• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
DId you change the particle indices "link" to match the indices of your new particles in your repointed table? I think those must be the particle index + 0x2700. The particles should be listed in the order they appear in the animation.

14620144_569843839872104_1928327213_n.png
14627810_569843843205437_1550323924_n.png

OMG... i can't believe it was the order, i feel so silly now...
thank you so much Touched!~ <3
i'll make sure to thank you if i end making a project! :3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 26, 2023
Just got Mega Evolution working in my hack! Thanks so much, Touched, for the development and thanks PokeMew for the tutorial!

I am having an issue, though. Does Mega Evolution work in double battles? My pokemon has the icon for it but nothing happens when I press start.

EDIT:
So, I poked around on github and found this under "Issues": https://github.com/Touched/MegaEvolution/issues/24
Supposedly, the bug is "isolated [to] c88a5db". What does this mean, exactly, in layman's terms? Is there a file I can edit to resolve this?

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
DId you change the particle indices here to match the indices of your new particles in your repointed table? I think those must be the particle index + 0x2700. The particles should be listed in the order they appear in the animation.

can you tell me if I should replace the first particle only to the mega logo or should I need to replace all the indices,
and one more thing...
the mega trigger image, will there be any problem if i edit it with the ms-paint, any problem with the palette??
and do i have to set it to 16 colour mode???

I did all the things stated in this tutorial,
but I got some different codes when I typed "make"
Kcmo4m0.png

also when I type "insert.py" after that it asks to open that file instead.... but since I had selected to open ".py" files with notepad it opens in notepad :(
whats the problem in it, can anyone tell me :::::::::

EDIT: its the error I get everytime
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
can you tell me if I should replace the first particle only to the mega logo or should I need to replace all the indices,
and one more thing...
the mega trigger image, will there be any problem if i edit it with the ms-paint, any problem with the palette??
[/SPOILER]

You should try index it yourself, but it might work if you don't. Just try it out in game.

As for your error, I have no idea why you might get an Access Denied error, try deleting everything in the build folder and try again.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
You should try index it yourself, but it might work if you don't. Just try it out in game.

As for your error, I have no idea why you might get an Access Denied error, try deleting everything in the build folder and try again.

the access denied error is something else though... I did something with open with to that file... but previously when I typed make.... it gave me different codes that in the screenshots..
and when i typed insert.py it asked me to select a tool to open it....
thats the main problem though. :(

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
the access denied error is something else though... I did something with open with to that file... but previously when I typed make.... it gave me different codes that in the screenshots..
and when i typed insert.py it asked me to select a tool to open it....
thats the main problem though. :(

That's the expected output. The screenshots in the tutorial are from an earlier version.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
So do you mean that the codes from the spoiler in my post earlier are the ones???
If so then i am gonna give it a final try

Don't pay attention the output unless it says there was an error. Check if you have the test.gba ROM to see if it worked.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
How do I add the mega evolution option in the ini for g3t ?
Help plz

I don't no how to edit ini files at all

Last edited by a moderator:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Dude. This is like far better than a patch. It even has incredibly detailed and easy instructions. Don't be lazy.

The day when mega evolution works in link battles I really can't wait for that

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Yeah a patch isn't going to fix that though. This build will, once the code is written, and the insert instructions won't change.

can you tell me how to insert that icon when one pokemon mega evolevs...
I have expanded the particle table and I know all that but the particle for mega evolution linked with the github of touched is far lager.... and i cant insert it with Nse or Unlz... so how would imanually insert that particle..
i am talking of the particle to change instead of the curse animation :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
and one more thing...

I did all the things stated in this tutorial,
but I got some different codes when I typed "make"
Kcmo4m0.png

also when I type "insert.py" after that it asks to open that file instead.... but since I had selected to open ".py" files with notepad it opens in notepad :(
whats the problem in it, can anyone tell me :::::::::

EDIT: its the error I get everytime
Spoiler:

Copy your test folder, or extract new file to other drive of your Laptop or PC, other than C:\.

Sorri for my bad english

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
well finally succeded in adding the mega evolution...
but one more problem about the curse animation at the beginning..
Well I noticed one of Sir touched's post telling to change the particle index,
but what about the particle..
should I have to expand the particle table using MrDS tutorial and insert the image all by myself??
or should I only edit the particle index and it will work??
If I have to insert it myself, i tried it, but first thing its too large (the one in Touched's github) and secondly its not in dimension of multiple of 8..
and the last thing the tools (both unlz and nse crash when i try to insert that image)
so pls help me... :)
thanks in advance :)

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
well finally succeded in adding the mega evolution...
but one more problem about the curse animation at the beginning..
Well I noticed one of Sir touched's post telling to change the particle index,
but what about the particle..
should I have to expand the particle table using MrDS tutorial and insert the image all by myself??
or should I only edit the particle index and it will work??
If I have to insert it myself, i tried it, but first thing its too large (the one in Touched's github) and secondly its not in dimension of multiple of 8..
and the last thing the tools (both unlz and nse crash when i try to insert that image)
so pls help me... :)
thanks in advance :)

As far as I know, he's referring to the Animation that Mrdollsteak created and posted somewhere in this thread. You still have to expand animations.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
As far as I know, he's referring to the Animation that Mrdollsteak created and posted somewhere in this thread. You still have to expand animations.

well thanks for the reply

but my main question remains un-answered..

Do I need to insert the particle by myself, or will following the processes does this itself??

and

If I need to insert it myself, it isnt the proper one(One linked in the github)

Back