Who do you think will be the antagonists?

Started by NipahRika September 16th, 2021 1:34 PM
  • 9 replies

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
182 posts
60 Days
Truly cannot think of anything or anybody besides perhaps finding out this is how Team Galactic was founded.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796

Flowerchild

reload the page

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
8,525 posts
11.5 Years
I'd honestly really like it if there weren't any, besides possibly Arceus itself and the Pokemon going berserk. This is a wild untamed world that's a struggle just to survive in, it doesn't need a human conflict to be compelling. And knowing how formulaic GF is at writing human conflicts, I'm hoping for the lack of one even more.

Also I figured the originators of Team Galactic would be the protagonists, hence Galaxy Expedition Team. Maybe their vision became warped over time.
PairFamilyPalArt

adventure

they/them
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
35,938 posts
13.9 Years
I'd honestly really like it if there weren't any, besides possibly Arceus itself and the Pokemon going berserk. This is a wild untamed world that's a struggle just to survive in, it doesn't need a human conflict to be compelling. And knowing how formulaic GF is at writing human conflicts, I'm hoping for the lack of one even more.

Also I figured the originators of Team Galactic would be the protagonists, hence Galaxy Expedition Team. Maybe their vision became warped over time.
omg yes i had the same thought actually, but sadly i don't trust the pokémon game makers to come up with such a compelling story/twist d:

NipahRika

Age 30
Female
USA
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
182 posts
60 Days
'team mean' They don't let arceus participate in any reindeer games
Big sad for Arceus! I am betting Arceus and the berserk mons would be the villains this time if they don't do a 'team'.

omg yes i had the same thought actually, but sadly i don't trust the pokémon game makers to come up with such a compelling story/twist d:
Agreed. I don't trust Gamefreak or whoever to make a good story or plot twist and turn.
Switch FC: 6546-0842-6796

ZeoStar

Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
I was actually thinking about arceus being the villain before making a silly post.

JRPG's love doing the corrupt evil god storyline. I don't think it's ever been done for Pokemon. I guess giratina would be more fitting in this role, but maybe they could introduce some sort of new form for arceus and giratina, maybe ancestral.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

adventure

they/them
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
35,938 posts
13.9 Years
I was actually thinking about arceus being the villain before making a silly post.

JRPG's love doing the corrupt evil god storyline. I don't think it's ever been done for Pokemon. I guess giratina would be more fitting in this role, but maybe they could introduce some sort of new form for arceus and giratina, maybe ancestral.
Wasn't Arceus kinda mean in its movie? That's anime though c:

For games, PMD are exceptions with Dialga. But also exceptions in that the plot was nice.

ZeoStar

Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Wasn't Arceus kinda mean in its movie? That's anime though c:

For games, PMD are exceptions with Dialga. But also exceptions in that the plot was nice.
I never watched many of the pokemon movies aside from the one with the talking volcanion, our pre-algebra teacher randomly played the evil mewtwo movie so i'm familiar with that too. I don't think mewtwo was god or anything. He was so powerful though, it wouldn't surprise me if he was an equal or something.

Mystery Dungeon does have great storylines. The mainline games do not compare, but i think potential exists.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

Dawn

None
Seen 25 Minutes Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
I suspect it'll be Cyrus' ancestor running a group behind the scenes, because Game Freak don't have a shred of originality and they'll have to fit their Gen III narrative into the game somehow.

That said, I'd love it if the protagonist was the antagonist, at least from a historical perspective - maybe your actions in the game could do something that would cause the foundation of Team Galactic. Without any kind of historical misinterpretation. It'd make a change to play as the villain for once.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩