The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Pokemon Birthsigns

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old January 9th, 2018 (5:04 PM).

for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
    ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen
    Attached Thumbnails
    ZMove.png‎  
    Attached Images

Old January 9th, 2018 (5:26 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
      for those who are using the zmove compatibility and ebs here are the toggle icons i quickly made for them

ZMove.png goes into graphics/pictures/EBS
      ZMove NG.png needs to be renamed to ZMove.png and it goes into graphics/pictures/EBS/nextGen
      Good stuff, im gonna use these myself.
      Old January 10th, 2018 (10:33 AM).

no problem after all youve done to get this cool script working correctly its the least i could do
        Old January 18th, 2018 (9:13 AM). Edited January 18th, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Minor Update 1/18/18: Legendary Breeding Compatibility
          This is a small update mostly to maintain compatibility across a few of my scripts. The only things that are affected are the core Birthsigns script and the typesEgg graphic located in the Birthsigns/Other graphics folder. I've also added a new optional script in the main post.
          • Fixed some of the item lists for transmutation with 'The Alchemist'.

• Added a few Gen 6 & 7 items to the transmutation list that I missed.

• Rolled in my new Legendary Breeding script into this project, so that hatched legendary species can enjoy all the benefits of Pokemon Birthsigns.

• Added a new script to the main post under the Optional section. This is a replacement for the PBEggGroups script, to add the new Egg Groups required for Legendary Breeding.

• Updated the typeEgg graphic in the Birthsigns Folder so that the appropriate egg groups will be displayed on legendary species when the SHOW_EGG_GROUPS toggle is set to "true".

• Some slight updates to the Egg Group display code in the summary to allow for compatibility with everything.

EDIT: Removed the LEGENDARY_BREED toggle I added with this update. It just added an unnecessary extra step.
          Old January 21st, 2018 (5:45 AM).

so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?
            Old January 21st, 2018 (6:10 AM). Edited January 21st, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
              so with this newest update do we still need to install the legendary breed system seperate or is it now all integrated?
              If you installed the new version, then all the actual breeding mechanics are in place. However, nothing will actually take effect until you add the new egg groups to your PBEggGroups script, and make the appropriate changes to your PBS files. Both of which can be found in the instructions of that thread.

I've also put the updated PBEggGroups script and added a link to it under the "optional" section of the main post in this thread.
              Old January 21st, 2018 (7:45 AM).

ok thats what i thought just wanted to make sure before messing around changing things if there not needed
                Old February 2nd, 2018 (12:11 PM).

quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it
                  Old February 2nd, 2018 (1:40 PM).

Quote:
                    quick question what does the trainers birthsign do or can we do anything with it
                    It doesn't do anything, it's just cosmetic. I may or may not do something with it at some future point, but I don't have any plans for it right now.
                    Old February 3rd, 2018 (1:34 AM).

ah shame would have been cool if we could use it similar to how we use pokemon birthsigns aswell
                      Old March 5th, 2018 (9:10 PM).

I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?
                        Old March 7th, 2018 (12:26 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Atlas22b View Post
                          I recently tried installing FL's Family Tree script with Birthsigns following your instructions from before, but they no longer seem to work and cause my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong, or are they no longer compatible?
                          That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.
                          Old March 7th, 2018 (6:31 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Lucidious89 View Post
                            That's super outdated from earlier versions of both our scripts. You don't need to do anything special to get the scripts to work together. Just install my script first, and then install his afterwards. Follow his instructions as he's written, except whenever he instructs you to change or add a line, change/add that line within the Birthsigns script instead of in the sections he listed. From what I see, almost everything he asks you to change in his instructions is found within the Birthsigns script.
                            Thanks so much! I finally got them to work together! XD Now for that Following Pokemon script...
                            Old March 9th, 2018 (8:14 PM). Edited March 9th, 2018 by Atlas22b.

How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D
                              Old March 10th, 2018 (1:17 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Atlas22b View Post
                                How do I make it so that all Pokemon have birthsigns, specifically gift and trade Pokemon? When I receive my starters, they don't have any birthsigns. (I have Wild Birthsigns set to true, btw.)

Thanks! =D
                                You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.
                                Old March 12th, 2018 (10:48 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Lucidious89 View Post
                                  You can just give the individual Pokemon a birthsign in the event script. Same way you set its stats, nature, shininess, etc. Check the coding section under the "Useful Things to Know" heading in the first post. I listed ways you can do this somewhere in there.
                                  Thanks a bunch! =D
                                  Old May 19th, 2018 (2:30 PM).

am i right in saying the trainer sign has no effect and can not be called?
                                    Old May 20th, 2018 (4:41 AM).

Quote:
                                      am i right in saying the trainer sign has no effect and can not be called?
                                      Right. It's just a cosmetic thing. I don't have any immediate plans or ideas to expand on it. Maybe I will at some point.
                                      Old May 20th, 2018 (9:59 PM).

ok fair enough
                                        Old June 21st, 2018 (11:19 AM).
                                        The Eternal Phoenix :.

Nature: Modest
                                          Amazing script! Im sure to use it in my own fan game, however I have a question, is it possible to randomize the birthsigns for all bred pokemon as well? If not maybe an option to add a sign for each day of the week, im an impatient person, having to wait a month for a new one or reset the game to a desirable one is slightly annoying ^^;
                                          It's cool if you can't, was just a small suggestion. It's tons of fun to play around with the birth sign powers!

Old June 21st, 2018 (5:40 PM). Edited June 21st, 2018 by Lucidious89.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Cephix View Post
                                            Amazing script! Im sure to use it in my own fan game, however I have a question, is it possible to randomize the birthsigns for all bred pokemon as well? If not maybe an option to add a sign for each day of the week, im an impatient person, having to wait a month for a new one or reset the game to a desirable one is slightly annoying ^^;
                                            It's cool if you can't, was just a small suggestion. It's tons of fun to play around with the birth sign powers!
                                            Yes, something like that is possible. First thing you have to do is locate this line in the Birthsigns script:
                                            Code:
                                            #=============================================================================
                                              # Applies corresponding Birthsign upon hatching
                                              pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon) if ZODIACSET!=0

From there, you can change it so that your hatched Pokemon inherit signs differently. If you'd like to change it so that hatched Pokemon inherit a random sign out of your zodiac, then you can change the line to this:
                                            Code:
                                            pokemon.setRandomZodiac if ZODIACSET!=0

Or, if you'd like them to inherit a random birthsign out of all possible birthsigns, regardless of zodiac, then you can change it to this:
                                            Code:
                                            pokemon.setRandomSign if ZODIACSET!=0

If you'd like something more specific, like linking specific signs to specific days of the month, you can do something like:
                                            Code:
                                            if ZODIACSET!=0
                                              pokemon.setBirthsign(1) if Time.now.day==0
                                              pokemon.setBirthsign(2) if Time.now.day==1
                                              pokemon.setBirthsign(3) if Time.now.day==2
                                              pokemon.setBirthsign(4) if Time.now.day==3
                                              pokemon.setBirthsign(5) if Time.now.day==4
                                              #...etc, etc
                                            end

You could also feasibly have different signs inheritable based on whether it's night or day when the egg is hatched, or combine several factors. Like say:
                                            Code:
                                            if ZODIACSET!=0
                                                if Time.now.mon==12
                                                  if Time.now.day==23
                                                    if isNight?
                                                      pokemon.setBirthsign(12)
                                                    else
                                                      pokemon.setBirthsign(30)
                                                    end
                                                  else
                                                    pokemon.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
                                                  end
                                                else
                                                  pokemon.setRandomZodiac
                                                end
                                              end
                                            This is a silly example, but with this you'd be able to have hatched Pokemon inherit 'The Wishmaker' sign on Christmas Eve during the nighttime, or 'The Alchemist' sign on Christmas Eve during the daytime, otherwise it will inherit whatever December's normal zodiac sign is....but every other month is random. But this gives you an idea on how flexible it can be if you really want to get complicated with it. However, I recommend keeping it simple, otherwise the mechanic starts to feel too cumbersome.

Play around with it, and see what works best for your game. I know waiting for a specific month of the year can be a bit of a pain if you want more leeway in your customization options, but this is why I added methods to get around this in my Events script add-on, as well as incorporating FL's Unreal Time script as an optional addition. Check those out too if you want more options.

Also it's worth keeping in mind that if you change how or when particular birthsigns are obtained, it's probably worth reflecting those changes in the Pokemon's birthsign page (in the Summary), as well as in the Birthsign Journal. Otherwise the player will have inaccurate information.
                                            Old July 4th, 2018 (3:27 AM). Edited July 4th, 2018 by Cephix.

Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.

Old July 5th, 2018 (3:49 AM).
                                              Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                Wow it's super cool! Settled with daily signs, that way people do have a way to pick their signs without waiting too long.

But there is no way to make wild encounters do the same is there?

Also when using the Zodiac Powers script together with the EliteBattleUI, when selecting moves it's completely blank. Even if I use the script to make it compatible. Tried all styles in the EliteBattleUI and when I picked the essentials style, I could at least see the moves but the selection arrows where one step above or something. Moves where highlighted a row above and the bottom row was completely grayed out.

It's mostly just a visual bug because I can still pick and choose attacks even if I don't see them.
                                                It should be possible to do the same thing with wild encounters. Find this section in the birthsigns script:
                                                Code:
                                                  # Birthsigns for wild encounters
                                                  if ZODIACSET!=0
                                                    if WILDBIRTHSIGNS==1
                                                      # Generates wild Pokemon with the current month's sign
                                                      genwildpoke.setZodiacsign(Time.now.mon)
                                                    elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==2
                                                      # Generates wild Pokemon with random zodiac signs
                                                      genwildpoke.setRandomZodiac
                                                    elsif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==3
                                                      # Generates wild Pokemon with completely random signs
                                                      genwildpoke.setRandomSign
                                                    else
                                                      # Generates wild Pokemon with no sign
                                                      genwildpoke.setBirthsign(0)
                                                    end
                                                  end
                                                And above "else" type in "elseif WILDBIRTHSIGNS==4", followed by the same code you used to incorporate daily signs for hatched Pokemon (except using "genwildpoke" instead of "pokemon").

Remember to set your WILDBIRTHSIGNS toggle to 4 at the top of the script afterwards.

As for the Zodiac Powers script, that's something I'll have to test out myself. I'm away from home for the week, so ill have to get back to you on that. It's possible Luka updated his EliteBattle script recently, and my compatibility script is out of date and needs to be changed.
                                                Old July 5th, 2018 (5:13 AM).

Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P

Old July 5th, 2018 (7:50 AM).
                                                  Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                    Works like a charm! Thanks a bunch! Is there a way to make one of the birthsign values to be random? There are 30 signs and for months with 31 days, I got atm it set to 0 which is no sign. Maybe a silly thing to have "a day of chaos" or something. :P
                                                    Yeah, use "setRandomSign", as shown in one of my examples in my first response to you.

Quick Reply