• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny TCG Cards!

qweenkobra

Legend Tamer
Years
So recently when they had the Shining Legends Booster Packs, I got a lot of the shinies in those. I've been wondering if anyone has pulled any shinies in packs other than the Shining Legends? If so, what did you get? I am so curious.

Years
So recently when they had the Shining Legends Booster Packs, I got a lot of the shinies in those. I've been wondering if anyone has pulled any shinies in packs other than the Shining Legends? If so, what did you get? I am so curious.

A few different sets have had shiny forms as secret rares over the years, though they weren't labeled with anything like "Shining" or whatever. They were secret rare versions of cards previously printed in other sets with the Pokemon's shiny art instead.

On a related note, Japan is apparently getting a set where every GX card in it has a shiny version of the Pokemon on the card instead of the normal version.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh yeah, I remember those! I have the complete set of "shining" cards from the Neo Revelation / Destiny sets (plus the misprinted Shining Tyranitar!). Like Donavannj said, later on Wizards released a batch of Ultra Rare shiny Pokemon cards - I'm fairly sure from the Platinum generation? I know there was Ponyta, Milotic, Drifloon, Yanma, Relicanth.. and a bunch others that I don't remember. It's been a while lol.

but sadly, I've never pulled a Shinging Legends. :( I would kill a man for that Shiny Jirachi though, it looks so damn adorable!

Years
Oh yeah, I remember those! I have the complete set of "shining" cards from the Neo Revelation / Destiny sets (plus the misprinted Shining Tyranitar!). Like Donavannj said, later on Wizards released a batch of Ultra Rare shiny Pokemon cards - I'm fairly sure from the Platinum generation? I know there was Ponyta, Milotic, Drifloon, Yanma, Relicanth.. and a bunch others that I don't remember. It's been a while lol.

but sadly, I've never pulled a Shinging Legends. :( I would kill a man for that Shiny Jirachi though, it looks so damn adorable!

Minor nitpick: Wizards hasn't been handling the worldwide printing and distribution of the cards since 2002. It's been all The Pokemon Company International since the first set of 2003.

Looking at it with a clearer mind, the Platinum ones were more specifically: DP Stormfront, Platinum base set, Platinum Supreme Victors, and Platinum Arceus, with Platinum Rising Rivals not having any for some reason. These were numbered SH1 through SH12 across the 4 sets.

Might as well list the rest while I'm here:

Also HGSS has a Gyarados secret rare that has the shiny form. And Call of Legends has 11 secret rares numbered with SL1 through SL11.

All of the Gold Star cards from Team Rocket Returns until the last EX set use shiny art.

Next Destinies brings back shiny form secret rares again in the Black & White era, and that continues on through to Plasma Blast. Deep into XY, Breakthrough has a secret rare Gyarados EX that uses the shiny form, and that's the last shiny in a set before Shining Legends hit.

And going back to the Wizards era, Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny had secret rares with Shining in their name.

I think there are a handful of promos with shiny art as well, but those are way less easy to pick out from a list of promos than secret rares are from a set (secret rares are basically always the last cards in the set numerically).

I have several myself, but a lot of the older ones I have I bought as singles because I didn't have the money for packs when they were released. Like my Gold Star Esepon that I bought off a neighbor and neither of us really knew what he had.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh shoot you're totally right. I always say Wizard's out of habit. Sorry for the misinformation!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Minor nitpick: Wizards hasn't been handling the worldwide printing and distribution of the cards since 2002. It's been all The Pokemon Company International since the first set of 2003.

Looking at it with a clearer mind, the Platinum ones were more specifically: DP Stormfront, Platinum base set, Platinum Supreme Victors, and Platinum Arceus, with Platinum Rising Rivals not having any for some reason. These were numbered SH1 through SH12 across the 4 sets.

Might as well list the rest while I'm here:

Also HGSS has a Gyarados secret rare that has the shiny form. And Call of Legends has 11 secret rares numbered with SL1 through SL11.

All of the Gold Star cards from Team Rocket Returns until the last EX set use shiny art.

Next Destinies brings back shiny form secret rares again in the Black & White era, and that continues on through to Plasma Blast. Deep into XY, Breakthrough has a secret rare Gyarados EX that uses the shiny form, and that's the last shiny in a set before Shining Legends hit.

And going back to the Wizards era, Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny had secret rares with Shining in their name.

I think there are a handful of promos with shiny art as well, but those are way less easy to pick out from a list of promos than secret rares are from a set (secret rares are basically always the last cards in the set numerically).

I have several myself, but a lot of the older ones I have I bought as singles because I didn't have the money for packs when they were released. Like my Gold Star Esepon that I bought off a neighbor and neither of us really knew what he had.

A minor nitpick of my own, Azumarril in Steam Siege uses the shiny artwork, I think Bisharp, M Gardevoir EX and M Steelix EX do too

Arma

The Hyena
Years
A minor nitpick of my own, Azumarril in Steam Siege uses the shiny artwork, I think Bisharp, M Gardevoir EX and M Steelix EX do too
I thought all the "dual typed"
Pokemon in Steam Siege used the shiny art? I got the Bisharp and Azumarill myself, dunno bout the others tbh.

Back