• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Now

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
What do you think of the progression of Pokemon? The past few years have brought big changes such as mega evolution and ultra beasts. Also mobile games like Pokemon Go and Duel have created new directions for the franchise. How do you feel about these changes?

littlebeeb

小さなもの
Years
I think Pokemon grew into something so quickly that The Pokemon Company/Gamefreak had to act fast to capitalize upon it's success.

As the cost of technology decreased and had more capabilities, this was the perfect opportunity to continue growing Pokemon into the longstanding franchise that we all love today.

I think the old formula was starting to lose its charm. It was too predictable- protagonist vs antagonist, catch 'em all, beat 8 gyms and Elite 4, and thwart bad guys' evil plans... I feel like they've been taking risks in order to keep their franchise going strong. Of course people have issues with change... but if nothing ever changes than people will get bored eventually!

In my opinion, Pokmeon has stood the test of time by being able to capture the attention of newer generations of Poke-fans while not completely alienating the people who have been there from the beginning.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Making a team and playing through is what appeals to me. As long as I can do that, I don't care what kind of additions they make.

I've never played the mobile games like Pokemon Go, but it seems like they bring lots of attention, so it's smart to keep making them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Eh, I miss the good old days when things were simpler and you just played through the game with different pok?mon for different experiences. Nowadays it's all so fancy and you can customize just about everything. Haha, I'm an old grumpy fan maybe.

string555

Banned
Years
I just find it funny that in a classic episode of South Park (Chinpokomon), the creators of it seemed to think Pokemon was just some passing fad. It's been many years since then, so they can eat it! :P

Years
I think as a whole, Pokemon hasn't hit its' apex. It has hit a few rough skids in my opinion. Gen 4 and 5 come to mind to me for their own different reasons. The additions of Mega is Gen 6 I thought was actually kinda cool; gave some 'Mon some new, unique traits. As far as the Ultra Beasts, I don't have much of an opinion, I haven't played that far into my copy of Moon.

Though I do miss the simplicity of when I started in Red, continuing into Silver. Though I do enjoy the progression into the ability to build strategies and teams with how the game has evolved.

Back