Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (3:12 PM).

I mean jeez, it's been a long series, but when is the next season coming? Also, does anyone have any hints of what it will be called? I'd like to see what you guys think. Please comment down below what you think it will be called. Thanks! : )
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (5:37 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Blazikenboi View Post
      I mean jeez, it's been a long series, but when is the next season coming? Also, does anyone have any hints of what it will be called? I'd like to see what you guys think. Please comment down below what you think it will be called. Thanks! : )
      Referring to the English Dub I take it? Not to burst your bubble but the English Dub is up to Episode 86 as of tomorrow. Factoring in the fact they didn't air Episode 64, the 2nd Season of Sun&Moon(aka Season 21) has been going for 42 Episodes. 86 - 43(number of Episodes in Season 20) - 1(Episode 64 that was unaired) = 42 Episodes. Typically, an English Season can range anywhere from 34(Sinnoh League Victors/Season 13) to as many as 80 or so(Indigo League). Typical average is about 50 or so. If I had to estimate as to when the current English Season will end, it'd be after Episode 90 where a big arc finishes up. At that point it'd have gone 46 Episodes. Another possibility is them repeating Season 20 by having Brock and Misty signify the end of the Season. If that is the case, the English Dub would end after Episode 103, or after 59 Episodes had aired. Its a bit much I'll admit but would make considerable sense.

No idea as to what Season 22 will be called whenever it starts.

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (5:58 PM).
      Mon Amour

Nature: Quiet
        Except it to last until at least late 2019. By then the generation 8 games will be announced and published for us. Meaning the anime will most likely also adopt to it and began to transition into that finishing stage.

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats
          #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (6:06 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sloxy View Post
          Except it to last until at least late 2019. By then the generation 8 games will be announced and published for us. Meaning the anime will most likely also adopt to it and began to transition into that finishing stage.
          That's assuming of course that they don't just cancel the show due to bad ratings. And don't think that there being a Generation 8 makes the Pokémon anime exempt from cancellation or ending on their own terms. We're still getting Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and even Mega Man games as of late, and that was DESPITE the fact that their TV show adaptations have ended long ago (in fact, Mario hasn't had a TV series adaptation since Super Mario World). For all we know, they'll probably just have Ash win the Alola league and call it quits.
            #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (9:18 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by IcyIce.
          Fictional Writer.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by weedle_mchairybug View Post
            That's assuming of course that they don't just cancel the show due to bad ratings. And don't think that there being a Generation 8 makes the Pokémon anime exempt from cancellation or ending on their own terms. We're still getting Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and even Mega Man games as of late, and that was DESPITE the fact that their TV show adaptations have ended long ago (in fact, Mario hasn't had a TV series adaptation since Super Mario World). For all we know, they'll probably just have Ash win the Alola league and call it quits.
            As far as I know, Sun and Moon is being praised, at least the first season was, even though I don't personally like it. If they haven't canceled yet, they probably won't. There will always be some type of fanbase enough to get going. People who liked Kalos don't like Alola and people who like Alola didn't like Kalos.

Anyway, anime sagas always tend to last for around 3 years. In Japan, Alola Saga will end at the end of this year while in USA, it will probably go till about January of 2020 if we don't get a large marathon to catch up. By the Gen 8 games will be out and we will have Gen 8 Promos.
              #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (8:26 AM).
            Strategist

Actually there's a possibility it may have just ended with the latest episode 'I Choose Paradise'

The reason I say this is because my cable guide is not showing a new episode for next week so it may once again finally be on another 'way to long' hiatus.

My expectation on if it is on hiatus is that it won't come back until the Spring.

More than likely March, April, or possibly May.

:irate-stare:

#7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (8:36 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
                As far as I know, Sun and Moon is being praised, at least the first season was, even though I don't personally like it. If they haven't canceled yet, they probably won't. There will always be some type of fanbase enough to get going. People who liked Kalos don't like Alola and people who like Alola didn't like Kalos.

Anyway, anime sagas always tend to last for around 3 years. In Japan, Alola Saga will end at the end of this year while in USA, it will probably go till about January of 2020 if we don't get a large marathon to catch up. By the Gen 8 games will be out and we will have Gen 8 Promos.
                All the praise in the world won't mean one iota when the ratings are down in the tubes (and let's face it, going by the TV ratings, SM has even WORSE ratings than XY, at least, it did last I checked). People also praised Brokeback Mountain, yet it was a bomb at the box office. And quite frankly, we can at least confirm it will end by 2019 since the eighth generation's due for announcement, unless Pokémon Company ends up delaying for whatever reason.
                  #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (5:50 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
                  Actually there's a possibility it may have just ended with the latest episode 'I Choose Paradise'

The reason I say this is because my cable guide is not showing a new episode for next week so it may once again finally be on another 'way to long' hiatus.

My expectation on if it is on hiatus is that it won't come back until the Spring.

More than likely March, April, or possibly May.

Hmm haven’t confirmed that but Bulbapedia and other sources have the upcoming Necrozma arc slated to air over the next four weeks. In fact Bulbapedia has it up to Episode 92 with regards to air dates(if that is anything to go by). Based on this:TV schedule for Disney XD on 1/19, it shows Episode 87 or the first Necrozma arc Episode.

#9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (3:42 PM).
                  Mon Amour

Aren't the subs already at like episode 103?

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats
                      #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (4:20 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sloxy View Post
                      Aren't the subs already at like episode 103?
                      Japanese Dub just aired Episode 104(today). Haven’t seen it yet but English Dub has a long way to go to even reach 90, much less 103. Something tells me they may air Episodes as normal until 103 since it’d last them until the middle of May(May 11th if my math is correct), wherein they’d go on Summer hiatus before picking it back up again later that Summer/Fall. I could be wrong though but the SuMo anime doesn’t have much longer to go when they’re advancing to Poni Island finally. Heck Plumeria finally makes an appearance if memory serves me correctly.

#11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (12:13 AM).

the show is still airing. i expect it to end soon if they follow the games. but if we're actually gonna wait for the alola league to be set up and for ash to challenge it, then we would be looking towards a longer airing time. statistically, the anime is doing bad. but the broadcaster is said to be not worried at all about this fact since the anime has apparently been through worse.
                        #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 1 Week Ago (2:57 AM).

Typically a League will last 5-10 Episodes, give or take a few depending upon the number of "rivals" and rounds and what outcome the writers want. Seeing as I've seen info on Episodes up to 108, I can only estimate that Poni Island and the final challenge will conclude sometime around Episode 112, at most Episode 115. There will likely be a Team Skull Arc with Plumeria having just been introduced and Guzma hasn't even shown himself yet. For all we know he opts to enter the Tournament along with Plumeria(who challenge you for the title in the games if memory serves). Figure a Team Skull arc would be ~5 Episodes. Plus there may be Rainbow Rocket if they want to go the Ultra SuMo route for another 5. Adding all that up, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon is done by Episode 130 or so. It wouldn't be the shortest series to date(that honor belongs to Orange Islands with Kalos as the next shortest at 140 Episodes) but for a major region, it would take the title, albeit barely.

It wouldn't be surprising if they try to milk another 10 Episodes out of the series just to match Kalos. It'd be an embarrassment if they did since Unova was done by Episode 122(last 20 or so were filler).

#13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 1 Week Ago (4:25 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
                          Typically a League will last 5-10 Episodes, give or take a few depending upon the number of "rivals" and rounds and what outcome the writers want. Seeing as I've seen info on Episodes up to 108, I can only estimate that Poni Island and the final challenge will conclude sometime around Episode 112, at most Episode 115. There will likely be a Team Skull Arc with Plumeria having just been introduced and Guzma hasn't even shown himself yet. For all we know he opts to enter the Tournament along with Plumeria(who challenge you for the title in the games if memory serves). Figure a Team Skull arc would be ~5 Episodes. Plus there may be Rainbow Rocket if they want to go the Ultra SuMo route for another 5. Adding all that up, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon is done by Episode 130 or so. It wouldn't be the shortest series to date(that honor belongs to Orange Islands with Kalos as the next shortest at 140 Episodes) but for a major region, it would take the title, albeit barely.

It wouldn't be surprising if they try to milk another 10 Episodes out of the series just to match Kalos. It'd be an embarrassment if they did since Unova was done by Episode 122(last 20 or so were filler).
                          Yeah, no kidding, especially not if Ash is made to lose the league yet again, which would be even MORE embarrassing than with Kalos since this would have been Alola's first league. I don't even know why the writers insisted on having Ash lose Kalos. I mean, even they had to know Alola didn't even have gyms. Had it been me in the writers shoes, Alola not having gyms would have been my reason to have Ash actually WIN a league for once.
                            #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 2 Days Ago (5:11 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by Quiji.
                          All I Want For Xmas

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Blazikenboi View Post
                            I mean jeez, it's been a long series
                            It's only lasted a little over two years; how is that long? By comparison, BW and XY lasted three years each, and DP lasted four.
                              #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 2 Days Ago (1:08 AM). Edited 2 Days Ago by weedle_mchairybug.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
                              It's only lasted a little over two years; how is that long? By comparison, BW and XY lasted three years each, and DP lasted four.
                              To be fair, BW and XY at least had eight gyms to contend with (and in the case of DP, gyms and contests), while we had only four trial captains. I'm sorry, but they should have been long done with the trial captains by now.
                                #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Hour Ago (12:15 PM).
                              Strategist

So I was wrong (obviously)

Honestly though... there not being a hiatus is unbelievably bizarre and it worries me that there's going to be a hiatus at some point and it'll be the longest hiatus yet.

Quick Reply