The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Z-Move Add On

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old June 1st, 2017 (2:17 AM).
pixie-powered judgment!

hello again!

a while ago we finished a z-move system and promised an add-on for Essentials. After a fair bit of testing, it's finally ready! You may use this add-on in your projects assuming credit is given per the included readme. Instructions and graphics can also be found in the download.

All of this is possible thanks to Reborn scripter Marcello's hard work; I'm just posting it here for him.

http://rebornevo.com/downloads/ZMoveAddOn.zip

This has been tested with Essentials 16.2. Please enjoy!

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 1st, 2017 (6:35 AM).
    ♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ O E A E A U E I O E A ♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ ♫

Nature: Jolly
      Magnificent! ^^
      Old June 1st, 2017 (10:28 AM).

I had two questions: you make reference to new moves in the scripts but moves like aurora veil havent been added to this script, do you have any plans for that?
        second question: there is a part in the script i fail to understand:

"getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
        next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FISTPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FIGHTINIUMZ2)
        next 2 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SKYPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FLYINIUMZ2)
        next 3 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:TOXICPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:POISONIUMZ2)
        next 4 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:EARTHPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GROUNDIUMZ2)
        next 5 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:STONEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ROCKIUMZ2)
        next 6 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:INSECTPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:BUGINIUMZ2)
        next 7 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SPOOKYPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GHOSTIUMZ2)
        next 8 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:IRONPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:STEELIUMZ2)
        next 10 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FLAMEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FIRIUMZ2)
        next 11 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SPLASHPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:WATERIUMZ2)
        next 12 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:MEADOWPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GRASSIUMZ2)
        next 13 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ZAPPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ELECTRIUMZ2)
        next 14 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:MINDPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PSYCHIUMZ2)
        next 15 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ICICLEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ICIUMZ2)
        next 16 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DRACOPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DRAGONNIUMZ2)
        next 17 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DREADPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DARKINIUMZ2)
        next 18 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PIXIEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FAIRIUMZ2)
        next 0
        }
        })

why skip next 9?
        Old June 1st, 2017 (10:41 AM).
        Not Bored

Quote:
        Originally Posted by maxobremer View Post
        I had two questions: you make reference to new moves in the scripts but moves like aurora veil havent been added to this script, do you have any plans for that?

next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FISTPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FIGHTINIUMZ2)
        next 2 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SKYPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FLYINIUMZ2)
        next 3 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:TOXICPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:POISONIUMZ2)
        next 4 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:EARTHPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GROUNDIUMZ2)
        next 5 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:STONEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ROCKIUMZ2)
        next 6 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:INSECTPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:BUGINIUMZ2)
        next 7 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SPOOKYPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GHOSTIUMZ2)
        next 8 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:IRONPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:STEELIUMZ2)
        next 10 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FLAMEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FIRIUMZ2)
        next 11 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SPLASHPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:WATERIUMZ2)
        next 12 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:MEADOWPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GRASSIUMZ2)
        next 13 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ZAPPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ELECTRIUMZ2)
        next 14 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:MINDPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PSYCHIUMZ2)
        next 15 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ICICLEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:ICIUMZ2)
        next 16 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DRACOPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DRAGONNIUMZ2)
        next 17 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DREADPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:DARKINIUMZ2)
        next 18 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PIXIEPLATE) || isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:FAIRIUMZ2)
        next 0
        }
        })

why skip next 9?
        Type 9 is the ??? Type. It's not typically used.
        Old June 1st, 2017 (12:04 PM).
        pixie-powered judgment!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by maxobremer View Post

next 0
          }
          })

why skip next 9?
          Yepyep M3rein is right-- but this will depend on your given types.txt

As for the new moves, this is not a Gen 7 Add-on. We lament that we didn't have the foresight to include our generic Gen 7 move/ability/etc scripts in a separate add-on but it's a bit late to for that, so this focuses strictly on Z-Moves with the necessary calls in place.
          Old June 3rd, 2017 (9:33 AM).

Ok so I have everything in the game and working, but now, how do I activate Z-moves? Because I have the necessary requirements but nothing happens. I have the Zring and the Z-crystal attached and I get no prompt to use a Z-Move.
            Old June 3rd, 2017 (12:42 PM).
            Jealous Croatian

Nature: Adamant
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mashirosakura View Post
              Ok so I have everything in the game and working, but now, how do I activate Z-moves? Because I have the necessary requirements but nothing happens. I have the Zring and the Z-crystal attached and I get no prompt to use a Z-Move.
              EBS is not compatible with this Z-Move script if you're using it. Idk when it'll be done, but it'll be done eventually.

Old June 3rd, 2017 (12:45 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Luka S.J. View Post
                EBS is not compatible with this Z-Move script if you're using it. Idk when it'll be done, but it'll be done eventually.
                No I don't use EBS. This error also seems to be linked with Mega Evolution as the tab for that isn't showing up either.
                Old July 2nd, 2017 (8:41 PM).

Hello! I'm having a little bit of an issue. I am using the generation 7 scripts found on here and, I've run into a problem. All of the enemy trainers have Z moves now. How do I fix this? Thank you very much.
                  Old November 16th, 2017 (3:37 PM).
                  Manoel Afonso

Nature: Docile
                    It's very cool!! But work in 15 version?

Pokémon Dimensions is a fan game that proposes to bring several different dimensions in a single game. Explore Pokémon World, win the challenges of Digimon World, discover a wonderful story with Monster Rancher, and many other universes!
                    Old November 25th, 2017 (5:33 PM).

does anyone know if this will work with 17.2?
                      Old December 15th, 2017 (12:34 PM).

ok soo ive looked at porting this over to v17.2 looks 2 complicated for me

has anyone else had any luck?
                        Old December 16th, 2017 (4:05 AM).

Nature: Modest
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
                          ok soo ive looked at porting this over to v17.2 looks 2 complicated for me

has anyone else had any luck?
                          I've gotten mine to work for v17.2 but in order to do so you need to manually copy and paste the Z-move scripts from here into you're v17.2. Takes a while but if you look at the errors it'll tell you what you still need to copy and paste in if that makes sense.
                          Old December 16th, 2017 (11:59 AM).

ok thanks i'll have another look on my days off least i now know it'll work
                            Old December 19th, 2017 (11:37 PM).

Nature: Modest
                              Because people have been asking me here is the Z-move code for 17.2. I apologise if I'm not allowed to post this.

Disclaimer:
                              I have no involvement in making any of the scripts or with the people who made it. I did this to help those who may have trouble transferring the Z-move script to 17.2. Please credit the people who made these scripts.

Old December 20th, 2017 (12:02 PM). Edited December 20th, 2017 by p.claydon.

ok so this does indeed work however the zmove icon is not showing during battle any particular reason for this?

EDIT

Ok so sortted the file battlezmove needs to be renamed to z move and placed in the pictures/battle folder

now just gotta add megas
                                Old December 25th, 2017 (6:59 AM).

How to install ? Do you make video please ?
                                  Old March 13th, 2018 (6:50 PM). Edited March 13th, 2018 by MillaLya.

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Tea-Rex View Post
                                    Because people have been asking me here is the Z-move code for 17.2. I apologise if I'm not allowed to post this.

Disclaimer:
                                    I have no involvement in making any of the scripts or with the people who made it. I did this to help those who may have trouble transferring the Z-move script to 17.2. Please credit the people who made these scripts.
                                    I was using your v17.2 version of scripts and when I went debugging there's an error message when I use the Z-Will'o'Wisp:
                                    Spoiler:
                                    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
                                    Exception: NoMethodError
                                    Message: undefined method `name=' for #<PokeBattle_Move_00A:0xdb1e128>
                                    PokeBattle_ZMoves:72:in `initialize'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:1803:in `new'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:1803:in `pbUseZMove'
                                    PokeBattle_Battler:3914:in `pbProcessTurn'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2922:in `pbAttackPhase'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2919:in `each'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2919:in `pbAttackPhase'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `times'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `pbAttackPhase'
                                    PokeBattle_Battle:2599:in `pbStartBattleCore'

I tried debugging it myself and realized that PokeBattle_Move_00A stands for the standard burn effect instead of a legal move. However, I have no idea why the script would try to return the name of it.
                                    Anyone could help?
                                    (The script went perfectly for damaging moves.)
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:15 PM).

Hello, is it possible to modify the script to allow for 2 Z-Moves per battle ? And if so, is there also a way to control that via a game switch ?

Thank you
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:25 PM).

My Z-Move does not appear in the battle

Quick Reply