• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I must say, impressive progression with this program. Your work has been incredible. The GUI is amazing, it's easy to learn to use for the most part, it's clean and convenient. I'd marry it if I could. However I am having some slight issues and I'm hoping you could provide some insight as to whether it's something wrong on my end, or a potential bug.

Not sure if it's a problem with the application and unsure how far along Team Fail has come along in solving it but when maps are imported the textures are severely distorted

I also receive an error if I click on the wild pokemon editor, which is:

Thanks for your support. That error you sent seems a problem in the Wild Pokémon Editor, and apparently it's caused by a Pokémon with an invalid level number. The tool has a level number limit set to 100, and if it finds something incorrect, it throws an error. Never force a level higher than 100 by hex, because the game won't know how to handle it and neither will SDSME. In case you haven't touched that file before, which game is it? And which Wild Pokémon file did you select?

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
Spiky's DS Map Editor
by Spiky-Eared Pichu

The next step after Pokémon Gen IV Map Converter is here! Including all the features from the original tool, SDSME opens the way to matrix and header hacking. It also includes 3D viewers for maps and buildings, and visual editors as well. Everything can be done with only a few clicks!

Supported games are:

• Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (All languages)
  • Pokémon Platinum (All languages)
  • Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (All languages)
The following features are available in the current version:

• Header editing
  • Map editing (includes section import/export and permission and building editors)
  • Tileset viewing
  • Matrix editing
  • Text editing
  • Event editing
  • Wild Pokémon editing
  • Trainer editing

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Download

v1.6.0 (31/12/2012): AITCHTEETEEPEE://wwwDOTmediafireDOTcom/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Note: .NET Framework 4 or a newer version is required to run the tool

1.6.0! Thanks! You are the master!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Can anyone please tell me how i can edit maps in google sketchup i have opened the map in sketchup succesfully and i got the nintendo tools. But i need help how edit the map in there.

SolusX

Poké Hacker Noob
Years
Thanks for your support. That error you sent seems a problem in the Wild Pokémon Editor, and apparently it's caused by a Pokémon with an invalid level number. The tool has a level number limit set to 100, and if it finds something incorrect, it throws an error. Never force a level higher than 100 by hex, because the game won't know how to handle it and neither will SDSME. In case you haven't touched that file before, which game is it? And which Wild Pokémon file did you select?

I actually didn't get to touch any pokemon. As soon as the button is pressed, that error shows. It's a fresh, untouched ROM .

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I actually didn't get to touch any pokemon. As soon as the button is pressed, that error shows. It's a fresh, untouched ROM .

Unless you tell me the ROM you're using (Diamond, Pearl, etc) and the Wild Pokémon index (the combobox at the top-left corner) you're trying to save, I won't be able to do anything to solve it. I can't guess the game you're using, because the editor layout changes depending on the game you're using. Thank you very much.

SolusX

Poké Hacker Noob
Years
Unless you tell me the ROM you're using (Diamond, Pearl, etc) and the Wild Pokémon index (the combobox at the top-left corner) you're trying to save, I won't be able to do anything to solve it. I can't guess the game you're using, because the editor layout changes depending on the game you're using. Thank you very much.

My apologies.
Pokemon Soul Silver
Error is encountered upon pressing the "Wild Pokemon Editor" button.
It starts at Wild Pokemon 0.
If I change to Wild Pokemon 1 I get another error saying"
InvalidArgument=Value of '536' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex.' Parameter name: Selected Index.
Selecting any other Pokemon produces the same result except the value is 800 instead of 536.
All of the boxes are blank. There are no visible Pokemon stats.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years

I was wondering if anyone got this error on HG(US) Rom.

When clicking on building tileset 20 the entire tool just FREEZES and end process!
Maybe there's a bug, if not maybe just something rom with my computer!?!

BTW if anybody who's got 3DS Max 2008 working with Nitro Plugins, you should make a tutorial, or PM how to install it correctly!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have fixed the wild Pokémon bug. Apparently I made a typo with a path, sorry! You can redownload it from the same link, it'll show up as version "1.6.1".

@VERGUNDAI, does it happen in the model list or in the tileset editor. It may be caused by an incompatibility when matching the model and the textures, so maybe these are not the correct textures.

SolusX

Poké Hacker Noob
Years
I have fixed the wild Pokémon bug. Apparently I made a typo with a path, sorry! You can redownload it from the same link, it'll show up as version "1.6.1".

@VERGUNDAI, does it happen in the model list or in the tileset editor. It may be caused by an incompatibility when matching the model and the textures, so maybe these are not the correct textures.

The problem was solved. Thanks!

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years

Yep that's whats happening, probably because I import building textures from different files...
Thanks for the heads-up.

-it's happening in the tileset editor right when I click on tileset 20 for buildings?!?

I used a clean HGSS Rom...and it happens everytime...

Last edited:

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Yep that's whats happening, probably because I import building textures from different files...
Thanks for the heads-up.

-it's happening in the tileset editor right when I click on tileset 20 for buildings?!?

I used a clean HGSS Rom...and it happens everytime...

I have found an explanation, and it's based on both a trick by GameFreak and a flaw in SDSME. From what I've understood, GameFreak used more tilesets during early HGSS versions than in the final release, and they removed the files. However, as deleting them would change the index of the other tilesets, they inserted 4-byte dummy files. SDSME has automatic invalid file detection, but in this case it wasn't prepared to handle such small files, hence it froze when trying to read it. I'll fix this in the next release and warning messages will appear.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
The language of the program is determined by the language the PC is set to. If you have your PC in English, SDSME will appear in English, and the same will happen with Spanish and Italian. Other languages aren't available yet.
This is strange... I'm italian so the language in my computer is italian but when i open the tool it appear in english. Why?

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

Spoiler:

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
This is strange... I'm italian so the language in my computer is italian but when i open the tool it appear in english. Why?

I'll add a manual language switch for those who have problems :)

I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.

You're the second person to report that bug, and I have no idea why it happens. But it looks like there's something wrong when converting header values to bytes, and maybe I forgot to make a setting explicit. I'll look at it now.

I want to make an own texture and palette editor, with separate options. For now the only way is MKDS, but I think you can avoid that problem if you change the order of the palette colours when indexing, so the multiple images use the exact same palette in the same order.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Spiky how can i edit maps?? i have google skethup with plugins but i dont know how to edit the map

$_$

?????????
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:

• Tileset freezes
  • Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
  • Language problems (added a language selector)
As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on :)

Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:

• Tileset freezes
  • Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
  • Language problems (added a language selector)
As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways :)

Spiky why am i only get corrupted results when add Objects to the map. Building works just fine but not objects likes trees etc.

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

screenshot_zpsb8c94a26.png

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]

Back