• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
What I want is for Vesperia to released in English. Not the Xbox360 version, the PS3. I don't have an Xbox360 and the PS3 version is a lot better!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh; the PS3 is totally better; that's why I'm claiming ToV to be more than a flashy game; the PS3 version as more of a plot, more bosses, even more characters / costumes. :3

[YURI IN ASCH'S COSTUME IS KEWWWL~]

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh; the PS3 is totally better; that's why I'm claiming ToV to be more than a flashy game; the PS3 version as more of a plot, more bosses, even more characters / costumes. :3

[YURI IN ASCH'S COSTUME IS KEWWWL~]

AHH! Is there ANY chance of an English release? Even if it's a fan translation or something? I NEED Vesperia and I sure as hell am not going to settle for the Xbox version! And Abyss costumes too!? OMG I have to get it!

I just read about Tales of Xillia. Why is there another Jade? Wouldn't it be weird if another Tales spin-off had both Jades?

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
^lol, what do you mean another Jade? If you're referring to the main character, his name is Jude not Jade.

The chances of the PS3 version of Vesperia getting localized have sailed. It was between that or Graces F, and I think they went with the better choice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My question too, but I'm extending it a bit, is it worth buying a console over the Tales of games? (Not just those games, a couple of others)

Are they entertaining or a long time, or just after they are completed? Does it take a long time to complete them or is it easy?
Well, there isn't really a console that has more than just one Tales of Game, unless you want to count the fact that the Wii can both play Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. There's also the PS2, which has Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia (I'll note that Legendia was one of the mothership games that less people enjoyed, and a lot of people were displeased with ToS2). Since you mentioned other games, I would suggest the console which would supply you with more games that you want to play outside of the Tales of Series.

The Tales of Series games are pretty long. Each of them have at least 80+ hours of gameplay (I can go through a game of Symphonia in about 20-30 hours, but I've played it many times and know the game by the back of my hand). Also, there are many side-quests that you can go on during the game/right before you go face the final boss for the game (least out of the games I played - only Symphonia and Abyss but hey), and the Tales of Series have it do you can so several playthroughs and use 'Grade' in order to make the nest playthrough more difficult, easier, keep you gald, etc etc. There are also some things you can only do second playthrough, as well as (in Symphonia's case) alternate "paths" you can choose to the end of the game (end of the game is the same, but the people you are with and some of the context are different).

Yeah... sorry for the tl;dr.

I can say anything when it comes to buying consoles solely for one game, because I got a Wii so I can play ToS2 of all games.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

Well, there isn't really a console that has more than just one Tales of Game

The PSP has quite a lot if you use emulators. If you count Japanese games and spin-offs, the PSP can play Tales of:
Destiny
Destiny 2
Eternia
Phantasia
Rebirth
Radiant Mythology 1, 2, and 3
VS.
Narikiri Dungeon 1, 2, and 3
Summoner's Lineage

That's 13 Tales games in one system.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I separate the terms 'handhelds' and 'consoles', but yes, you are correct. If he wanted to know handhelds as well that is.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It would be pretty hard to get a PS1 these days. He could probably get a PS2 and a PS1 Memory Card so he can play PS1 games on the PS2, but the games for the PS1 are pretty difficult to find. It's funny, because out of the Tales of Games, I tend to see Symphonia the most. Least at the GameStop in the mall. To be quite honest, I think he should go for either Symphonia, Abyss, or Vesperia. I heard the others are good, but I hear the most good things about those three.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Oh yeah. Definitively Symphonia and Abyss! Phantasia may be old but I also recommend it. It has plenty of sidequests and an incredible story like Symphonia and Abyss. But do NOT get the Gameboy Advance version! I know PS1 games are hard to find but the PS1 version is BEAUTIFUL. The English patch makes the entire game flawlessly English. It's definitely worth the hassle. Plus Japan is less censored so this version also contains less censorship. Phantasia, Abyss, and Symphonia. These three, I HIGHLY recommend.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
My plan Tales games to get this year, or atleast peaked in early 2012 is TotA (PS2), ToV(PS3), ToX, and ToS(PS2). I want mostly ToV, and ToX. But from what i heart TotA, and ToS are epic, and I want to try them. :3 I know I wont be able to get TotA, and ToS, ToV, and ToX from the remaining time we have left of this year or even peaked into the 2012 year, But if im lucky I could get ToX, and ToV. Also, Been trophy hunting, and getting more titles for my members in Graces F, and I got a few DLC like the Miku outfit for Sophie, and some bat type outfit for Cheria thats about it. My B-day is coming up I'll be asking for a 3,000 yen card so I can get more costumes for Asbel, Hubert, Pascal, Cheria, and Sophie(mainly the Idol Master costumes for the girls, and Flynn for Hubert, And Suzaku, and Haseo for Asbel) lol.Only Tales game I played for the PSP, I am not far in since I'm too hooked on Graces F is ToPNDX, and ToWRM3 for the PSP I recently hacked my PSP, so I can play the games I never could get.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
You got Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3 working? I can't find a working version. Also, does Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X play Tales of Phantasia X? The one I tried crashed when I tried to select that option.

ソラ

Years
You got Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3 working? I can't find a working version. Also, does Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X play Tales of Phantasia X? The one I tried crashed when I tried to select that option.
Yeah they both work for me. I just havent played all the way thats it. but I can load, save, and play for both of the games, and I did try the ToPX and it didnt crash for all for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Phantasia, along with Eternia, Destiny 2, and Rebirth are all going on the PSP for Tales of Namco's 15th Anniversary. Nooo idea if any of these will be released in English though. I kind of doubt it, but we won't know until they say something. First we'll have to wait for Graces and hopefully/maybe Xilia.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

Yeah they both work for me. I just havent played all the way thats it. but I can load, save, and play for both of the games, and I did try the ToPX and it didnt crash for all for me.

Damn! You have tell me what custom firmware you're using, which ISO loader, and where you got the ISOs! Pwetty Pwese?

ソラ

Years
Damn! You have tell me what custom firmware you're using, which ISO loader, and where you got the ISOs! Pwetty Pwese?
actually. I dont really know. I did hack it. But my friend said he never even heard of this hack, it doesnt brick your psp, or it does not need pandora battery. But I can show you a video; also its CFW 6.39, and I think im using m33 or something I'm still new to it. and I cant really say where i get my iso. but some I get from actually ripping the game from my UMD, but the tales games I got. I got from this site, which i can't advertise, maybe in a PM.

Spoiler:

on topic: I started my Asbel Solo for ToGF this is a gonna be fun :D

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

actually. I dont really know. I did hack it. But my friend said he never even heard of this hack, it doesnt brick your psp, or it does not need pandora battery. But I can show you a video; also its CFW 6.39, and I think im using m33 or something I'm still new to it. and I cant really say where i get my iso. but some I get from actually ripping the game from my UMD, but the tales games I got. I got from this site, which i can't advertise, maybe in a PM.

Spoiler:

on topic: I started my Asbel Solo for ToGF this is a gonna be fun :D

Yes, if you can send me the info through PM, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I'm trying to get Shadow in Tales of Phantasia. I know where he is, but I need the "Tools of Light". Anyone know what to do?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm too paranoid to hack my PSP. :( Not that I have much to lose because my PSP is literally falling apart (I have to hold the battery pack cover in place lmao). But it means I'm missing out on things I can't afford to import. Luckily I can probably just borrow most of the Tales games from David/parallelzero... besides, I've been so hooked on what I can get my hands on that I don't have to worry about anything else for a while. <_< I still have Radiant Mythology 2 to start but I've been like mastering the first Radiant Mythology (which I still haven't beaten yet) so... still a ways to go.

But playing the spin off Tales of the World games have really, really made me want to play Destiny and Destiny 2. :( I like the characters I meet from them and want to see how their story goes.

Back