• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Studio Ghibli Films?

pkmin3033

I just closed the page immediately when I saw Porco Rosso at #2, that's easily the worst Ghibli film ever made.

Years
Who are these mythical people you speak of that do not watch Studio Ghibli?

My #1 favorite Ghibli release will probably always be Spirited Away for nostalgia. It was my first voyage into the whimsical imagination of Ghibli as a kid, so many creative creatures how could a pokemon fan resist? As an adult however I have fallen madly in love with Tale of Princess Kaguya. This beautiful, somber work of art is a close 2nd place.

EDIT: I checked out the 'definitive' list in the link. Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Grave of the Fireflies didn't even make it into the top 10. They're placed underneath Whispers of the Heart, a movie practically wiped out of memory by its more charming sequeal The Cat Returns... OK?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Haven't seen too many, but I really liked the ones I've watched, and definitely intend to see more. I've seen Spirited Away (probably my first), My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away is probably my favorite but it's tough to say since I really loved all of them.

I love that these films don't have to be super deep (Totoro, Ponyo and Kiki's are just super cute and charming) to tell a great story, but they can also delve into more interesting and thoughtful subjects, like they do in Spirited Away and Mononoke.

Back