• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragonball Z Movie 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
SPOILER WARNING, THIS THREAD CONTAINS THE ENTIRE MOVIE IN SUMMARY FORM

Description:
The Z warriors (excluding Goku) are introduced to two new surviving Sayajinns. We find out that one of them is named Paragas, while the other remains temporarily anonymous. These Sayajinns wish to make a new home for their kind, with Vegeta as king. Goku happens to be at a school interview, but is contacted by King Kai and is told that a Sayajinn of immense power utterly destroyed the South Galaxy, and is now heading towards the North Galaxy bound on wreaking havoc. Meanwhile, the Z warriors have decided to venture to New Vegeta, and after arriving catch wind that the legendary Super Sayajinn is heading towards the North Galaxy. They form a team with Paragas's son Brolly to see if they can find out any extra information, but all they discover is that New Vegeta is being constructed mostly by slaves. During their expedition Goku teleports to join them. We soon find out that Paragas knows of a comet which will eventually collide with New Vegeta destroying the planet. In the middle of the following night, Brolly attacks Goku, but Paragas is able to stop him by use of a remote control linking to an odd electronic necklace Brolly wears. The next morning, Goku informs Vegeta that he has recognized Brolly as the legendary Super Sayajinn. Trunks then informs his father that New Vegeta was simply a ploy, and Paragas confirms this, stating that he and Brolly were disposed of as trash from Old Planet Vegeta and left for dead. Thanks to Brolly's awesome powers, they managed to survive. They plan to exact revenge on Vegeta and take over Earth. Vegita is afraid of Brolly, after admitting to himself that he really is the legendary SSJ. Brolly has meanwhile broken the control device around his neck and is fighting against all the Z warriors, with the exception of the terrified Vegeta. When things are looking grim for the Z warriors, Piccolo arrives with a senzu for everyone. Krillin and Master Roshi are able to escape to safety through Piccolo's spaceship, and Vegeta finally begins to fight Brolly. The giant comet has already begun to descend on New Vegeta, and Paragas attempts to escape in pod, only to be killed by his son. Goku continues to fight Brolly even as the comet descends on them, but to no avail. At last, Piccolo instructs everyone to give their strength to Goku. They do so, but Vegeta is too full of pride to commit. Eventually he allows himself, and Goku is given enough power to defeat Brolly. Just as the comet is about to blow New Vegita to smithereens, Goku teleports everyone to safety and a happy ending ensues.

---------------------------------------------------

Not only, does this DBZ movie have two of the greatest characters in the entire series (Brolly and Future Trunks), but it has one of the longest (and coolest) fight scenes I've ever seen in an anime. Brolly is just...*explosion sound* I know its not a real level, but anyone could see why the would call Brolly an Ultimate Super Sayajinn! Though I didn't quite enjoy Krillin's singing, it was bare-able and only made the movie funnier when everyone left while he was singing. Now that Paragus and Brolly are gone, I guess Goku and Vegeta are the only pure blood Sayajinns left now. And of course Master Roshi does us proud with his funny comments, and his sudden courage to take on Brolly a quarter of the way into the big fight scene, before leaving. But anyway... DBZ Movie 8 gets a 9/10, and if it were not for the...rather anti-dramatic ending, it would of gained a perfect score, espically with that awesome fight. Also, Krillin's singing, agian, didn't help the score much either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Blue, this isn't spam, this is a summary and a discussion topic... if you think something is spam, don't just post that in the topic - contact a moderator or something to check it out. =\ Otherwise, it's just kind of rude.

._. Anyway, I want to see this movie because it has Future Trunks in it. *cough* :)

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
Lightning said:
._. Anyway, I want to see this movie because it has Future Trunks in it. *cough* :)
Mirai Trunks is cool, but Brolly r0x0rz my s0x0rz, he is the reason I watched the movie (But I gurantee Ultimate Super Saiyan 2 Trunks could take down USSJ2 Brolly with ease).

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Ya but still i don like this movie movie 9 and 13 are great ones and gohan got his butt kicked to fast really pissed me off and there is no uss2 only uss1 and SSS3.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
No, actually there is USSJ2. USSJ2 is the extreme form of SSJ2, its more powerful then SSJ3 and rivals the power of SSJ4; had Brolly survived somehow and appeared in GT, Gogeta would of been in for one **** of a fight.

As USSJ1 is the extreme form of SSJ, USSJ2 is the extreme form of USSJ2, which both Brolly and Trunks have reached. They aren't really SSJ forms, they are just powered up stages of SSJ and SSJ2. Trunks reached USSJ2 in the Cell Saga, Mirai Trunks that is, and Brolly had always been USSJ2, he's never been in any other stage then that I believe. In USSJ, your muscle mass and power increase greatly and your speed decreases, however, in USSJ2 your muscle mass and power increase to an EXTREME like Brolly and Mirai Trunks did; just look at Brolly's puny little non-SSJ body, then his body in USSJ2 and you will understand.

I don't care if you don't listen, because I am one of the biggest Dragonball Z Otakus alive and I know this for a fact. I have nearly every part of DBZ in my head and almost all of the powerlevels memorized as well. I can name stuff you don't even know about from DBZ. Now...[/end rant]

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
he never reached uss 2 in cell saga that was SupremeSuperSayian 2 that he reached it's a level just below ss 2 and can be counted as a real level

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
There is no Supreme Super Saiyan, sure, it could be another name for Ultimate Super Saiyan, but Ultimate Super Saiyan 2 is ABOVE SSJ2, as its called ULTIMATE or SUPREME, whatever. Trunks is standing in his armor, his powering up and lightning is striking the ground around him due to his massive power, and his muscles engorge theirselves and he becomes gigantic; USSJ2. Thats all I've seen of the scene when he becomes it, for some reason I've never seen the rest of that episode.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
It was USSJ2, fool, do you understand nothing about controlling mass amounts of power? Trunks was too inexperienced to handle that much power, that he gained in such a short amount of time, and therefor he could not hold the USSJ2 state for an alongeted period of time.

Cherrim

Years
Let's calm it down a bit... :o We don't want anything unpleasant erupting from this. ._.;;

kill.harp

Kagemane master
Years
that wouldn't make sense, sean, because gohan was ss2 when he beat cell, and Mirai Trunks couldn't defeat perfect cell when he first became it...because his speed and strength couldn't match it. And, he was unable to stop the transformation. It's all good and well to say he wasn't able to control it and so forth...but if you check most DBZ sites, they'll tell you the level of power, and Mirai was only USS, which is right below gohan's ss2.

edit: I think his muscles bulked up because that's what happens when you go USS. Your strength greatly increases. The lightning was probably because he was close to being ss2, like when gohan and cell had lightning flashing around them when they powered up.

Last edited:

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
kill.harp said:
but if you check most DBZ sites, they'll tell you the level of power,
Most DBZ sites are based off the sh!t that Cartoon Network airs and tries to call Anime. And most sites don't have information direct from Akira Toryima and the people whom helped produce DBZ.

kill.harp said:
edit: I think his muscles bulked up because that's what happens when you go USS. Your strength greatly increases.
USSJ is basically SSJ times two, and USSJ2 is SSJ2 times two. Your muscle mass increases in both stages to show off how much power you have gained; USSJ muscle mass is quite a bit, but USSJ2 is what Mirai Trunks looked like during the Cell Saga and what Brolly looks like whenever he transforms.

kill.harp said:
The lightning was probably because he was close to being ss2, like when gohan and cell had lightning flashing around them when they powered up.
Wrong. SSJ2 only has bits of electricity in the air current around the fighter at SSJ2, there are NEVER full bolts of lightning.

On another note, SS is not the real intials for Super Saiyan. The original spelling, the correct way, is to say "Super Sayajinn". Only the translated would be SS, because thats how the translated spells Super Saiyan. And on another note, Namekians were originally called Nake-sayajinns. Just a bit of information I thought I should share :)

HiKaizer

Beer Drinking Dragon God
Years
I have to agree with kill.harp because it just would be completely stupid for Trunks to have gone USSJ2 when Gohan was stronger than him at SSJ2. As for the lightning bolts why is it really important what the weather does? **** if you fight in space there wouldn't be lightning bolts and they could still have the same power levels (ignoring breathing problems)

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2006
didnt it also say that being in that larger form makes u slower therefore unfavorable, cell and goku also did it in the cell saga, i dont think its an impressive form at all.

Yoko's little brother

a young spirit fox
Years
i got sumthin ta say

i saw an interveiw with akira toriyama-sensei and he said that mirai no trunks would not beat broly. his power level is only 4,700,000 whiole broly's is 6,500,000 so trunks wouldnt stand a chance.

Cherrim

Years
Please try not to revive older topics. Try to make new ones instead. ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back