• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
strikeout -> already done
bold -> current working
normal -> next working

about the kurtz twins glitch, it's gettin' worse. now i was in the victory road, i go back out and went to violet city, the union cave, lapras, slowpoke well, scientist, then kurtz. (just to let u know my process, dunno if it's truly relevant)
i go in with my lone blue apricorn. see around, no kurtz's brother in the house. talk to kurtz, give him the apricorn. take a step right! kurt'z brother has come from under the table and is working!
maybe the bug is always there (not only for me) but you all haven't noticed it cause u need to go one step right to see kurtz's working place? check.

then i've 3 place with tiles problem: 2 solid block that shouldn't be solid (they'r grass and empty space) one in the route north of the first route (coming from the dragon city, in the two camping guys little square, under the headbutt tree), one in the route to victory road (in the big grass area around the weekly family house, in the up-left corner, the two grass tiles partially covered by the tree); and some reflecting rocks tiles in mt mortar (they are rock but there's the water-like reflex). tell me if u need screenshots.

just a thing: the victory road. that's AWESOME. i think i'm gonna cry when i'll finally reach the exit. nice job guy. ;)

EDIT: a thing for the shiny script. if it can help, if u use continue (i didn't, using the emulator's istant saving) it's shot off. if you can't set the flag when losing against the gyarados, maybe some kind of save-and-restart like the E4's one?

P.s. i didn't cry :D but now i'v rescued the girl on s.s.aqua... and i'm gonna cry again XD u'r a f***in genius zel ^^

EDIT2: only for zel (may spoil :P)
Spoiler:

and (i haven't read this in the other bugs) a lot of warps in caverns and likely (special warps and stairs) don't stop you so u'r warped while still walking (just an oddity)

EDIT3: it's normal all those bugged tiles right of the snorlax in the beta? O_O

Well, there are some things that seem to be bugs (the Kurt thing I'll have to investigate it, it's quite a long script, so there can be some errors, I know)

Tiling stuff, meh... And blocking stuff, well, I'll check them out.

I'll do something to fix the shiny error (though why seems like it doesn't call the setting off of the shiny flag is something really misterious to me... I think I may have an idea of something that could fix it... although, since I never found this problem, I'll not be sure about it)

The warping thing is fine, believe it or not. I'll be that way, tile changing stuff... :(

No comments about the EDIT3, pretty obvious that I haven't worked on that route...

I have a qustion by any chance will you change the pokemart music to R/S/E song or possibly the D/P version of it, becuase if I remember correctly the stores actually had the towns song(the town you happen to be in)in the original game. Becuase so far like firered youve been using the pokecenter song. Just wondering.

I think I was following the FR-style for the Marts (I think it plays the FR's PC BGM, but I may change it in the future)

hey zel, i have shiny gold for gameboy advance (don't ask how) and it won't save, and the map is all messed up.

I don't really care if you have the pirate version. Sorry.

Hey, Zel, I was just wondering are you going to make Mt. Moon all one level like in gold or will you keep all three levels and use the lower ones for an event or make one of them into that summit mart thing?

Nope, I like (besides scripting), mapping complicated caves and that kind of stuff, so expect a totally different Mt.Moon this time. It's still not decided how it would look, because I'm far away of reaching that place in my Gold.

Hey, what about Mew and Jirachi?

They have their events (last time in the old thread I posted they'd have an event in common, but I decided to change my mind)

By the way, regarding Jirachii...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
I'll do something to fix the shiny error (though why seems like it doesn't call the setting off of the shiny flag is something really misterious to me... I think I may have an idea of something that could fix it... although, since I never found this problem, I'll not be sure about it)

maybe u setflag only after the battle, so if you lose it isn't (set? sat? setted? WTF is the past participle XD). some kind of setflag also in the lose battle is possible? dunno. be sure also to check what happen if u ran away (u can, if i remember well)

also, it's normal u can run away from the electrode in team rocket's hideout in mahogany? (the one u have to shoot off)

more... ah, may be okay, just know that in the next travel by s.s.aqua, each time u sleep, it says "we'r arrived ecc. ecc.". IMHO it isn't a problem, it's only a second call for late passengers ^_^
and the sailor that send u looking for the other, in the next travels keeps saying "thx guy, ... ... a small girl? maybe she passed ecc. ecc.". that's may need updating

i pleeeeease you! call a sailor "Popeye" XD
Spoiler:

EDIT1:
It seems that the girl and the Slowpoke (old scripts) are still present somewhere in Cerulean (I've yet to find find them, because the only place I think they are is in a place unreachable with the exception of walk through walls cheats, thus making the bug invalid)

what's the problem with this? can someone explain? cos in my beta there are a girl and a slowpoke at cerulean, and they'r in front of the PC ?_?

Last edited:

shutupplz

Da MetaLova
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2008
wait, i cant find the beta 5... its august 19th, and ive finished thhe beta 4. i need to get to the elite. how can i do that?

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
where does beta 2 end? someone said olivine, but i just wanted to check

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I just wanted to ask a few more things (I know I'm being really annoying, I hope I stop soon)
1.) Will Cinnabar still be intact or destroyed my the volcano?
2.) Will the Viridian gym leader still be Blue?
3.) Will the Safari zone in Fuchsia still be active or closed?
4.) Just a wild guess, but Janine is in for Koga, right?
5.) Can you make it possible to purchase a master ball for 9999 Game coins?

There are a couple of Q's in the spoiler that could also be suggestions. So feel free to take, ignore, modify, etc. as you wish.

Spoiler:

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
I just wanted to ask a few more things (I know I'm being really annoying, I hope I stop soon)

There are a couple of Q's in the spoiler that could also be suggestions. So feel free to take, ignore, modify, etc. as you wish.

Spoiler:

Well even though I'm not Zel (or any part of the staff for that matter), I'll still answer some of your questions for you.

2&3) Yes. These two were talked about in the old thread.
4) Yeah, she's a filler for Koga, just like in the original Gold version.

Hope this helps for until Zel comes to answer all the questions.

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
I dont know where to download it. where can i do that?

Sorry if I sound rude, but will you look at what Zach805 told you 2 times? There is no beta 5, yet you are asking where beta 5 is in the title of your post. So PLEASE stop asking where b5 is, it's not out yet.

Meh, I'm just wondering when the final version will be out, it'd be great... (Not asking for a release date, though, if you're implying that)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023

Spoiler:
1) Destroyed by the volcano
2) Yes
3) Active
4) Yes
5) I can't answer this one but probably not.
6) Red will be at Mt.Silver as in the original and if you want him to be harder try Shiny Gold X

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OMNIPOTENT: It's normal that you can run away (in fact, you can run away from any pokemon... including legendaries! Obviously that's not something I'd like to have... But I don't know how to make battles with no run option)

By the way, I think in the original Gold that Sailor really wasn't updated either... I cannot confirm this anymore, so if there is someone else playing Gold, PM me this information, thanks

scythemaster: Yes, the old Beta2 ended up at Olivine, and you couldn't enter the Lighthouse or go to Olivine, or go to Route42 (which means no Mahogany and so on)

Necrod: Don't get Offtopic that often...

girifarig: Zach answered everything correctly, so the only that needs a small confirmation is that no, I'm not putting a Master Ball as a Game Corner prize (if there are people with a good memory on this community, they may remember that I once spoke about something about the Master Balls, check the old thread if you want to remember XP)

Well, I did some retouchs on my scripts, fixing stuff that I wanted to perfectionate a little (for example, the disappearance of the ball at the beginning :P)
And, I also took care of the Kurt cloning glitch, though all I found is that whenever you gave an Apricorn to Kurt, as soon as you take a step, the clone shows up (I'll update my list so it is not mentioned anymore)

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
It's normal that you can run away (in fact, you can run away from any pokemon... including legendaries! Obviously that's not something I'd like to have... But I don't know how to make battles with no run option)
Why don't make some of the battle's like a trainer battle. Because if you're fighting a trainer, the option run is still there, even tough you're not able to run.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
If it was a trainer battle you would need the catch other trainers Pokemon cheat for it.

You're right. I totally forgot about that.

But isn't there a way to bypass it with scripting? I mean, Zel is able to add, for example, the bullet train script into this game. So he might be able to add/change some wild pokémon battles with the trainer limits.

It's just a theory I have. I really don't have the knowlegde for this act, so i don't know if it's going to work.

Last edited:
Years
Your right. I totally forgot about that.

But isn't there a way to bypass it with scripting? I mean, Zel is able to add, for example, the bullet train script into this game. So he might be able to add/change some wild pokémon battles with the trainer limits.

It's just a theory I have. I really don't have the knowlegde for this act, so i don't know if it's going to work.

On its own scripting has pretty restrictive limits. The bullet train, correct me if I'm wrong, is just the seagallop scene with changed tiles. I'm guessing that changing a trainer battle could involve ASM hacking which I don't think is apart of Zel's skills list but I guess there is a chance that someone following this hack might have some idea on how to do it.

Back