• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
An idea just struck me. Would it be possible to change FireRed's Pokedex to Ruby's? I know nothing about how it can be done, but would it be possible & practical to do it?

It's possible, but I forgot who can help you with that, but I'm pretty sure Chaos Rush knows the guy who can rearrange the order of the PokéDex.

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm actually on a Fire Red rom hack, and I want my new game to be able to bypass the 510 EVs limit (so every single stat can go up to 255).

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Gah, this has got to be super basic, but how do you edit a script you've already made and compiled? I have XSE linked into A-map but whenever I click 'open script' it comes up looking different (with a lot of '--------------- instead of the #dynamic 0x800D etc.) and even if I write the whole thing out again with the edits I want in and press compile, it says it's compiled a thee bottom but if I then close and reopen the script the same '-------- stuff is back with no edits. I pressed 'decompile' just trying different things but it didn't do anything noticeable.

Thanks for being patient with this n00b.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
Can someone please tell me how to edit pokemon crystal sprites, i am a newbie, I just want the charizard sprite in crystal replaced by the one from silver since it's much cooler, if someone does it for me il give £10 paypal :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
I need some help...

Whenever I walk into a warp the screen just goes black and freezes, help?

Gah, this has got to be super basic, but how do you edit a script you've already made and compiled? I have XSE linked into A-map but whenever I click 'open script' it comes up looking different (with a lot of '--------------- instead of the #dynamic 0x800D etc.) and even if I write the whole thing out again with the edits I want in and press compile, it says it's compiled a thee bottom but if I then close and reopen the script the same '-------- stuff is back with no edits. I pressed 'decompile' just trying different things but it didn't do anything noticeable.

The reason the script looks different is because you compiled it...

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I need some help...

Whenever I walk into a warp the screen just goes black and freezes, help?

What do you mean about this warp in A-map I assume....

Well here's your problem you might haven't inserted digits I'll just give you an example...

To warp no: 0
Map Bank : 0
Map: 0

You might have let your warp untouched but If that's not your problem you might have messed up your ROM....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ummm... I need help practically this is about scripting how can you a battle script continuous after losing to a battle?

Well continuing script when winning is easy how about losing?

How can you overwrite the pokecenter script\house script that will warp you there after losing to a battle?

Ex.

Does this something to do with these?

trainerbattle 0x9 0x1 0x? <- What should I put into this? well in the first battle aginst your rival the scripts continues after losing\winning the battle the code there "trainerbattle 0x9 0x1 0x3" But when you use this PROF.OAK teaches you how to battle lol. :)

Oh and also in wildbattle how to do this?

Wildbattle 0x? 0x1 0x? <- What should you input here? Well I think this one's more important for me to know than the trainerbattle....

Hope this doesn't include any ASM for me to understand quickly....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

It's because, one of the things that compiling does is that it defines the offsets. They are no longer 'dynamic' - they are actually associated to a particular offset within the ROM.

In other words, the labels you gave them, such as '@start', no longer apply. They are now numbers.

As for the lines, they are just XSE's way of separating different parts of decompiled scripts. It's not actually messed up in game.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ummm... I need help practically this is about scripting how can you a battle script continuous after losing to a battle?

Well continuing script when winning is easy how about losing?

How can you overwrite the pokecenter script\house script that will warp you there after losing to a battle?

Ex.

Does this something to do with these?

trainerbattle 0x9 0x1 0x? <- What should I put into this? well in the first battle aginst your rival the scripts continues after losing\winning the battle the code there "trainerbattle 0x9 0x1 0x3" But when you use this PROF.OAK teaches you how to battle lol. :)
I think trainerbattle 0x9 is the only one that lets you continue, even if you lose, and that's with 0x3 in the ? spot. Since you don't want that, you'll need to do something with ASM

Oh and also in wildbattle how to do this?

Wildbattle 0x? 0x1 0x? <- What should you input here? Well I think this one's more important for me to know than the trainerbattle....

Hope this doesn't include any ASM for me to understand quickly....

Are we still on the subject of not fainting? In general, the first parameter is the species, and the third parameter is the item held. So a battle with a level 5 Bulbasaur holding an Ultra Ball is:

wildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x2

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I think trainerbattle 0x9 is the only one that lets you continue, even if you lose, and that's with 0x3 in the ? spot. Since you don't want that, you'll need to do something with ASM

Are we still on the subject of not fainting? In general, the first parameter is the species, and the third parameter is the item held. So a battle with a level 5 Bulbasaur holding an Ultra Ball is:

wildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x2

Thanks but in wildbattle what i meant to say was what will I input there to make the script continue after losing... :)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

If you're wanting to decompile the LAST script you compiled, you can place the #clean compiler directive after the #dynamic 0xblah.

This will clean the last script you compiled from the ROM before inserting the current one in its place. I'm pretty sure it only works with the last script you compiled though, and only if you compiled it this time you opened XSE (although that may be wrong).

The only other way's to find it in a hex editor and simply blank the length of the script you want to remove with 0xFFs.

Thanks but in wildbattle what i meant to say was what will I input there to make the script continue after losing...

You can't. Wildbattle simply is not designed to allow for you losing and NOT whiting out. However, there may be a little trick open to you. There is an actual script hidden in the background of the game which executes the actual whiting out when it is required. In theory, you could put an ASM routine there to "catch" the loss with a certain variable set. Or potentially, hack the result routines to make the game think you won the battle, when you actually lost.

One thing is for sure, you would HAVE to heal the Pokémon on your team before you continued, since there are checks in the game which execute every 6 steps (or so) which white you out if your entire team has fainted.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@jambo51

thanks but how about in trainerbattle how can make the script continue after losing without using the oak battle tutorial?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Thanks so much for your explanations, guys! Is there really no way to edit scripts once you compile them though, or even re-use the offset? I'm probably missing something...

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Thanks so much for your explanations, guys! Is there really no way to edit scripts once you compile them though, or even re-use the offset? I'm probably missing something...

You can re-edit them in changing text and everything ex.

Here's a decompiled script....

'---------------
#org 0x162EFE
trainerbattle 0x0 0xA4 0x0 0x817973A 0x817975F
msgbox 0x8179777 0x6 '"I dislike you."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17973A
= Get Lost!

#org 0x17975F
= This isn't fair.

#org 0x179777
= I dislike you.

Then just replace the offsets with pointers and remove the unecessary text like

'---------
' Strings
'---------
'---------------
'"I dislike you."
etc....

For me editing scripts is really easy don't know what's your problem...
It's maybe because your a begginer right?

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
how would i add a whole new sprite to the game, i want the sprite to be like a second rival so how will i make it appear in differnet locations.

P.S this is for Fire Red

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
how would i add a whole new sprite to the game, i want the sprite to be like a second rival so how will i make it appear in differnet locations.

P.S this is for Fire Red

First, you need to add an overworld sprite of your choice for the rival. Use OWE to do that. Then in Advance Map simply add a new person event and change the picture number to the one of your new OW. lastly, add scripts to involve him as your rival.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

P.S this is for Fire Red

I'll prefer if you use NamelessSpriteEditor(NSE) just download it on google then after that load your ROM and you can see Sprites there and just edit them all with your hearts desire... :)

Then you can put them in the game By simple opening A-map and then add new person event and select the sprite no. and whala!

There's your sprite... :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Can someone help me? I'm using A-Map, and I want to warp to a cave, but it just makes the screen black and freezes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back