• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even More Fixes and Additions to Help-14's Following Pokemon Script

Years
Do you mean it doesn't constantly walk even when you aren't moving? Make sure you have

$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.add_following_time

in the right spot in Game_Player_ script section.

The script looks ok..the problem i have is with the grafic of the dependent event.
It is a 4x4 sprite of the pokemon and it follow me well but when it is walking it makes the same movement! I.e. Stop and left leg on.
Instead if i do a common event with the same grafic "020" and i set the move route,it walk well!
i.e. Stop, left leg on, right leg on, stop.
That's all! I dont know if it's because of a script issue.. Help please :-)
PS: i disabled the stepping animation, i dont think that it's for this!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
The script looks ok..the problem i have is with the grafic of the dependent event.
It is a 4x4 sprite of the pokemon and it follow me well but when it is walking it makes the same movement! I.e. Stop and left leg on.
Instead if i do a common event with the same grafic "020" and i set the move route,it walk well!
i.e. Stop, left leg on, right leg on, stop.
That's all! I dont know if it's because of a script issue.. Help please :-)
PS: i disabled the stepping animation, i dont think that it's for this!

Yea that's just how this script is set up. I never wrote the original script, just added things and made is organized better. I don't know how to go about fixing that. Sorry

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hi everyone! Sorry for updating an old topic. I have a trouble: the script works very well, but everytime I talk to a Pokèmon after changed map I have this error:
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Interpreter:512:in `command_end'
Interpreter:295:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Could anyone help a poor newbie?

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
Is there a way to set this script to only allow certain Pokémon to follow you?

And secondly, is there a place to download all the characters for the Pokémon, as manually editing over 600 sprites would be an impossible feat.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Is there a way to set this script to only allow certain Pokémon to follow you?

And secondly, is there a place to download all the characters for the Pokémon, as manually editing over 600 sprites would be an impossible feat.
Google-search "Pokemon Essentials DS". I found them there.

Years
Hi everyone! Sorry for updating an old topic. I have a trouble: the script works very well, but everytime I talk to a Pokèmon after changed map I have this error:
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Interpreter:512:in `command_end'
Interpreter:295:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Could anyone help a poor newbie?

You were supposed to replace def command_end , did you skip that step?

On an unrelated note, I've found that talking to pokemon doesn't display a message or emoticon when it is raining on the map. Other weathers work, but when it's raining it plays the cry and that's it.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
You were supposed to replace def command_end , did you skip that step?

On an unrelated note, I've found that talking to pokemon doesn't display a message or emoticon when it is raining on the map. Other weathers work, but when it's raining it plays the cry and that's it.
Thanks. Probably something went wrong when I was inserting the script.
You're right. I have the same problem when it's raining.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 19, 2014
Hello! I have received an error, probably due to my lack of understanding in RGSS.

I have followed your instructions as stated on the first post and when I try to test I am returned with :

Script 'Following Pokemon' line958: NameError occurred.
Uninitialized constant Events

Following the error message brings me here.

#===============================================================================
# * Auto add Script to Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement
# * Fixed End Surf for Toggle
# * NEED TO FIX GRASS ANIMATION PROBLEM
#===============================================================================
Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement+=proc{|sender,e|
event=e[0] # Get the event affected by field movement
currentTag=pbGetTerrainTag(event)
if pbGetTerrainTag(event,true)==PBTerrain::Grass # Won't show if under bridge
$scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(GRASS_ANIMATION_ID,event.x,event.y)
elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest
# Descend waterfall, but only if this event is the player
Kernel.pbDescendWaterfall(event)
elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::Ice && !$PokemonGlobal.sliding
Kernel.pbSlideOnIce(event)
end
if $FollowingFinishedSurfing==true && $game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]==true
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back(true)
$FollowingFinishedSurfing = false
end
}

I am not exactly sure where to go next. This problem is probably due to oversight. I would still like some help figuring it out though. Thank you in advance.

Years
I'm having a little problem with the script. If a Pokemon that is first in your party and it evolves, the sprite won't update. Any help?

Years
I'm having a little problem with the script. If a Pokemon that is first in your party and it evolves, the sprite won't update. Any help?

The problem is that you have to wait for the script to refresh the sprite, and it doesn't do it automatically as is. To make it refresh, add the line

Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite

at the end of the evolution scene.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
I was wanting to use this in my game, but only for a certain Pokemon, like Pikachu in Yellow, but I'm unsure of how to go about doing that, let alone how to add the Pokemon I want to follow to the party afterwards (the Pokemon is supposed to be like a family pet type thing that the character raised since it hatched from the egg).

So how would I go about adding him/her to my party after interacting with it in the overworld, and then no matter where it is in my party still be out following me around and then when stored in the pc it disappears?

Years
I have a little problem when i talk to a pokemon! Now, every time i talk to them it was displayed a message that says " the script was taken too long.....etc"
Before this doesn't happen! What can be? I'm working on graphic sprites and i often change the species of the pokemon. Maybe it's this? Or any problem on the script?

Years
hey there i´ve got a problem after recieving an item from my pokemon. Now it always "cry" to me and has no emotionmessage or something. How can i fix that`?

kvagram

Lead coder, Generation 0
Years
Hi. I am working in integrating this into a game, and I got all the scripts in, and it seem to work, but there is a problem.

As it is now, I added an event in the player's home that runs the script "pbPokemonFollow(18)", with event number 18, named "Dependent" next to it.

Activating this event, sure enough, shows me the pokemon, at it fallows me, however, when I leave the house, the pokemon is nowhere to be seen, but the event is still there, as I can turn the player around, and "talk" to the pokemon.

I found that running the script "$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite" on another map works, once again showing the pokemon, however, the pokemon disappears once I leave the map.

I tried running $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite though Events.onMapSceneChange, however, that seem to just make the game crash.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

kvagram

Lead coder, Generation 0
Years
the bug came from some problems in how the script refresh the dependent event between maps.
I simply added a line that refreshed the sprite(without the animation) after the refresh of the dependent event.

Years
Script 'Following Pokemon' line 187: SyntaxError occured...
I cant seem to fix this error

Try posting what you have for that line. If this isn't a commonly reported problem (it isn't) then it's likely you messed up putting in the code. And as such, nobody knows what you have on that line.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Aside from copy and pasting errors with Firefox this works great. Thank you so much for your efforts!

Back