• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Paradox.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I thought about putting this in SV section, but it isn't official and more of a create your own sorta thing. It is also not really art, so I believe this is the right place. If not, I'm sorry!

Anyway. With SV we now have Paradox Pokemon of a Past and Future variety. With how they have set it up, there could possibly over 2000 new pokemon from using existing pokemon. Giving us an incredible amount of creative freedom. And that is what brings us to the topic of this thread.

Note: Remember, Paradox Pokemon can be any type of pokemon, they could even be similar to Mega Evolution. These are also not regional variants, they usually have a distinctive futuristic or dino/caveman type style. It can also be a combination of multiple pokemon. They also tend to have 570 or 590 base stats.

~ If you could create a Paradox pokemon, what pokemon would you pick?
~ Would it be Ancient or Future?
~ Type?
~ What does it look like?

Optional:
~ If you want, what would its stats be?
~ What would the dex say about it?

I don't have many currently, but this is one I love the concept of.

Heroic Pharaoh (Ancient Lucario)
Ghost/Rock
Stats: 90 - 125 - 80 - 80 - 120 - 95 = 590 total.

Heroic Pharaoh would mostly look like Mega Lucario, but his hair would stiffen and surround his face, while the fur on his neck and tail would combine to make a shoulder cape instead. Think it as a combination between Mega Lucario, Atem from Yugioh anime, and Anubis.

Dex:
It is said this pokemon was a guardian of the leaders in a region across the sea from Paldea in ancient times. While its main priority was the leader of the region, it would also protect other pokemon and lead them when needed. It is said that this pokemon is the reincarnated soul of past leaders. And when the current leader dies, this pokemon would follow the soul to the afterlife in preparations for the next reincarnation.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Ooh, this is a fun idea! I've had a few in mind.

Fierce Crest (Ancient Squawkabilly)
Normal/Rock
HP: 103
Attack: 131
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 49
Special Defense: 87
Speed: 115
Total: 570

Fierce Crest takes cues from all four colors of Squawkabilly, with each of their plumage colors being present on it. However, it is flightless, and is instead an excellent runner. Its new Rock typing is reflected in its more impressive, jagged crest, and a play on the fact that it also takes cues from a real-life bird called the cock-of-the-rock. Its flightlessness also references the kakapo, a species of parrot that can't fly.

Here's what Occulture has to say about it:
Fierce Crest: The Giant Squawkabilly?!
Deep within the forests of Paldea, it's said that a larger, fiercer variant of Squawkabilly lurks. Its name comes from a creature of the same description within the Scarlet Book.
Fierce Crest uses its crest to intimidate foes as well as gore any that come close. It's even more territorial than regular Squawkabilly, to the point that it scares away other Fierce Crests, and is a largely solitary species.

Iron Operant (Future Spidops)
Bug/Ghost
HP: 86
Attack: 106
Defense: 124
Special Attack: 56
Special Defense: 118
Speed: 80

Iron Operant takes Spidops's espionage motif to the next level. Its silk has the same glowy aura all of the Future Paradox Pokémon bear, its web invoking a laser detection system that Spidops's Shiny coloration implies. It mostly resembles a robotic spider: a sleeker, darker, almost ghostly one, and its eyes follow the same LED-display eye motif seen in its fellow iron compatriots (this would probably need to be tweaked so arachnophobes would feel comfortable around this thing). Like how Spidops prefers to climb up trees to jump on prey, Iron Operant prefers to cling to and scuttle along ceilings, using its silk like a bungee cord.

Occulture:
Iron Operant: Security System Gone Rogue?!
The Violet Book describes an elusive, Spidops-like creature of the same name, and elusive it is indeed: it never attacks unless something enters its territory, but when something does, it swiftly abducts it, never for either to be seen again.
Its extremely sensitive silk and secretive nature imply that it's meant to be a security system that somehow went berserk, and now follows its own directives as it moves from territory to territory.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Night Sentry (Future Noctowl)
Type: Electric/Steel
Base stats: 570 total.
- 130 Hitpoints
- 55 Attack
- 95 Defense
- 100 Special Attack
- 120 Special Defense
- 70 Speed

Appearance: Basically Metal Noctowl. Replaces its eyes with red glass and its eyebrows with something more antennae-like.

Pokedex: Typically lives in a parliament (a group of owls). Guards its home diligently. Sends out signals to its fellow Night Sentries to swarm any trespassers. Often encourages this Pokemon to live near places they do not want disturbed.

Years
An attempt at a couple:

Tough Love (Ancient Blissey)
Type: Normal/Fighting
Base stats: 570
- 130 Hitpoints
- 150 Attack
- 90 Defense
- 45 Special Attack
- 90 Special Defense
- 65 Speed

Appearance: Less oval shaped than Blissey, and pretty buff looking. It's feathers are replaced by ribbon like appendages that it can use to ensnare it's patient. The curls on it's head are much longer and wild looking. It's eyes are more rotund and it looks much sterner and less joyful.

Pokedex: Long before Blissey started carrying around eggs, they carried around boulders. It uses these boulder to knock out their patients to make sure they can't refuse medical treatment. Carrying around these boulders all the time has made Tough Love very buff indeed.

Iron Purr (Future Meowstic)
Type: Psychic/Dark
Base stats: 570
- 100 Hitpoints
- 130 Attack
- 110 Defense
- 40 Special Attack
- 100 Special Defense
- 90 Speed

Appearance: It's torso and legs are attached to each other, the rest is floating around it; like Iron Moth's wings. It's got a metallic reddish coloration, with bright yellow LED eyes. It's tails are far bigger and appear quite sharp.

Pokedex: This Pokemon attacks by launching the floating pieces of it's body at the opponent. It's body is imbued with Psychic energy and can make the target confused on being hit by them. This Pokemon tries to put it's target in a state of mind where they will pet it perpetually.

Last edited:

SquirmyWorm064

I’m weird :>
Years
Decided to make some art for this

I wish Butterfree and Beedrill were in the game :/
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CDF7E371-05CA-450A-8D2E-CDD838F8F335.png
    CDF7E371-05CA-450A-8D2E-CDD838F8F335.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 14
  • EC48BBB3-7922-4B95-810C-A5CA605CC865.png
    EC48BBB3-7922-4B95-810C-A5CA605CC865.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 14

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
These are all wonderful ideas! I really love the name Tough Love and matches so well.

Galloping Siege (Ancient Rhyhorn)
Dragon/Ground
Stats: 95 - 120 - 80 - 60 - 105 - 110 = 570 total.

This pokemon would have longer legs than a present day Rhyhorn. It had a long neck that was similar to a car's front hald. The spikes on its back are much smaller and create a form of armor on its back similar to an Ankylosaur without a tail. Over all the body is much longer and far more aerodynamic.

Dex:
Long ago this pokemon was said to live at peace with the humans of a northern region across a bay of water. Regularly used as mounts when traveling long distances. It could faster than most other pokemon, making it excellent for traveling. Rumors state that it is what inspired Rhyhorn Racing in Kalos.

This pokemon is basically a metal Conkeldurr its arm are made from steel beams interlock with one another that can create defensive barriers and fences around important buildings.

Dex:
This pokemon is said to be extremly heavy and durable, able to hold foundation of entire skyscrapers. They are often used to created defensive barriers around important buildings in times of war. If anything gets to close, they are able to spin and send humans flying over a few hundred feet into enemy lines and destroying tanks and other weapons and vehicles of war. Magazines state that no one has ever survived a hit from one of the object's arms.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Normally, I wouldn't contribute to the malarkey of Paradox Pokémon, but I am willing to have a change of heart for the fun of the thread. You can't resist a thread this good and fun. 😊

Iron Grey (Future Beheeyem)
Type: Psychic/Steel
HP: 75
Attack: 75
Defense: 105
Special Attack: 145
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 95
Total: 590

Appearance: It looks similar to Beheeyem, but its body is a shiny chrome color instead of its regular brownish color. Its hands still retain the flashing red, green, and yellow lights emitting from its "fingers," and it's eyes glow brighter and can change colors based on its mood. Yellow eyes represent a neutral or good mood, blue eyes represent stress, such as when its HP is low or what have you, and red eyes represent anger and/or battle mode. It also has a sleeker looking appearance, similar to how technology looks sleeker over time, or like how Porygon2 is sleeker than Porygon, for example. The black lines on Beheeyem's body now emit a bright light on Iron Grey instead of being just black like on regular Beheeyem. If I knew how to draw, I would so illustrate it to give a better picture. lol

Pokédex
Scarlet: It is very similar to an alien covered exclusively by a paranormal magazine. The alien was said to be created by Beheeyem of old to store all memories that were wiped clean. The more memories it has stored, the more powerful it becomes.

Violet: This Pokémon shares many similarities with Iron Grey, an object mentioned in a certain expedition journal.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Fierce Crest (Ancient Squawkabilly)
Normal/Rock

Iron Operant (Future Spidops)
Bug/Ghost

Spoiler:

Actually decided to draw them, lol. The original concepts didn't work out as well as I thought they would, and these designs were definitely a bit impromptu (I'm considering giving Iron Operant a more overt security camera motif in the future), but these were fun to draw up, as well as some Paradox counterparts for Charjabug! So I'll introduce those two new ones.

Crash Wyrm
Bug/Dragon
HP: 135
Attack: 103
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 103
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 41

Imagine Charjabug but with even more segments and a much more insectoid appearance. It's somewhat inspired by Pinsir (mainly the mouth), centipedes and buses. I made it a Bug/Dragon-type as a play on "wyrm" sounding like "worm," and it's meant to be a bulky support Pokémon with good offenses as well, learning moves like Breaking Swipe, Body Press, and Sticky Web.

Occulture:
Crash Wyrm: Charjabug's True Form?!
The Scarlet Book makes mention of a bestial Charjabug that's powerful enough to raze buildings, and about as long as a bus. Despite its sheer size, sightings of this creature—named Crash Wyrm—are few and far between.
Rumors say that Crash Wyrm is Charjabug's true form, which it achieves by tapping into some sort of primal energy. Since no Charjabug have been recorded undergoing this sort of development, its origins remain a mystery.

Iron Battery
Electric/Fire
HP: 92
Attack: 126
Defense: 74
Special Attack: 68
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 150

This future Charjabug is based on cars and battering rams. "Iron Battery" can refer to Charjabug being the "Battery Pokémon," as well as this thing attacking by battering into things and stabbing them with its retractable mandibles. It learns a lot of recoil moves, and particularly loves using Wild Charge and Flare Blitz.

Occulture:
Iron Battery: The Future of Transport?!
Rumor has it that one can spot a speeding Charjabug on the road at night. It moves far too fast for cameras to catch it, so sightings of the elusive Charjabug are hard to verify.
The Violet Book describes a similar being and names it Iron Battery. It's said that Iron Battery is a mode of transport from eons in the future, and that humans have somehow learned how to shrink themselves into miniature cars like this one, similar to how Pokémon shrink into Poké Balls.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I know it already got an evo, but I'd still like to see an Ancient Dunsparce in the DLC considering its Sword Dex entry:

"This Pokémon's tiny wings have some scientists saying that Dunsparce used to fly through the sky in ancient times."

Too lazy to come up with any specific details. =w=

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Spoiler:

Actually decided to draw them, lol. The original concepts didn't work out as well as I thought they would, and these designs were definitely a bit impromptu (I'm considering giving Iron Operant a more overt security camera motif in the future), but these were fun to draw up, as well as some Paradox counterparts for Charjabug! So I'll introduce those two new ones.

Crash Wyrm
Bug/Dragon
HP: 135
Attack: 103
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 103
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 41

Imagine Charjabug but with even more segments and a much more insectoid appearance. It's somewhat inspired by Pinsir (mainly the mouth), centipedes and buses. I made it a Bug/Dragon-type as a play on "wyrm" sounding like "worm," and it's meant to be a bulky support Pokémon with good offenses as well, learning moves like Breaking Swipe, Body Press, and Sticky Web.

Occulture:
Crash Wyrm: Charjabug's True Form?!
The Scarlet Book makes mention of a bestial Charjabug that's powerful enough to raze buildings, and about as long as a bus. Despite its sheer size, sightings of this creature—named Crash Wyrm—are few and far between.
Rumors say that Crash Wyrm is Charjabug's true form, which it achieves by tapping into some sort of primal energy. Since no Charjabug have been recorded undergoing this sort of development, its origins remain a mystery.

Iron Battery
Electric/Fire
HP: 92
Attack: 126
Defense: 74
Special Attack: 68
Special Defense: 60
Speed: 150

This future Charjabug is based on cars and battering rams. "Iron Battery" can refer to Charjabug being the "Battery Pokémon," as well as this thing attacking by battering into things and stabbing them with its retractable mandibles. It learns a lot of recoil moves, and particularly loves using Wild Charge and Flare Blitz.

Occulture:
Iron Battery: The Future of Transport?!
Rumor has it that one can spot a speeding Charjabug on the road at night. It moves far too fast for cameras to catch it, so sightings of the elusive Charjabug are hard to verify.
The Violet Book describes a similar being and names it Iron Battery. It's said that Iron Battery is a mode of transport from eons in the future, and that humans have somehow learned how to shrink themselves into miniature cars like this one, similar to how Pokémon shrink into Poké Balls.

That's so awesome. Very creative stuff you came up with and such nice art. You're a great artist!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I know it already got an evo, but I'd still like to see an Ancient Dunsparce in the DLC considering its Sword Dex entry:

"This Pokémon's tiny wings have some scientists saying that Dunsparce used to fly through the sky in ancient times."

Too lazy to come up with any specific details. =w=

Remembered that Pokedex entry when playing. Seemed like a prime focus for its evolution. Learned about Paradox Pokemon later on. Also fit that mechanic well. Decided against both officially, sadly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ooo I love the art, I would draw mine, but I am terrible at drawing lol. All the new concepts posted are really nice! I may have more eventually.

I did edit some stuff for my Heroic Pharaoh concept. I was thinking Egypt was larger and closer to Spain, so instead of a region south of Paldea, I put across the sea from Paldea so it isn't 'South' specifically.

Last edited:
Back