a person with a Drug problem shouldn?t see the light of day? Namely if you had committed crimes, how long would you throw yourself in jail and at what point would you revoke the right to be a free citizen?
Then you've had an encounter first hand with someone looking to avoid those same withdrawal symptoms. I'm sorry that happened to you.

That's an extremely complicated question because I can't tackle it without dissecting America's contemporary views on drug use and the philosophy of recovery. But, what I can say is that everyone else thought I was beyond redemption too. And here I am, paying taxes, working, getting married, and living as a productive human being. However, while I do believe certain sensitivities should be applied to those first-time offending addicts who want to recover in terms of available treatment, there are also points where your crimes deserve to be punished to the furthest extent of the law. Addiction is not an excuse for anything and it's paramount to recovery to learn to acknowledge those mistakes, own them, and be better. If that means that the crimes one has committed deserve life imprisonment decided by a judge, than so be it. But it is neither black and white nor for me to make a decision on.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
v6EcHi4.jpg

Reasoning:

Grass: I just like Bulbasaur and honestly is my favorite Grass starter
Fire: I love Vulpix....
Water: I was going to choose Squirtle since its my favorite Water starter but Lapras won me over back during Orange Islands Arc. Also is a fitting Surf/Rider Pokemon.
Normal Type: Eevee is well... awesome.
Electric: Can anyone really beat Pikachu?
Psychic: Meowstic kind of won me over in X/Y.
Fighting: Hariyama is the definition of FIghting types in my book.
Rock: Kabutops was a bad-ass Rock Type from Generation 1 that gets lost in subsequent generations.
Ground: Being a pure ground type, Sandshrew is to this day my favorite. Underrated Pokemon too.
Flying: Pidgeot is one of the best Flying Types and I'm still waiting on Ash to visit his.
Bug: Butterfree was the first Bug Type I came to love and like with Pidgeot... waiting on it to return.
Poison: Not fond of Poison Types but Nidoqueen is one of my favorites.
Dark: Umbreon hands down. Design is sick and it can fight too.
Ghost: Gengar is what started it all and I haven't found another one to be better.
Ice: Did I mention I love Vulpix? Yeah... enough said.
Steel: Like with Poison, Steel types don't appeal to me but Steelix isn't that bad.
Dragon: One Like, One Hug for Turtonator
Fairy: Sylveon is hands down my favorite. Still salty that Ash hasn't caught a Fairy Type yet, much less an Eevee.

*Cough* You do this way back then when it was a thing? Keep in mind I did this before Sun and Moon and me knowing about Alolan Vulpix and it?s Evolution(which is part Fairy). I don?t own the games so.... yeah lol. Even so... I might still give the edge to Sylveon if only because I prefer Vulpix more.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
...I swear I was going to ask you to do ^that chart the other day before our conversation went places instead.

Back