• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
The "Definitive" edition of Pokemon Pyrite is now available. This fixes all the bugs that I found while playing during the livestream and bugs found by fans of the game. I also fix some of the movesets that I found to be inconsistent. I hope you enjoy it.

MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#!R5QG3ALA!7YcMT19JQ_iGvjjva9AGnQJ9joxB19POkxZRD4_3CKU

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ph9NfQOQ9raXZJTk9CRmhCdWM

As always, you can use the same save file, just drag and drop it the old game folder (game.rxdata) into this one.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I want help!!! I can't save the game and the game don't have music. Could sameone helps me???

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
I just found an error message

I just found out that giovanni is my father and your character is teleported back in time where it is all black and white and when you enter the house of the old man that in the original games shows you how to catch a pokemon, after you talk to him and tell him that you will deliver a letter to someone in Pewter City an error message pops up and when you close said error message the game screen also closes

Script "Interpreter' line 274: RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event 1, map 167 (Viridian City):
Exeption: NameError
Message: (eval):1:in 'pbExecuteScript'The item 'JOESMAIL' is not vaild.
Please add the item
to the PBS/item.txt file. See the note of more information.
***Full script:
$PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(::PBItems::JOESMAIL)
Interpreter:239:in 'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:785:in 'eval'
Interpreter:239:in 'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:785:in 'command_111'
Interpreter:318:in 'execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in 'update'
Interpreter:104:in 'loop'
Interpreter:196:in 'update'
Scene_Map:96:in 'update'
Scene_Map:94:in 'loop'

Years
Why is the screen resolution option so weird? The screen doesn't get any bigger it just adds borders. Just want the actual screen of the game to be bigger lol. Is there a possible fix to this or will this shit be small as hell forever?

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
Years
Downloaded this the other day and I'm loving it~ The spritework for the fakemons is fantastic compared to what I've seen in some other fangames, and so far it's pretty darn good in terms of gameplay.
I've seen a few mis-spelled words, and the opposing pokemon in a fight slides onto the screen weirdly slowly, but other than that it's pretty good~!

I am a bit confused why the game told me I had a finished file before I'd even started playing, but I'm guessing that's something on your end with the file in the links rather than me, since I've never played this before. Unless the game plugged a save file from a different folder, but I don't think that's possible...

Either way, great game, dude~

thepsynergist

Years
Downloaded this the other day and I'm loving it~ The spritework for the fakemons is fantastic compared to what I've seen in some other fangames, and so far it's pretty darn good in terms of gameplay.
I've seen a few mis-spelled words, and the opposing pokemon in a fight slides onto the screen weirdly slowly, but other than that it's pretty good~!

I am a bit confused why the game told me I had a finished file before I'd even started playing, but I'm guessing that's something on your end with the file in the links rather than me, since I've never played this before. Unless the game plugged a save file from a different folder, but I don't think that's possible...

Either way, great game, dude~

That save file was from when I livestreamed my game. I never bothered to remove it. Most of the mispellings are due to the scale of the game and the fact that I worked on it all myself. The only "team" I had were a couple friends that helped with some script fixes, and my sprite artist who wanted his fakemon in my game.

I'm glad you like the game. If you're curious about what Pokemon appear in each route, be sure to check the encounters.txt file in the PBS folder in the root of the game folder. Same with pokemon.txt if you're curious what Pokemon learns what, when they evolve, etc.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
Not sure if this has been brought up before or if I'm the only one having this problem, but when I'm in the bag looking at items, I can't scroll down past the first few items. This is especially problematic for TMs/HMs since I can't scroll down to the ones I need if I need to teach an HM move. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a fix / something I'm doing wrong?

thepsynergist

Years
So, I've banged my head against the wall a few times over the last couple weeks, because I'm was trying to migrate Pokemon Pyrite to a newer version of Pokemon Essentials. Preferably, the BW mod for 16.2. The reason is because I like how the battles look. The overworld wouldn't change in appearance.

However, due to the archaic version of Pokemon Essentials used in Pokemon Pyrite, I can't get it working without errors out the wazoo. The syntax for everything changed so much overtime, it feels impossible for me to port.

The pokemon.txt syntax is changed, all the base trainers have changed, and all I get are syntax errors, no matter how hard I try. If anyone good at Pokemon Essentials wants to give this a go, let me know. I'd like to get this to work with the most recent version of Pokemon Essentials at the very least. The download for this game includes the project file, so getting the code for it wouldn't be hard.

Hopefully someone finds this game interesting enough to want help with this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2017
Why does the audio.dll trigger my anti-virus and gets removed??
Anyone has a problem with it aswell, or is it just my anti-virus??

thepsynergist

Years
I would whitelist that file in your anti-virus. It's required for the music to play, as far as I'm aware, and you're the first I know of that's had an anti-virus get triggered by that file.

Guest123123

Yesterday I downloaded this game and played it from start to finish (minus some postgame things like legendaries) from around 6:30 AM to 1:30 PM.

I don't usually like games where you play as a villain, because even in games I don't want to be the bad guy. I tried a Team Rocket hack once and had to quit because of how bad I felt after a mission where I stole a trainer's Pokemon. (I skimmed through this thread a few weeks ago and remembered a few details like Silver and Team Rocket)

But I really liked this game. There was development for Silver, and the worst thing he did was pretend to be a new trainer to get a Pokemon. Not even outright stealing. He was actually pretty nice about it. So being bad didn't discourage me from playing here.

The game felt like an actual adventure to me. It was a combo of Silver's interactions with other characters, the music, and the detailed battle backgrounds.

I didn't run into any major bugs, although at some points the burning/fire sound effect stayed after certain events. For example when the Mask of Ice grunts burn down the forest, the fire sound effect stays even after you leave the forest, and continues until you close and re-open the game. This also happens after battling Jade and after the third battle with Red, even though nothing is set on fire in those story events. Considering this thread has almost 400 replies it's probably been mentioned before, but I thought I'd mention just in case it hasn't been.

thepsynergist

Years
I'm really glad you liked it. I like to make games for fun, so when people have fun playing them, that makes it all the better.

Minor bugs like this tend to get caught in the cracks, as the only "beta testing" I had were people playing the game. Sadly, a lot of bugs that people found, I wasn't able to replicate on my end, and didn't happen to everyone. One person that was playing this on Youtube had a crash on the Yellow fight, but I could never replicate it, and I felt bad about that.

Years
Hi! I started playing this game today and caught a Cubone. Does Marowak evolve by level up or is there a special way to evolve it?

thepsynergist

Years
Hi! I started playing this game today and caught a Cubone. Does Marowak evolve by level up or is there a special way to evolve it?

Heya, hope you like the game! Marowak evolves into Skeletank at level 36. Also, if you are curious which other of the new Pokemon evolve, you should be able to open up pokemon.txt in the /PBS/ folder inside the Pokemon Pyrite folder, and all the information is available.

I hope you like the game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 21, 2020
Hi thepsynergist!
first let me say thank you for making this awesome game, I've been playing it a ton over the past couple days. I want you to know I have absolutely loved every bit of it so far, I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am.

I'm posting because I seem to have put myself in a position where I can't progress, and I'm really hoping you can help me out.
So right now I'm stuck at Mt. Hajime. I made my way up to a point where there is water, but I don't have a pokemon that can learn surf with me, and I don't seem to be able to go back to retrieve one(ladder I took from the 8th gym doesn't work, not sure if this is intentional or not). I realize it was dumb of me to go on without a surf pokemon, but I didn't think of it at the time. In any case, that's the situation I'm in at the moment, just hoping there's a way to fix this since I'd really like to finish the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure I recognized some music from the colosseum/XD games, which were my favorite pokemon games period. So thanks for the nostalgia.

thepsynergist

Years
Hi thepsynergist!
first let me say thank you for making this awesome game, I've been playing it a ton over the past couple days. I want you to know I have absolutely loved every bit of it so far, I hope others are enjoying it as much as I am.

I'm posting because I seem to have put myself in a position where I can't progress, and I'm really hoping you can help me out.
So right now I'm stuck at Mt. Hajime. I made my way up to a point where there is water, but I don't have a pokemon that can learn surf with me, and I don't seem to be able to go back to retrieve one(ladder I took from the 8th gym doesn't work, not sure if this is intentional or not). I realize it was dumb of me to go on without a surf pokemon, but I didn't think of it at the time. In any case, that's the situation I'm in at the moment, just hoping there's a way to fix this since I'd really like to finish the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure I recognized some music from the colosseum/XD games, which were my favorite pokemon games period. So thanks for the nostalgia.

Sorry for not answering this, as I didn't see an email about this post until today.

You should be able to go all the way back to the dojo from Mt. Hajime. All the stairs are supposed to work. If not, give me your save file, and I'll put you back in front of the dojo. Sorry about that.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 21, 2020
Hey, thanks for answering. I'm uploading my save file in a rar since I don't know how else to do it with the rxdata extension. If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. I backtracked and tried the ladder but it doesn't seem to work for me.View attachment pokemonpyritesave.rar

thepsynergist

Years
Hey, thanks for answering. I'm uploading my save file in a rar since I don't know how else to do it with the rxdata extension. If you could take a look when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. I backtracked and tried the ladder but it doesn't seem to work for me.View attachment 82241

Good news is that the ladder does work, but I forgot to make that event a "player touch" event, so to use it, you have to press the "a" button ("C" key on the keyboard) while standing on the ladder. Oops. ^_^;

Back