• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Title Screen

Years
I'm not sure why this occurs. I try this script in a new project and it's 100% fine. If I try this on my project it gives me an error. Even if I remove all the scripts I added, it's the same error. (It's in V16.2)

Script 'LukaUtilities' line 193: TypeError occured
can't convert NilClass to Bitmap

Any suggestions please?

It happens when I play the game, it does the frlg intro with nidorino and gengar then it gives me that error right before the title screen and just keeps looping the song over and over for the intro.

Last edited:
Years
I have a question. After playing the credits, the game are supposed to save? I tested this script again on a clean version of essentials v17.2 and after playing the credits, the screen frozes, and i hear a sound of selecting and if i press the action button, i hear the save game sound, then an error message pops up saying: The script is hanging and the game restarts again, but it don't save the process before restarting. I don't know what's causing the problem. I added the script above main. And another thing, if i add the call script credits in an event page, it don't allow me to use switches to the next page after playing the credits and the game crashes. So, i don't know if its a bug or error or if this part of the script that needs to be updated to essentials v17.2. Has anyone had this problem on credits scene?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Hey there,

I think I'm being a little dense right now, when I load my Game.exe file it shows the Gen 6 title screen so I have changed the Screenstyle to 5, but upon saving/compiling etc it still loads the same title screen. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm simply bein a little dense right now...

(On the screenshot I know it says 2, I was testing it out)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hey there,

I think I'm being a little dense right now, when I load my Game.exe file it shows the Gen 6 title screen so I have changed the Screenstyle to 5, but upon saving/compiling etc it still loads the same title screen. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm simply bein a little dense right now...

(On the screenshot I know it says 2, I was testing it out)

Spoiler:

facepalm.jpg

How/why on earth did you dig this part that is deep in the script itself? Please go back to http://installer.luka-sj.com and read the instructions.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 2, 2018
Hi Luka, I've tried to download the scripts but all are deprecated. What happened?

Years
Hello and thx for sharing this with us. I'm getting an error after playing the credits.
error_10.png

Event call: Scene_Credits.new

Error points to this line, so, how to fix this error? Any ideas?:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back