• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon World Championship (working title)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone! Hope everybody is having a good day.

So, I have this concept that id love to develop. But I am nor a mapper, script or anything, would love to get a team toguether to get this idea to become a reality. I feel this is a Concept that would be doable through text changes and cutscenes without breaking the formula.

The concept is this, the story takes place after you beat the elite four (If there is a script to choose your character from each gen would be amazing, if not lets say is gen 3 boy/girl).

The opening text instead of inviting you to the world of Pokemon, it's a letter from DR. Willis(Name TBD) inviting you to the Pokemon world Championship at PCI(Pokemon Championship Island) where through it's tournament will determine the best Pokemon Trainer in the world.

PCI would work as our Region, Split into 8 areas(each area split in two also) with wildly different climates. Man made to tailor every single type of pokemon in the world, a "best of the best" pokemon Region.

Every pokemon Champion, every Gym Leader, Every battle frontier contestant would be invited. The tournament would work as follows:

The contestants would start in the outer rim of the island There is a train that allows them to transport to any of the 8 areas. The objective is to get to the center of the island where a elimination/gauntlet tournament would be held. The only thing is, instead of a starter (since it's a tournament and you couldnt get enought copies of a pokemon for that ammount of people) before you reach the train station you go through the safari zone to get your first pokemon.

At the halfway point of each area there is a door blocking the way that can only be opened after beating each guardian (first 8 gyms).

Each Guardian would indeed have a theme but it wouldnt be type based. (One Guardian could have all turtle pokemon, another could have only objects that are pokemon, that way there is not an easy way to defeat them.) and instead of the gym goonies, their contestants trying to get to the guardian (if you reach the guardian alon its fine, but the guardian can only fight one at a time)

In the outer circle of the island you could walk around and move from region to region going left or right, but once you pass the first guardians, you can only be on that area unless you use fly or go back, and at the end of the area there is another guardian holding the badges that grant you access to the final tournament.

The Elite four would be an elimination tournament (but would basically be the same) and at the end you encounter the World champion trying to beat him.

A new Team Plasma lead by N would try to intervene (Because pokemon suffering etc) and the main bad guy would be one of the main investors of the tournament trying to catch a new Legendary that only shows up when an Increadibly large ammount of energy or power surges (which the best pokemon in the world battling would cause.)

I seriously wanna make this happen and would love to put a team together. lets make it happen.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I feel this is a Concept that would be doable through text changes and cutscenes without breaking the formula.
Sounds like you're right. I'd recommend that you either look through the threads for similar championship ideas and see if you can recruit (or join) those people, or start making a demo yourself to prove that you're willing to learn how to map/script/etc. Simple fact is nobody is going to make your game for you, we all have our own ideas we'd like to work on, but if you get the ball rolling then some people might move from thinking about their ideas to working on your actual game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Oh I am ready to sit through as many tutorials needed. While I do wanna focus on the story, I know I gotta wet my hands on all things to make a better team member, besides, I want this to be a true collaborative effort. Thanks for the tip!

Back