• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU team help!!!

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
Ok the NU metagame recently has seemed kinda hyper offensive and I need some defensive pokemon that work well with this team. Open to all suggestions because my team needs a big overhaul. First off-

Golem @Leftovers
Adamant
Sturdy
252 atk/4HP/252 Def
-Stealth Rocks
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion

My lead and defensive wall. Sets up stealth rocks. Stone Edge and Earthquake for STAB, and Explosion to handle some threat to my team and to go out with a bang when some pokes don't expect it and to deal massive damage whilst not being complete setup fodder. In my opinion I need a better defensive wall, or at least one not weak to nearly EVERYTHING >.<

PikaBOSS (pikachu) @Light Ball
Timid nature
Lightningrod
252 sp atk/4HP/252 Speed
-Encore
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Substitute

Special Attacking Pikachu. Really fast and powerful. Not really expected by most people due to the popularity of raichu. Good coverage in Bolt/Beam. With light ball on this set pikachu hits a massive 398 sp atk, ready to tear a hole in anything not prepared for it. Unfortunately, pikachu dies to nearly anything it can't kill right away. Can make a good anti-lead by encoring pokes into stealth rocks. Works well because some leads aren't scared of pikachu on the first turn, like torterra. They assume that you'll switch out right away, so they go for stealth rocks. But you actually use substitute, then encore them the next turn and preceed to destroy. Lightningrod to come in on choiced things like electabuzz and get a free +1 special attack bonus and force a switch.

Amoonguss @Black Sludge
Quirky
Effect Spore
252Def/4Sp Def/252HP
-Giga Drain
-Spore
-Clear Smog
-Synthesis

Good defensive wall. Great synergy with golem. Really need a new nature on this. Giga drain and Clear smog for STAB. Clear Smog helps against set-up sweepers. Spore to stop things it can't handle well. Synthesis for recovery.

Sawk @Choice Scarf
Jolly
Sturdy
252Atk/4HP/252Speed
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Counter

Checks or counters alot of the NU metagame honestly. After being killed by one too many scarfed braviary I put on scarf. Good coverage in the moves on here. Counter can be handy against some physical walls, along with sturdy. After killing something with close combat, with lowered defense as they bring in torterra to wall you. Live by one HP from sturdy, and use counter to kill it off.

Cupid (Sawsbuck) @Big Root (may change)
Jolly
Sap Sipper
252Atk/4HP/252Speed
-Swords Dance
-Nature Power
-Horn Leech
-Double-Edge

Swords Dance to boost to +2, and Sap Sipper to come in on a predicted grass type move for a free +1 atk. Horn Leech for STAB and recovery, largely increased by Big root. Double Edge to destroy anything that wants to come in after swords dance. Nature power turns into EQ in online area. Horn leech also helps with Double-Edge recoil.

Gardevoir @Life Orb
Modest
Trace
252Sp atk/120Sp def/136 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

Really good coverage with the set. Good special attacker. Doesnt take any hits, even special, too well even with the special defense EVs. 265 Hp alltogether might be why. Looking to replace prolly.

Leave a comment and a suggestion it would be extremely helpful! :) for reading!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Don't max out Golem's Defense if you're not investing in HP too. Change the spread to 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe. This gives Golem enough Speed to outspeed min Speed Regirock. Or you can go max Speed to let Golem outspeed most defensive Pokemon. Explosion got nerfed this generation; use Sucker Punch instead of that so that Golem has priority.

Pikachu is too defensively weak. While its Speed is decent, it gets revenge killed too easily. Try out Eelektross instead. While it's slower, it has just enough bulk to take a hit, then dish one out:
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot (Giga Drain in B2/W2)
-Acid Spray/U-turn
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

or
-Coil
-Wild Charge
-Dragon Tail/Return
-Substitute/Return
(Drain Punch and/or Fire Punch can go in the last slots when B2/W2 are implemented on PO)
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Change Amoonguss' nature to Bold. Quirky doesn't really do anything. Use the EV spread of 252 HP/140 Def/116 SDef. If B2/W2 is out, change the ability to Regenerator

You really need to predict with Sawk's Counter. It always goes last, making Choice Scarf's Speed boost pointless. Change it to Toxic (to cripple walls, then switch) or Reversal (if Sawk is low on HP, especially after Sturdy has been activated).

Change Sawsbuck's item to Life Orb

While Gardevoir can use a Life Orb + 4 attacks set decently, it's better off being Choiced (Specs or Scarf) so that it can Trick away its Choice item at any opportunity. If you're using Choice items + Trick, drop Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Back