• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Latter Years [M] [OOC]

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'll most certainly be reading this RP. I'm super curious if this trend of simpler-made roleplays are going bode well in the long run; I hope they do! They seem to get a following very quickly.

they do if you're weeaboo trash

Yuri's name was actually random at all. For Momoko, i just tried to pull my head to get ideas... It looks Japanese tbh.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Surprising that no one posted yet. Then again, people still have life. And we are closer to break. So in the easter i expect activity. Cause it's vacations.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I always preferred to have someone start. So i could then go by something. Unless you want me to start. Which again, i'm fine.

Years
No one wants to be first. :p I wonder if you'd give us a GM post, perhaps? To set up the scene, the NPCs, whatever. It MAY help.

I am working on a post, although it's a character post not a GM one. It should still get the ball rolling if nobody else has posted yet though.

I was going to do work on it tonight but I feel like crap which never leaves me feeling creative.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Throwing it out there: Anyone here find Quetzalli interesting enough to be interacting with her during her first post, or should I go solo? Don't have anything in particular planned yet but I do know my birdy loves sungazing and fortunetelling. Might open dramatically, probably in medias res.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I did, but i think she'd only be able to interact with Momoko and Yuri. Don't see it with Tony or Gelius. Unless she likes playing Card Games. then she can hang out with Tony.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Name Carter
Age 72

APPEARANCE
Despite his age, Carter stands tall, without the need for a wheelchair or walking aid; the years he spent as an explorer and doing field work at excavation sites helped him stay relatively active and fit. He's a bit on the skinny side these days though, having lost a bit of weight and muscle since retirement. His shedding has slowed down significantly with age, and because of that, his scales are usually a bit pallid and dull.

PERSONALITY
Insufferably condescending even in his youth, he's never had many friends as there are few around him that he finds interesting enough to befriend, or can match his intellect (in his opinion). There are also few who meet his criteria and can put up with him, so he generally keeps to himself, though he can be quite glib towards others when he needs something from them.

Carter's never been one to sit still, which doesn't bode well with retirement or his new life at Beatrice's Aged Care Facility. Back when he was an archaeologist, there was always something for him to channel his energy into and concentrate on, but he grows restless quite easily and gets fidgety when bored; he'll find ways to entertain himself if he doesn't have anything to do, which usually ends in disaster for those around, so it's best to keep an eye on him.

HISTORY
Born and raised in Lively Town, Carter worked as an archaeologist in the Expedition Society for most of his adult life. While his duties on the team chiefly involved poring over books, studying the history of the world and providing the other guild members with his advice and knowledge on locations they would be travelling to, he was also a formidable explorer. He would occasionally venture out with the other members, especially when adventures involved travelling to excavation sites or other locations where he felt there would be opportunities to unearth more mysteries for the purpose of his research.

He has always been particularly fascinated with humans and their history as well; the crew once found a decrepit lab that was seemingly built by humans, and Carter was very impressed with the technology they uncovered there. He took as many of the artifacts as he could back to study, take apart and replicate, and from that day on, it had become one of his main hobbies to build new contraptions from spare electrical parts in his free time.

Carter was briefly married in his late 20s, to an Ampharos who was also an explorer - unfortunately, they were, in many ways, too similar for the relationship to last. As both of them prioritized their work above all else at the time, family life was not ideal, and with both being rather stubborn and non-communicative of their feelings, things eventually soured to the point where they had to separate. The silver lining of the marriage was that it blessed him with Mara, his daughter. Their relationship was off to a bit of a rough start - admittedly, he is not too fond of children, and as he spent most of his time working, there were many years where he only had minimal contact with his daughter. However, when his marriage ended, he became the sole caretaker of Mara, and as they spent more time together, he noticed how much she took after him - in terms of her interests, wits and aspirations, at least; thankfully, she is much more personable and warm. From there, their relationship improved steadily and Carter has come to regard Mara as one of the better things in his life.

Carter retired at 65, but his energy and curiosity did not dampen with age. This actually caused him to become a bit of a troublemaker at home for his daughter, who now has her own family. Without having to work, Carter turned solely to his passion for taking apart and rebuilding any electrical contraptions he could get his hands on, but without access to the right equipment, this proved to be quite a nuisance to the family, and even dangerous at times (and the whole aging thing doesn't help - makes him more prone to errors and all). They put up with his eccentric hobby for quite a few years, but when he accidentally blew up the toaster at breakfast about 3 months ago, Mara and her husband ultimately decided that it may be best for everyone if Carter were to live in a facility where he could be supervised full time by professionals, and socialize with Pokémon his own age. The family still loves him and visits often, but perhaps he could make some friends here, learn how to relax and enjoy retirement the "right" way from the folks at Beatrice the Blissey's Aged Care Facility.

WISH
While he'd never admit it, he actually does feel a little lonely sometimes, and wishes for the company of someone with similar life experiences as himself - he enjoys his daughter's visits, but he wouldn't mind making a friend or two at the facility. If only the right Pokémon would come along.

Years

Name Carter
Age 72

APPEARANCE
Despite his age, Carter stands tall, without the need for a wheelchair or walking aid; the years he spent as an explorer and doing field work at excavation sites helped him stay relatively active and fit. He's a bit on the skinny side these days though, having lost a bit of weight and muscle since retirement. His shedding has slowed down significantly with age, and because of that, his scales are usually a bit pallid and dull.

PERSONALITY
Insufferably condescending even in his youth, he's never had many friends as there are few around him that he finds interesting enough to befriend, or can match his intellect (in his opinion). There are also few who meet his criteria and can put up with him, so he generally keeps to himself, though he can be quite glib towards others when he needs something from them.

Carter's never been one to sit still, which doesn't bode well with retirement or his new life at Beatrice's Aged Care Facility. Back when he was an archaeologist, there was always something for him to channel his energy into and concentrate on, but he grows restless quite easily and gets fidgety when bored; he'll find ways to entertain himself if he doesn't have anything to do, which usually ends in disaster for those around, so it's best to keep an eye on him.

HISTORY
Born and raised in Lively Town, Carter worked as an archaeologist in the Expedition Society for most of his adult life. While his duties on the team chiefly involved poring over books, studying the history of the world and providing the other guild members with his advice and knowledge on locations they would be travelling to, he was also a formidable explorer. He would occasionally venture out with the other members, especially when adventures involved travelling to excavation sites or other locations where he felt there would be opportunities to unearth more mysteries for the purpose of his research.

He has always been particularly fascinated with humans and their history as well; the crew once found a decrepit lab that was seemingly built by humans, and Carter was very impressed with the technology they uncovered there. He took as many of the artifacts as he could back to study, take apart and replicate, and from that day on, it had become one of his main hobbies to build new contraptions from spare electrical parts in his free time.

Carter was briefly married in his late 20s, to an Ampharos who was also an explorer - unfortunately, they were, in many ways, too similar for the relationship to last. As both of them prioritized their work above all else at the time, family life was not ideal, and with both being rather stubborn and non-communicative of their feelings, things eventually soured to the point where they had to separate. The silver lining of the marriage was that it blessed him with Mara, his daughter. Their relationship was off to a bit of a rough start - admittedly, he is not too fond of children, and as he spent most of his time working, there were many years where he only had minimal contact with his daughter. However, when his marriage ended, he became the sole caretaker of Mara, and as they spent more time together, he noticed how much she took after him - in terms of her interests, wits and aspirations, at least; thankfully, she is much more personable and warm. From there, their relationship improved steadily and Carter has come to regard Mara as one of the better things in his life.

Carter retired at 65, but his energy and curiosity did not dampen with age. This actually caused him to become a bit of a troublemaker at home for his daughter, who now has her own family. Without having to work, Carter turned solely to his passion for taking apart and rebuilding any electrical contraptions he could get his hands on, but without access to the right equipment, this proved to be quite a nuisance to the family, and even dangerous at times (and the whole aging thing doesn't help - makes him more prone to errors and all). They put up with his eccentric hobby for quite a few years, but when he accidentally blew up the toaster at breakfast about 3 months ago, Mara and her husband ultimately decided that it may be best for everyone if Carter were to live in a facility where he could be supervised full time by professionals, and socialize with Pokémon his own age. The family still loves him and visits often, but perhaps he could make some friends here, learn how to relax and enjoy retirement the "right" way from the folks at Beatrice the Blissey's Aged Care Facility.

WISH
While he'd never admit it, he actually does feel a little lonely sometimes, and wishes for the company of someone with similar life experiences as himself - he enjoys his daughter's visits, but he wouldn't mind making a friend or two at the facility. If only the right Pokémon would come along.

Welcome to the RP :D

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Does anyone plan any interactions? Any of my characters are fine. (Unless you try to talk to Momoko. She is always alone.)

Years
Does anyone plan any interactions? Any of my characters are fine. (Unless you try to talk to Momoko. She is always alone.)

I'm mostly set for my next post when I get around to it but I don't think anyone else really has plans. Try VMing people or pinging them in the Discord chat too.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'm mostly set for my next post when I get around to it but I don't think anyone else really has plans. Try VMing people or pinging them in the Discord chat too.

Again, i don't have discord chat. You gotta invite me.

Back