• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Dark Purple & Hot Pink

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years

Pokémon:
Dark Purple & Hot Pink

Welcome to the amazing development thread of DP and HP.
Why Dark Purple and Hot Pink, you ask? Why not make it something involving metals, or gems? It's pure, and simple.

What Pokemon do we know that are purple and pink?
Hm...
151.png
150.png

Oh hey look!
One of those is HOT PINK, and one of those is DARK PURPLE.

Coincidence?
No - they are the mascots.

I currently am developing a story - but I have some screenshots.
rocket.PNG

This is introducing the new, recolored, red text boxes.

map1.PNG

map2.PNG

This is the "beginning" map of the game.

Constructive criticism would be helpful!

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
wow wasn't expecting a game from you!
i really like the text boxes and the map
but.... you might want to add a features section
also try to find a ow spriter for the character sprites
looking foreword to more!

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
Yeah,
I've changed the name to Dark Purple and Light Pink.

Referencing to their color, and their "aura"
One is Dark and Evil, one is Light and Good.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
w00t! You posted it here too! Anyway, I told you about the flaws and characteristics that make this game good and bad on PE. So you have my C&C. But I really like the inspriation for this.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
Okay well, new back story...

The people who discovered that mountain decided to make it into a cubelike square shape, because they wanted to be known as the people who created a square mountain. :P

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Okay well, new back story...

The people who discovered that mountain decided to make it into a cubelike square shape, because they wanted to be known as the people who created a square mountain. :P
It sounds like you made that story to avoid changing the map. -_-

Anywho, project looks good, but the mountain and the cave look blocky, just like Trace pointed out.

And what game maker are you making this with? 'Cause I have no clue.(No, actually, I do have one... the hero. If you're using Poccil's Essentials, and RPGXP, CREDIT Poccil, and say you're using RPGXP.)

And on the first map, I'm gonna say, stick with one type of house.
I know that one of those houses is double floored, and there's a lab, and there's some kind of tower, but those should be the only exceptions. And flowers on the beach? Think about real life. Do we see flowers, or ANY kind of plant life, growing in the sand, on a beach? Remove the flowers, and if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO keep them, for some event or something, use the same flowers that you have on the grass. The FR/LG ones. Don't suddenly switch to R/S/E ones for the beach.

...Why palm trees and regular trees? Why not ALL palm trees?

That ends constructive criticism for the day! :P

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
It sounds like you made that story to avoid changing the map. -_-
Maybe. :3

Anywho, project looks good, but the mountain and the cave look blocky, just like Trace pointed out.

And what game maker are you making this with? 'Cause I have no clue.(No, actually, I do have one... the hero. If you're using Poccil's Essentials, and RPGXP, CREDIT Poccil, and say you're using RPGXP.)

And on the first map, I'm gonna say, stick with one type of house.
I know that one of those houses is double floored, and there's a lab, and there's some kind of tower, but those should be the only exceptions. And flowers on the beach? Think about real life. Do we see flowers, or ANY kind of plant life, growing in the sand, on a beach? Remove the flowers, and if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO keep them, for some event or something, use the same flowers that you have on the grass. The FR/LG ones. Don't suddenly switch to R/S/E ones for the beach.

...Why palm trees and regular trees? Why not ALL palm trees?

That ends constructive criticism for the day! :P

I never realized most of those problems until you said them. Thanks. xD!

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Yes, PLEASE Listen to Trace, your map is horribly Blocky.. Never EVER have maps that are Square, Follow Straight Paths, and or empty..
(Take it from a former rom hacker, whom's maps got nothing below a 8.7/10 xP)

Back