• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Flawless Platinum

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
Hello!

I have to praise you for this game. I've been playing it for the past month and it's incredible, very chalenging.

Unfortunately, I just found two problems with the patch. First, as someone's stated before, the Lustruous Orb is gone. Adamant Orb is alone insite their normal room. Second, my game freezed after my fight to caught Dialga. I did it, tried to go out Sky Pillar, and then it freezed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hey!
I wanted to try out this hack, and when I tried to patch it with the original file, it give me the following error; "An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

now, I know this happens when the original file is wrong, although I used the file you suggested.

what could I do to make it work?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thanks!
This is much clear instructions, but a small problem, im not sure if its because i have a macbookpro, but when i tried patching, this game up

[8:10:23 PM] Original file "4998 - Pokemon - Platinum Version (v01) (U).zip" selected.
[8:10:41 PM] Patch file "Normal Mode.xdelta" selected.
[8:10:47 PM] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[8:10:47 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I have the same problem...
How did you solve this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
How do I evolve Electabuzz and Magmar. Just got them both in game and was wondering 😁

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
xdelta keeps on giving me the error message: "error2: the system cannot find the specified file"

Also, could you not put documents in office format, I tried installing it and it keeps failing. So I can't read anything.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hm. I'm going to have to really look into that since everything checks out on the editing side. Might be something I'm missing, so I'll have to get back to you with that.

Hi, it's been quite some time already. May I know whether the bug was found or is there already some progress on fixing it?

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
Hey, I just discovered that Pikachu learns Slam at Level 26 instead of Thunderbolt, where normally it learns Slam at Level 21. The document doesn't mention anything about this.
Edit: Also, pretty sure that Thunderbolt shouldn't be 80 power.

It's important to note that I didn't use a rom with the exact filename to patch my game. I didn't get any errors from XDelta at all when I patched it, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
Hi!! Does anybody know how to evolve Pokemon like Kadabra, etc? I Know some of them are quite easy, but with others it's not. Thank you!!!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey, I just discovered that Pikachu learns Slam at Level 26 instead of Thunderbolt, where normally it learns Slam at Level 21. The document doesn't mention anything about this.
In Pokemon Black and White, Pikachu learns Slam at level 26, and Thunderbolt at level 29. I'm sure Draknir used these levels for those moves in Flawless Platinum.

Lithobraker

Years
In Pokemon Black and White, Pikachu learns Slam at level 26, and Thunderbolt at level 29. I'm sure Draknir used these levels for those moves in Flawless Platinum.
I just took a look, and yeah, I guess the learnsets might be based off of X and Y, which would explain it.
Thunderbolt shouldn't be 80 Power, though. It might have just been a typo of 90, which is what it was changed to in X and Y.

Edit: While I'm here, does anyone know if there's a place I can get some competitive items, like you can with the evolution items in Floaroma Town? Like a Life Orb for my Breloom, a Flame Orb for my Guts Swellow, or Choice Specs for my Alakazam?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
Lugia doesn't appear in the place it should be, and I don't find the guy who tells me about Arceus in the Battleground, is there something wrong with the game? Or I am just looking bad? Thank you!!

Lithobraker

Years
Hey, can anyone who's used one confirm if Farfetch'd's Attack really is 205, as listed in the document? The listed BST doesn't match up at all with that, it matches up with 110, though.

Edit: Also, Arcanine learns Howl at Level 21 instead of Crunch, as listed in the documentation. Howl is listed at Level 31. Not sure yet if it learns Crunch at this level.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Hey i saw its just a minor bug........
my game stops for a few seconds after i take my starter but then starts again.

CapnCrunch

Captain
Years
So I beat the game, Ive seen every pokemon except arceus. I followed the instructions on the document, got the azure flute, went to spear pillar and i am now standing next to arceus except.... I can't talk to it. No battle initiates. Nothing. O.o

CapnCrunch

Captain
Years
Amazing hack btw. I love platinum, hands down best pokemon Game ever. And I love rom hacks, so this is perfect. I did the challenge mode thinking normal would be a walk in the park. Well challenge is definitely tough, I had to hunt perfect natures and abilities then EV train them all. Then overlevel everything lmao. My end team was Empoleon, Electivire (surprisingly helpfull), ninetales, scizor, gallade, dragonite. Besides the arceus thing, this hack is 11/10 stars!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Help me! I'm trying to patch the game and this is what happens... I'm not good at this stuff:(
- Original file "3541 - Pokemon - Platinum Version (US) (Xenophobia).7z" selected.
- Patch file "Normal Mode.xdelta" selected.
- Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
- An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Last edited:
Back