• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Raining Cats And Dogs - The Feline and Canine Pokemon Club [V2.0]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Precous~Dark
Partner Pokemon(s): Ninetales & Sylveon
Answer the current topic:
Which one do you prefer - canine or feline pokemon?

Feline ^-^ I'm a cat-person (Actually I'm an animal-person... but I prefer cats over dogs.) A lot of my favourite Pokemon are Feline. I'm always looking forward to new Feline Pokemon. I like some of the Canine, but most of the feline.

Hey Precious! It's good to see someone who likes felines over canine pokemon. I really like Ninetales and Sylveon as well, both of them are elegant and cute. :]

What sort of new feline pokemon would you like to see if I might ask? I'm really hoping they do something similar to a tabby or cheshire cat though I'd honestly be happy if they designed a feline similar to Mightyena in terms of design.

Sirfetch’d

Hey Precious! It's good to see someone who likes felines over canine pokemon. I really like Ninetales and Sylveon as well, both of them are elegant and cute. :]

What sort of new feline pokemon would you like to see if I might ask? I'm really hoping they do something similar to a tabby or cheshire cat though I'd honestly be happy if they designed a feline similar to Mightyena in terms of design.

I've always considered Liepard to sorta be the feline counterpart to Mightyena but what you are describing or hinting at would be really cool. It's a concept that I would be down for.

Speaking of, are you a huge Mightyena fan? I've always enjoyed him as an early route Pokemon :o

Years

Good question! I'd love to see a Ragdoll Cat inspired Pokemon ^-^ It has to be super fluffy and I hope it will be a Ice-type because it will fit her appearance well.
Spoiler:

A Tabby cat will be cool as well (especially because I have two very cute little tabby-cats at home) If they make a Cheshire cat inspired Pokemon I hope they will make it's type Fairy/Dark. ^-^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokemon(s): Vulpix, Zorua.

In your opinion, what's the strongest canine pokemon? On the contrary, who do you think is the weakest?
If I were to make a quick assumption, I'd say Lillipup would be among one of the weakest; as it's only a first-stage Pokémon (and doesn't have much good of overall stats nor access to any decent moves), Lillipup, in comparison to some others (especially second- and third-stagers), isn't that strong.

As for strongest, I'll have to side with Shaymin-Sky. =)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Good question! I'd love to see a Ragdoll Cat inspired Pokemon ^-^ It has to be super fluffy and I hope it will be a Ice-type because it will fit her appearance well.
Spoiler:

I have to totally agree, a feline Pokémon similar to that as an Ice-type is something I would TOTALLY use.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Username: NinjaAiden
Partner Pokemon(s): Ninetails and Luxray

Which do you prefer - canine or feline Pokémon?
I personally prefer the felines, simply because cats are the best :P I love the canines too, but felines are better!

In your opinion, what's the strongest canine pokemon? On the contrary, who do you think is the weakest?

Weakest I would agree and say Lillipup.

As for the strongest I'm going to have to go with Mewtwo on this one. For one, it's back-story as the close on Mew and the most powerful Pokémon, and second simply because it's just too powerful in the games too. Matching it's anime and manga story I guess :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Been meaning to join this:
Username: Dedenne1
Partner Pokemon(s): Shinx, Zorua

Felines cause ive always liked cats better than dogs but i really like the foxes to! The dogs though i dont see as that great mainly Houndoom and Absol are the 2 i like on that list

Gotta agree with Lilipup his line was pretty weak compared to the others and is definately the weakest in the group!

And well Mewtwo cause hes extremely powerful but he is a legendary so besides him id say lucario cause hes pretty powerful has a mega and is quite the extrodinary pokemon!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Spoiler:

A Tabby cat will be cool as well (especially because I have two very cute little tabby-cats at home) If they make a Cheshire cat inspired Pokemon I hope they will make it's type Fairy/Dark. ^-^

Aaa Cheshire cat! I grew up watching Alice in Wonderland and he was probably my favourite character of the lot. I'd love to see a similar pokemon though, that'd be amazing. Fairy/Dark would make it an absolute powerhouse with its type advantages and resistances too. Ragdoll cats are also adorable so I'd honestly be happy to see either of them in-game. I'd imagine they'd both be pretty popular considering their uniqueness as well. :]

Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokemon(s): Vulpix, Zorua.

If I were to make a quick assumption, I'd say Lillipup would be among one of the weakest; as it's only a first-stage Pokémon (and doesn't have much good of overall stats nor access to any decent moves), Lillipup, in comparison to some others (especially second- and third-stagers), isn't that strong.

As for strongest, I'll have to side with Shaymin-Sky. =)

Hi Ashley!

Looks like you're a fox type pokemon fan! I love Vulpix and Zorua, they both have amazing designs and great evolutions to match. Ninetales is really pretty especially.

I think most people have said Lillipup or Poochyena as the weakest but I honestly think they're both on the same level. I agree in that they're not very strong though, being available so early in the game comes with downfalls of being weaker than most pokemon.

Shaymin-S! Have you seen the movie with Shaymin before? I don't remember if it transforms into Sky-Forme but it's always struck me as a legendary similar to Mew in that it's small but powerful. Having access to Seed Flare and various strong STAB moves makes it a tough opponent too.

Username: NinjaAiden
Partner Pokemon(s): Ninetails and Luxray

I personally prefer the felines, simply because cats are the best :P I love the canines too, but felines are better!

Weakest I would agree and say Lillipup.

As for the strongest I'm going to have to go with Mewtwo on this one. For one, it's back-story as the close on Mew and the most powerful Pokémon, and second simply because it's just too powerful in the games too. Matching it's anime and manga story I guess :P

Hey Aiden!

I think only you and one other person preferred feline over canines! That's awesome though, I love them both and it's surprising to see such a small amount of people say 'feline > canine'. Also yay cats!

Luxray and Ninetales are two of my favourite pokemon, the former especially. I've used one so many times in Platinum and whilst I haven't trained one in a while, it's still a pokemon that I find great aesthetic and battle-wise. Huge lion that shoots electricity? Heck yeah. I feel like it should of been electric/dark due to the nature of its design though, what about you?

Mewtwo's backstory does make it seem really powerful in comparison to other pokemon. Not only did it escape the Cinnabar lab but it managed to start an army of clones and take on Mew during the First Movie. I'd even go as far to say its one of the strongest legendaries though I could be wrong on that.

Been meaning to join this:
Username: Dedenne1
Partner Pokemon(s): Shinx, Zorua

Felines cause ive always liked cats better than dogs but i really like the foxes to! The dogs though i dont see as that great mainly Houndoom and Absol are the 2 i like on that list

Gotta agree with Lilipup his line was pretty weak compared to the others and is definately the weakest in the group!

And well Mewtwo cause hes extremely powerful but he is a legendary so besides him id say lucario cause hes pretty powerful has a mega and is quite the extrodinary pokemon!

Hiya Dedenne!

Looks like we're on a roll with feline > canine then! It's great to see different opinions though. Shame that you don't like most canines but Houndoom and Absol are two of my favourites so props to you!

Already talked about Zorua but I love Shinx, it's very similar to an actual lion cub in that they look adorable before turning all 'raaawr' and scary. Great partner choices! Have to say that Lucario's also a pokemon that jumped in mind when answering the topic due to its strong spiritual and physical abilities. Fighting/steel's a great combo too.

Okay so since we've pretty much exhausted this topic - how about a new topic? I'll update the OP shortly but for now:

The three legendary beasts or Raikou, Suicune and Entei have been argued as legendary cats and legendary dogs. Which do you think they resemble more and why?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I feel that Entei Raikou and Suicune come under the label as Dogs more than cats. My first argument is that none of them really share much of the anatomy of a cat, their bodies being too bulky to fit a cat's sleek design. Suicune is a great example of their dogginess too, being a very Wolf-shaped beast, without a tail. Raikou and Entei lack the typiness of a Wolf's head, but since all three are related, I'd say they're all dogs, or wolves.

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon(s): Meowstic and Manectric

The three legendary beasts or Raikou, Suicune and Entei have been argued as legendary cats and legendary dogs. Which do you think they resemble more and why?

I do agree with Aiden, their designs heavily resemble canines more than felines. As he pointed out, feline bodies tend to be more sleek and these Legendaries' designs certainly are not. Raikou and Entei in particular have very heavy design basis on wolves if you look at it.

Years
Username: Hecate
Partner Pokemon(s): Leafeon and Luxray
Current Topic: Raikou, Suicune and Entei have been argued as legendary cats and legendary dogs. Which do you think they resemble more and why?

I have always thought of them as both - Entei and Suicune as dogs, and Raikou as a cat. But for the purposes of this, I really must answer "dogs". Their design is much more clearly canine. Entei looks rather like a boxer or bulldog, while Suicune looks like a greyhound or another lithe dog.

Back