• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Chaos Dragon Deck Review

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So I just finished making my deck, tryin to play more, but work keeps getting in my way. Finally get a weekend off to meet my friends and play. So I finally got around to fine tuning my Dragon deck and switched to the Chaos format.

JWxdM.png

Monsters:30
x3 Ryko, The Lightsworn Hunter
x1 Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
x2 Eclipse Wyvern
x2 Card Trooper
x1 Chaos Sorcerer
x2 Darkflare Dragon
x1 Dark Armed Dragon
x1 Sangan
x1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Effect Veiler
x3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x3 Lightpulsar Dragon
x1 Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
x1 Honest
x2 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
x2 Interplanitarypurplethorny Dragon
x2 Divine Dragon Apocralyph

Spells: 10
x2 Forbidden Lance
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Charge of the Light Brigade
x1 Shrink
x1 Book of the Moon
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Dark Hole

Extra Deck: 15
x1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
x1 Number 7: Lucky Straight
x1 Avenging Knight Parshath
x2 Stardust Dragon
x2 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Number 39: Utopia
x2 Wind-up Zenmaister
x1 Steelswarm Roach
x1 Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
x1 Number 25: Force Focus
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Dark End Dragon

Side Deck: 15
x1 Miracle Dig
x1 Enemy Controller
x2 Shield Crush
x1 Photon Sanctuary
x1 Shrink
x2 Photon Wyvern
x2 Fabled Raven
x1 Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
x1 Burial from a Different Dimension
x1 Leeching the Light
x1 Card Destruction
x1 Pot of Avarice

Already had a few people look at it. Most aren't big into the game so really didn't know what to do with the deck XD

My brother who is more competative than I am took a look and said I should find a way to add in Necro Gardna and D.D. Crow into the deck. He had a few other ideas as well but I didn't own any of the cards he mentioned.

I also don't own Solar Recharge or Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning. So anything other than adding those two would be appreciated. Suggestions on any form of tampering to make it better would be nice as well~ I'm open to ideas, but please don't argue if I say no to certain strategies.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you can find space, or at least afford them, you can consider a couple copies of Tour Guide from the Underworld (because Sangan is in there).

You don't have too many level 7s in your deck, so I'd take Lucky Straight out of your Extra. Its effect relies too much luck to work too. In that slot, you could use another Rank 6, like Inzektor Exa-Beetle or Photon Strike Bounzer, or even a Rank 5, like Tiras, Keeper of Genesis or Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon (if you can get them; both of the Rank 5s I mentioned are in Generation Force and Battle Pack: Epic Dawn).

Years
Main Deck:
-2 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
-2 Interplanitarypurplethorny Dragon
-1 Shrink
-2 Interplanitarypurplethorny Dragon

+2 Tour Guide from the Underworld
+1 Pot of Avarice
+3 Solar Recharge
+1 Mind Control

Extra Deck:
x2 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x2 Number 39: Utopia
x1 Number C39: Utopia Ray
x1 Steelswarm Roach

x1 Hieratic King of Atum
x2 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
x1 Photon Strike Bounzer
x1 Sword Breaker

x1 Stardust Dragon
x1 Colossal Fighter
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Dark End Dragon

This is what I think you should do to change the deck! :)
If you want me to explain any of the changes, just ask! :3​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tour Guide is an expensive card XD It would be blind luck for me to get one as I wouldn't be able to afford one by itself.

($60-80 card)

If you could explain the changes I'd appreciate it. Everyone I've talked to said to keep Jain and add a third one in XD

Also don't have any of these: Hieratic King of Atum, Photon Strike Bounzer, Sword Breaker, Colossal Fighter. Very little chance I can get them too. They are expensive. x_x

Years
Actually, they aren't that expensive...

Main Deck:
-2 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin (There is no point in this deck unless you are running pure LS)
-2 Interplanitarypurplethorny Dragon (Doesn't fit that much)
-1 Shrink (Can easily be stopped)
-2 Interplanitarypurplethorny Dragon (Meh, not a fan)

+2 Tour Guide from the Underworld (Awesome card)
+1 Pot of Avarice (Epic card in this deck)
+3 Solar Recharge (Broken card in this deck)
+1 Mind Control (Broken card in general)

With prices:
Tour Guide = $15 (Battle pack reprint)
Hieratic King of Atum = $15
Photon Strike Bounzer = $30
Sword Breaker = $7
Colossal Fighter = $3

They are very cheap, apart from Photon Strike Bounzer.​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
At the shop I go to those prices aren't right XD

Tour Guide is $60-80 (Battle pack to original set)
Atum is 30ish
Bounzer is 50 (Tried to trade it for a Maxx C that I ended up pulling but got ripped off by the owner...never really doing business there again.)
Sword Breaker I think was 15
Colossal was 25 (Cause of how many people use the damned card)

As for Jain, its cause of his natural +300 ATK ability and light sworn search engine for the deck. Ryko's is a one time deal leaving just Lyla and Card Trooper as main Pitch cards. Jain is actually the only other LS considered a staple for this type of deck. I can take them out, yes, but at the moment don't have anything to replace them with.

You list Interplanetarypurplythorny twice XD With two different reasons. XD Its basically just Psuedo Gorz. I lose a Monster, I get to special summon one especially if I lost a monster by my own card effects like Dark hole.

Other than wasting a Solumn Judgement or using some cost related trap card that stops spells, not to many people even try to stop shrink unless its on their main focus card.

Using only 6 cards would make Solar Recharge fairly slow in my deck as well. All the more reason to keep Jain if not just for that. WHEN I can get Recharges I can test it out without Jain just to see how it runs, though I can't afford a play set of them at the moment. Gunna have to see if I can pull up some favors to get it.

I think you may have been refering to Divine Dragon Apocaryth before XD In which case those may very well be coming out as their only purpose was Sangan bait and Switching out dragon monsters in my graveyard like putting Light Pulsar in it or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal in the Grave for easier access.

I'm looking to switch them out for Necro Gardna.

Lucky Straight is there for the Photon Wyverns in the Side deck until I can fit a better side deck to better support my main deck. Course I'd have to balance out my Main deck first.

SUPPOSED to be having someone come over later today to help me with the deck.

Back