• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you get where you need to go?

Years
If you go to school, how do you get there? For instance, do your parents drive you, or do you take the bus, walk, ride a bike or can you drive yourself? Same question if you go to work. Do you catch a bus or metro/subway system, walk, drive your car, motorcycle, carpool etc?

I'm just using little gray hand-me-down hatchback to get around.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Love my jeep, But I rarely get to drive it. I've had the car for almost 9 years now and I only have 52k miles on it. I bet I've driven it a total of 5k miles in the last 3 years.

I have a work vehicle that gets me to and from work. And when I am home we normally take the wife's vehicle because it is nicer and better for the kids. So my wrangler is basically a garage queen…

Years
i drive myself, but that's mostly because of the poor public transit here

if there was decent public transit i would definitely take that more often to cut back on emissions and gas costs

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
public transit. it's really not that good or convenient here, especially since there's a massive shortage of drivers rn and they've cut way back on scheduled trips. hopefully that gets resolved soon because it was pretty reasonable before this mess! i do get driven around a fair bit tho; my housemate has a car which we usually grocery shop with and my coworkers often drop me off at home after a shift because they live close by. i would walk or bike more but i get very trapped by exhausting and frigid icy snowy winter :(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Through a combination of walking, buses and metro. Add trains if I'm going outside the city limits.

Right now I'm about to leave the office and walk home. A nice 30-min midnight stroll.

Years
For school I either walked (up to 30-40 minutes away) or took the bus (university, where walking wasn't really possible). Work was also always taking the bus because of how far away they all were. Although I've got a driver's license I never drove more than a few times and that was just briefly, would have made uni commute soo much easier but the family car was always in use and I didn't want to buy my own. Walking is the best!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I drive everywhere I need to go, well, depending on how far it is. I currently stay in a small town for school, so I can walk many places here. However, if where I need to go is a few good miles away, I drive.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Driving. (since novemeber).

However, I have no problem getting on a public bus.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
For school, elementary school my mom took me and brought me home... I think. It's been a long time. Middle school, I walked as it was within walking distance. High school, I took the bus.

Post-school life, it has been a lot of my parents taking me places. I can't drive. =( I hope when we move that we move somewhere with more public transportation.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I use my own two legs to walk everywhere in my small city/town centre, but I take the bus when I need to go to the outer areas, and the commuting train if I need to pop over to the next city. It's really nice to have such a small city that it's possible, and plenty of public transit when it is needed. Blessed tbh. I've considered getting a bike again because it can more than half the time it takes me to get to work etc, but it's already only 15 min walk along a pretty river which is pretty nice for winding up in the morning and winding down in evenings.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
When I went to high school, I rode the bus to get there.
Now I use my car to go to work, even though it just takes me two minutes tops.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sweet Serenity said:
I'm assuming you just drive to work so you can take your lunch breaks at home, right? lol
That would be impossible, particularly during the summer season. There ain't hunger issues, however, concerning the activity I perform.

Years
The combination of bus and train. I have to take a bus to get to the train station to travel to different city, where I work. And then I have to get to the building, which is close to the train station. This whole process takes me about 90 minutes on one trip. I'm used to also work during the trip, especially in train.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I don't go out super often, but when I do I'll either walk or get a ride on account of the fact that I can't drive. I got horrible car sickness when tried to learn, so that's
not happening lol.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't actually know how to drive because of various learning issues etc... so, I actually get around by my dad. Since I live with my parents, again because of... yeah. Anyway, he's the only one that can drive. It's not easy at times because there are usually moments when he doesn't want to go places etc... x.x

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I usually drive, especially post-covid - I used to take public transit more but the pandemic had me a lot more wary of public places that are packed, like buses and the train, so I'd been relying on my car a lot more since.

Back